[Request] Same project names.

kuba90

Question

Well since i started my own extension on l2j, there was a plan to make it cross-chronicle. That means the extension should work on any project with a minor wrapping and interfacing. When we started today testing the compatibility we bumped into a serious problem coming out from dev stupidity.

Our extension is a seperate java project that adds two-way dependancies with L2Jserver and one-way dependancies with datapack. The problem is that , each l2jserver pack ( fork ) has different package names. For example:

com.l2jserver. ......

com.l2jarchid. ......

coml.l2jbrazil. .....

So i would request if possible all devs to stop changing the names of the packages. Keep it default, it will add more compatibility and will allow custom code to be migrated easier. After all what makes your pack cool is not that it has a different svn name but stability/bug fixes/performance and custom cool features.

Time to get serious with the packs , right ?

3 answers to this question