[HELP] how do my friends connect to my server?

shawshaw

Question

howdy mates... i have this 1 hard question for me, im running l2j server on my home pc, and nothing is wrong with it, all i wanna ask is, is there any chances that my friends can connect to my server? even if they leave in other places? and how can they connect? coz i already put my external ip on my host file and already forwarded all the ports on my router.. but still my friend from other places cant connect to me... any solutions please? thanks.. have a nice day ahead...

9 answers to this question

its funny that someone with the same topic right on top you got locked and moved.... Its even got the same name and everything...

so that means you must be blind :P i would say use search.... Anyway you look new to our forums so welcome and next time look before you post:

Now to get to your problem...

Did you give them your l2.ini ? or the 1 thats  for them?

Because theres 2 difront ones...

1 is for you to connect from home.

and the other one is for other players to connect...

Sorry for my english

you have to set external IP in gameserver config, then your friends have to have original l2.ini (if you wanna use hosts file), then it will work (of course if you running that server under windows, especially win7 (win7 has lame net sharing), it probably wont work due to firewalls and other microsoft stuff)

its funny that someone with the same topic right on top you got locked and moved.... Its even got the same name and everything...

so that means you must be blind :P i would say use search.... Anyway you look new to our forums so welcome and next time look before you post:

Now to get to your problem...

Did you give them your l2.ini ? or the 1 thats  for them?

Because theres 2 difront ones...

1 is for you to connect from home.

and the other one is for other players to connect...

Sorry for my english

ohh yeah im new.. hehe tnx..

anyways, ive been reading all issues like mine,ive followed all the guides, btw im using host file coz im running gracia part 2, i tried on my friends pc,put my game host file on his etc folder and still an epic fail.. btw is there any chance to connect? even if its just a small server for friends? its been tested? or really need to rent a company to host? coz im just using my own pc, dual core,2gb ram.... :D

if you really have external ip transferet to your router and port forwarding is ok, forget about windows vista :) install ubuntu and run it (cause sharing on windows vista/windows 7 is worse than hell :) )

if you really have external ip transferet to your router and port forwarding is ok, forget about windows vista :) install ubuntu and run it (cause sharing on windows vista/windows 7 is worse than hell :) )

btw mate... i used dynamic ip config on my router... do you think this is the problem? coz ig i set up static ip, i wont get any internet connection..

ohh yeah im new.. hehe tnx..

anyways, ive been reading all issues like mine,ive followed all the guides, btw im using host file coz im running gracia part 2, i tried on my friends pc,put my game host file on his etc folder and still an epic fail.. btw is there any chance to connect? even if its just a small server for friends? its been tested? or really need to rent a company to host? coz im just using my own pc, dual core,2gb ram.... :D

don't make that fucking double posts

btw you edit the l2.ini with file edit and give it to your friends?

don't make that -beep-ing double posts

btw you edit the l2.ini with file edit and give it to your friends?

i gues i dont have to edit my l2.ini to share to other coz im using host file.. am i rate bro?

guys now i know whats my problem... my ports are closed... anyone can share some idea how to open it? or my router set up is wrong? my router is TP-LINK TL-R402M .... :(