[GR+EN]Problem with RAM

Reptant_

2 days before,i decided to upgrade my 64bit windows pc,by putting another 4 GB ram,reaching 5.5

as i heard,64bit can support much ram right?

and this is my problem

90322365.png

Only 3,12gb from 5,5

From searching the web,i found various answers

i tried some things(place ram in another way,install again 64bit) but nothing

I found some information

1. - A 64-bit version of Windows must be used. (Most PCs still use 32-bit versions of Windows.)

2. - The processor must support the x64 - 64-bit - instruction set. (Most processors dating from 2006 do. To find out if a particular processor does, visit the Processors section of this website.)

3. - The motherboard's chipset must support at least 8GB of address space. Intel chipsets that have this capability include 975X, P965, 955X, which are all Intel Socket LGA775 chipsets, and all chipsets for Intel Sockets 1366 and 1156. AMD chipsets that use Socket 940, 939, AM2, AM2+ and AM3 also support 8GB of address space, which means any AMD processor dating from 2005 does.

4. - The system's BIOS setup program must support memory remapping, which allows the segment of system memory previously overwritten by the PCI configuration space to be remapped above the 4GB address line. This feature must be enabled in the BIOS. It can be difficult to locate, since, for some strange reason, there is no standard terminology for memory remapping .

Only a few Intel Pentium 4 (single-core) processors support 64-bit instructions. Fortunately, yours, one of the last Pentium 4 CPUs made, using the Prescott 'F' core, does . However, memory mapping remains a problem. With modern versions of Windows such as Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, large areas of memory between 3GB and 4GB are reserved for system devices. The processor and other peripheral devices can communicate with other devices by reading and writing memory addresses into these reserved areas.

The largest slice of memory is usually reserved for the graphics card(s). The graphics card's onboard graphics RAM memory has to be mapped to the main system RAM memory, byte for byte. Therefore, if the graphics card has, say, 512MB of memory, 512MB is unusable by Windows. If you were to install two nVidia GeForce 7950 GX2 graphics cards that have 1GB of graphics memory each 2GB of RAM would not be accessible by Windows.

If your hardware and software were all 64-bit compatible, this mapping problem becomes less significant. It looks as if your motherboard's BIOS doesn't support memory mapping or the feature is disabled. If you can't find the option, look for a BIOS update on DFI's website. The current version's ID is provided on the startup screen if it is the one that provides a memory count, not the computer-manufacturer's logo. The free Belarc Advisor from http://www.belarc.com/ provides the BIOS version. If there is a higher version, you might be in luck.

1-2:I have 64bit proccesor,i am running 64bit windows very well

3:I have Asus p5ld2,with chipset 955X that support 8GB ram space normally

4:My MAIN problem.I can't find in BIOS this option

It tells me to update,i got into a newer driver(1900) but still no have this(i don't know where to find newer version too)

also,i couldn't find 64bit version of BIOS,can this be the fault?all other drivers are 64bit

If you can help me,use GR if u can't explain it easily

http://www.e-shop.gr/show_per.phtml?id=PER.522424

The Intel 945P chipset used by the P5LD2 has a 4GB address space limit and, because the upper memory addresses must be reserved/mapped/used for addressing system devices like PCI-Express cards, you will never be able to map the full 4GB even with a 64-bit OS.

Unfortunately 3.2GB is the best you're going to get.  You'll need an Intel 965 or newer motherboard (e.g. P5B series) and a 64-bit OS to use the full 4GB.

http://support.asus.com/faq/asus-faq.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&no=D06D6034-D5C9-49C4-5E1B-CF724DB5C000

Problem solved.

:D

I thought i was using 955

buying new chipset doesn't worth

so,we go at a new motherboard..

thanks

hehe,the motherboard is really old,so no matter what your tries,you'll not reach it to 4gb.

Good luck.

I understand it,my pc is from 2006 and i have like one of the first dual core processors with 64 bit

I bet this motherboard now costs 10 euro or less

anyway,problem solved

soz for double post

i can't fckn understand why at motherboard specs it says i can put up to 8GB ram,and that's for what if it doesn't support it,lol

soz for double post

i can't fckn understand why at motherboard specs it says i can put up to 8GB ram,and that's for what if it doesn't support it,lol

soz for double post

whereever i searched it,it saw 4gb ddr2 667mhz

where did you find those 8gb ram specs