[L2Off]L2Luna - The Best Custom PvP Experience - Opened Sept 17

GTHaxor

Can i download the updater from now?when it's officialy up i will be able to connect with that or i will need something else?

Can i download the updater from now?when it's officialy up i will be able to connect with that or i will need something else?

You can go ahead and download everything now and when we launch you'll probably just need to run the updater real quick (which is started automatically when you launch the game).

u lag with 200 people? seriously throw ur pc in trash.

you read what i said?

i said i lag with 200 people? where ? show me please!

i said with the CUSTOM SKILLS IMAGINE what will happen if this skill used near 200 people and the user walk arround!!! here people lags with the normal AOE this skill is like used by 300 sps in the same time!!! imagina to use it to guards in a siege!!!

i play too much servers and i dont have any problem with lags and server got 500 people+ but i see people i shot(!) chat to say "GM restart the server please lag" etc....first read and THINK IF you can (cause i said imagine!!!) and then post.

check what people say here they lag with a simple glow LOL:

Actually the only idiot here is you... it actually makes sence since even in sublimity (with the special glow) lags alot on the sieges, you have to change the system to a normal glow

If that's really gonna be the issue, here are a couple of things that could be done :

1. Buy better PC, play with lower detail.

if you dont know what pc i have then dont speak please. maybe i have 1000 times better pc than your pc!

I just say my opinion about the server and about those custom skills! i dont insult anyone i dont flame anyone like you did guys!

I hope this server is gonna be very good with those all new things! But my opinion dont change im sure there will be people with lag! Sure in sieges! Here in normal server with JUST tvt event and they shot "GM buy a better pc for the server, gm restart the server"!

I also hope this server got more than 200 players so it will lag or ill be a scammer xD!

GL when server open!!! I'll just test it!

Okay obviously you just don't get it.

It. Wont. Lag.

Server side speaking. Custom skill effects is just client side, you know? Why would you

shot(!) chat to say "GM restart the server please lag" etc

if this makes absolutely no difference?

Gth spent a huge amout of work on this project. Server side, it is tweaked and balanced as much as possible.

If you lag because of huge crowds, just go to options and reduce the max number of PCs that are shown on screen.

End of discussion?

i

wanna

play

this

server

nao

i hope it has balance , the idea of removing the damn classes of l2 and adding new ones means that you know how they are made and you can optimize them in any way you want , this server looks promising.

i

wanna

play

this

server

nao

i hope it has balance , the idea of removing the damn classes of l2 and adding new ones means that you know how they are made and you can optimize them in any way you want , this server looks promising.

Thanks for the compliment Phoenix4! Really encourages me to work even harder and longer hours on the project. As for balance, I've tried as hard as I could to have some semblance of balance without much testing available but of course there will be some imbalanced skills and items that need to be completely tested and balanced. I won't ever stop balancing and adding new content, that's for sure.

So as you play, if there's something obviously broken or even slightly off, just let me know on the forums and after getting enough feedback and opinions from other members I'll be sure to balance the issue.

Thanks for the compliment Phoenix4! Really encourages me to work even harder and longer hours on the project. As for balance, I've tried as hard as I could to have some semblance of balance without much testing available but of course there will be some imbalanced skills and items that need to be completely tested and balanced. I won't ever stop balancing and adding new content, that's for sure.

So as you play, if there's something obviously broken or even slightly off, just let me know on the forums and after getting enough feedback and opinions from other members I'll be sure to balance the issue.

i see server is looking nice

i wanna test something but i can't wait

Px mage characters

will hit only with spells or with with simple hits?i would really like to see it (like a mage hiting with normal hits that deal damage)

Also,what about max level-subclasses

i see server is looking nice

i wanna test something but i can't wait

Px mage characters

will hit only with spells or with with simple hits?i would really like to see it (like a mage hiting with normal hits that deal damage)

Also,what about max level-subclasses

Well, most of the spell-caster classes on Luna aren't full casters as you're used to on L2. For example:

Holy Knight is a hybrid healer, mage, hitter that can be built to rely on his melee attacks only or a combination of melee and spells.

Silencer is an anti-mage caster class that has a spell which deals damage equal to your normal physical attack + spell damage. He also has a skill which deals damage equal to a percentage of your remaining MP. You can build this character several different ways and one way would be to stack up on P.Attk.

There are even some hitter classes that can benefit greatly by going semi-caster build.

Hope that answers your question

Well, most of the spell-caster classes on Luna aren't full casters as you're used to on L2. For example:

Holy Knight is a hybrid healer, mage, hitter that can be built to rely on his melee attacks only or a combination of melee and spells.

Silencer is an anti-mage caster class that has a spell which deals damage equal to your normal physical attack + spell damage. He also has a skill which deals damage equal to a percentage of your remaining MP. You can build this character several different ways and one way would be to stack up on P.Attk.

There are even some hitter classes that can benefit greatly by going semi-caster build.

Hope that answers your question

not in all :))

What about retail L2 features/way of xp/subclasses/attritubes/elements/max level etc?

not in all :))

What about retail L2 features/way of xp/subclasses/attritubes/elements/max level etc?

I can't think of any retail L2 feature that is still used in Luna.

You level up normally by killing mobs, which may sound boring, and you may ask why not reward XP for PvPing or something. My response would be "Why add more boring content to something already boring?" I left XPing alone but added a lot of other things for players to do. PvPing has its own rewards that are pretty much required to be one of the top players.

There are no subclasses but we do have plans on allowing players to switch to any other class they want and level them up as well. But we haven't gotten around to that part yet.

Attributes: I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this because I stopped playing L2 in C4, but i assume you're asking about the fire/water/dark/holy attributes. We don't have these poorly and quickly designed attributes but we do have a lot more interesting concepts that make Luna special. In addition to the normal stats of a character, each character also has Power, Agility, and Brilliance -- each of which have their own bonuses. Each class has a base starting PAB, has a base increase PAB per level, can learn skills which boost PAB, and can equip accessories that add to PAB. They are extremely important since they contribute significantly to your HP, CP, MP, Attack speed, P.Def, M.Def, armor, etc.

Elements: Maybe this is what fire/water/holy/dark was supposed to be. Either way, we don't have them. Luna is pretty much a brand new game and doesn't have any retail features.

Max level is 25 but everything is adjusted so that it's not too quick or too fast. In retail, you level up 10 times before getting to learn new skills so it's pretty useless to have so many levels. We've condensed the levels and given skills at every level so each level is significant now.

I hope I got everything this time =)

what mobs-meaning as farm zones

buffs i think you said totally disabled or some custom?

also,how much time approx will people need to be 25 level?

what mobs-meaning as farm zones

buffs i think you said totally disabled or some custom?

The beginning levels will be spent on Talking Island and there are higher level areas in OB, Elemental Tower (new), and others.

Like I said before, there are literally no retail content left on Luna including buffs. There are new buffs that I've designed to be balanced (unlike retail's). Instead of having a "buffer class" like the prophet or warcryer, many classes have one buff each. The buffs are basically spread out. There are also other buffs that you can get in town which are not available from any other place. To get these buffs you have to PvP and rank up. You can also exchange Lunar Adena and vote vouchers for an item called candy which gives you full buffs one time. (So make sure you vote so you can start collecting vote vouchers now ^_^)

To get to level 25, I'm not exactly sure how long it'll take you. It depends on the class, depends on how fast you learn how to play Luna (experience with custom features), and depends on the final rates I'm going to set on the server. Right now I believe it takes about an average day of playing to get to level 25. That's like 5-8 hours. But I'm not exactly sure. I think there are other players on our forums who could answer that question more accurately because they've played a lot more than I have.

I have advanced knowledge about all the items and different playstyles ingame and it takes me about 2 days (5 hours /day) to get level 25. Considering most players will be new to these features i'd say it would take you 2-4 days depending how much time you spend playing. Once you get to level 25 you will realise you don't have all the Lunar items you need so you will need to spend a few more days farming shards from PvP or PvE. Ofc there is also the achievement option that will encourage you to do different things that may delay your leveling up (such as the Daredevil achievement which awards you bonus HP if you kill a number of mobs while under 5% HP). Once you get 25 you can also start PvPing to get a better rank and get buffs from the NPC in town. You also have the option to get Prestige, that gets you back to level 1 and unlocks special features such as Armor and Weapon masteries, items and skills.