Topic about a serious server.

chris08

Question

Hi guys,I'm thinking to create a serious server with donate.But I mean really serious.I don't know if there are many people who play L2 now,but to be honest I like this game although is quite old.

So back to bussiness,I'm looking for good dedicated servers.

If anyone knows how can I create a donation system so the people who donated can get automatically staff they ordered.

I really liked L2 Elite in the past,but I'm planning to create it in l2j,since I don't know nothing about l2 off.

How can I create a beautiful webpage?(I only know about ucoz :(.This will ruin the server,I know.

I want seriously to blow away the competition in Hopzone.I'm thinking about a mid rate server maybe xp100,but really close to the official.And maybe another fun server x5000.

*I don't want to create the servers in order to play for my self,to have heroes players and fun with my friends.I see it strictly as bussiness.Even if I can earn in the beggining about 40 euros or 30 I would be extremely happy.

I really appreciate your help and I'm looking forward to your opinions.Pls be serious to your replies.Thanks for all.

The truth is that I'm not experienced and the budget can be up to 80 euros maybe per month.Or maybe I could hire Somebody to do the work for me and pay him.

I don't know where to search about dedicated servers.

I don't know almost nothing,but I'm really thinking of creating the server.

Good and cheap dedicateds.

And something else, without skills and experience, there are two possibilities:

- do not start server project, practise firstly, improve your skills at least

- hire someone to do whole (or most) job (if u need good pack/website/configuration, u will have to pay lot)

Firstly I really want to thank you for giving me informations and replies ;).

I know how to create a l2j server,but with the donate system I know nothing and about a serious webpage also.

You will need money, a dev or two, some knowledge about linux, and good people that are willing to spend the time in this

It's going to be difficult, but don't abandon if you think you can do it

I don't really know this web donate system to which you refer.

So it would be better to explain it a bit about how does it exactly work.

Hello , your idea is nice and if you make as you say a "serious" project you will have many people.I will try to help you :

About the donation shop i think you are searching an SMS Donate system like this.

Second to build a beautiful website you need a host company , www.000webhost.com << This is a very good.

Then find and follow some guides about FTP(The way you upload the template) here in MxC.

Hopzone imo isn't something important for advertise reasons.There are lots of advertise sites.You should choose a kind of rates that does not exist so much.

DONT FORGET : The most important thing in a serious server is the host , i think this topic can help you choose a good one.

Good luck with your project.

PS : Here some members are perfect developers , Matim is one of the best here , you can show your idea in some of them and they maybe help you ;)

Well if you played on l2 Elite it was an 45 xp but it was built as off server(I don't know if it still exists.)

Yeah still exists look here.

http://www.l2elite.us/home.php

I was talking about how does donate system work, not server concept, anyway.

Im not php coder, but I suppose you will have to make it with php, that it will connect with your database and upgrade item table (by adding new items to player)

You should make a field where player should put his character name (ingame name) and code should compre this name with characters table (and get player id) and next add new item in item table to this character (with received character id)

Yes I know they have already helped me a lot. :P.Now I'm just thinking the whole situation and  my financial status.(of course I could pay up to 80 euros per month and the host company).

By 85% probably I will set up the server and run it normally.

Now about what chronicle would be the most successful?

Interlude I think is cool but is quite old.

Maybe Freya would be better?,because it's new and have more features.

As I told you, i would strongly recommend to practise more firstly before thinking about any server project.

Anyway its your choose, so, about chronicle:

- Interlude, old but as we can see, still may players like it

(anyway its hard to find good Intrelude pack, my adivice? L2Acis and self development)

- Gracia Epilogue - more stable than Freya (newest, so its obvious), I would recommend latest L2JEmu - Here.

- Freya - good choose for High Rate, why? Because of constant updates, latest chronicle is also + for players.

Interlude vs Freya

Interlude vs Gracia Epilogue vs Hellbound vs Kamael

Just see the results , it will maybe help you.

If you want my opinion i think Freya is very good.

When someone buys a dedicated server for games,what should check first?Disc space,RAM or something else?

Linux vs Windows.Why Linux is better of course is cheaper but what else?

HDD Space - Database/ Database Backups (but u don't need sooooo big HDD anyway)

RAM - really important (proper ammount for Java/GS/LS etc)

CPU - obvious, thats important.

And ofc proper connection.

About Linux vs Windows:

Most important thing Linux is faster (better performance)

About HDD: check if there is SSD option for a bit more price (in hetzner there is), it will help you a TON for when the server gets heavy and it needs lots of changes in database all the time, else the server will lag hard when people change subclasses/login/restart at the same time