How to protect yourself from being scammed

NotAbastard

Yep it is about scamming. I wanna give you some information about how to save your poor account from being emptied :P

Let's start...

1) Try using a difficult password. Avoid PWs that have your birthdate in them, or PWs which contain a part of your username. Never use an obvious password like : qwerty ,12345, 11111 or noob123 etc

2) When playing at a Cyber Cafe, Net cafe or whatever, be sure that you are alone when you are typing your pass. Many eyes can catch a glimpse of your pass and scam you. Protect the keyboard with your arms if possible.

3) No server owner, no server employee will ever , EVER ask your password. Simply because they can find it themselves via the db.

4) GMs and Admins do not care about your email, and email password and be sure that you don't give it to anybody.

5)When you are added in MsN by unknown players, which send you pictures, or rar files or whatever, right away, block the file delivery and block/delete the contact right away.

6)Never drop a weapon when a party is set at "loot by turn". It may cause your wep or armor or anything being picked by the other party members.

7) When you trade money for an enchanted wep, check what is given to you before trade, because from the icon you may be tricked.

TO L2 GOLD PLAYERS

-There are many emails like dhx_l2goldadmin@l2gold.org, or admin@l2gold.com, or dhxadmin@l2gold.org or admingm@l2gold.org etc. T-H-E-Y A-R-E F-A-K-E. They will trick you and scam you, they may say that you can become gm etc. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM!

Hope I helped  ;)

For sure will be helpful for bunch of neewbies... thx,

Trust me, not only for newbies. Anyone can be scammed :D

But if you mean newbies in being scammed... then... I back off :P

Yes its useful.

But when i start play Lineage 2 (C3) my pass was like my Acc.And one day me char was "nude" and it was set-ed to delete.From that day my pass is over 8 symbols a-z 0-9 :).

So remember Never gives your password to any one ... if he says "I am admin /GM give me you pass to test ... " you must write /gmlist and see if his name shows like GM just report to Admin :P if not just give him Wrong Acc and Pass :D

On my old server,where i was begining, was a dorf, he told that he invites me to clan and give me a stuff but first i must give him pass. After 1 month when i get more moneys etc. my account has been.. cleaned... i was young and stupid ;)