[Guide] Editing L2Info.DAT of L2Walker

MasterWalker

Many users of L2Walker pass by the problem of the BOT did not recognize items customized in several servers.

With this guide, you can edit the (L2Info.DAT, or L2InfoA.DAT L2InfoB.DAT) and add the ID of the custom items, NPC, Kills, Armos, weapons, their names and description.

I apologize if you are not very clear guide, because I am Brazilian and I am bad in English.

It is a very simple guide you will only need a few programs and a little attention.

To get started you will need to go to the system folder of the server where you play, and copy all files ending with .DAT to another folder. In the picture below you can see the DAT files from a folder's system:

datssystem.jpg

Then you have to download L2 File Edit to do the decryption of DAT files.

MediaFire: Download L2 File Edit All Chronicle

Once downloaded, unzip it somewhere directory. Run L2 FileEdit All Chronicles, to open the program click on Open and Decrypt.

62122961.jpg

Now go to the directory where you saved the files DAT's, and select the file you need. Recalling that the files:

itemname-e: responsible for the names of items, weapons and sets.

npcname-e: charge of the NPC's name.

skillname-e: responsible for the names of skills.

After selecting the DAT file, click Open and wait.

Note: as an example for the tutorial, I will use the itemname-e.

With the file open, you need to find the custom item that you want to add to your L2Walker L2Info.DAT, yet the Edit File not have the option to search. Therefore we will select the entire table and copy to the notepad.

To select the entire table go to the first line of the file and click with the mouse, then hold shift and press down the scroll bar until you reach the last row. Click at the end of the line to select all. Now give Ctrl + C and paste it in notepad.

89858954.jpg

In notepad hit Ctrl + F and search window will open. Now enter the correct name of the custom item you want to get the ID and then click Find Next.

If the name is correct, the program will find the item you searched.

In the example below, I searched the item name: Orelha de Coelho

71186861.jpg

See the item ID is 19129 and the name is Orelha de Coelho Presente the information in front is the description of the item, these are the basics you need to know about an item. In the case of Weapon Sets and you'll have to look too: P atack, M Atack, P def, def M, Weight among other things, the more it is up to you.

Whenever you have to look at the first column to view the Item ID, NPC, Weapon or Armor.

With the ID, name and description of the item already saved, we can close and save this file in your notebook, because if you later want to get some more information, just open it and do the search.

Also close the L2 File Edit.

NOTE: The process for capturing ID's, names and other information are the same for Weapon's, Set's, NPC's and Skills.

After capturing the ID, name and description of item, we'll add it to the L2Info.DAT L2Walker you use, is the L2Walker OOG (OUTGAME), or IG (INGAME).

So we can decrypt the L2Info.DAT we will use the L2info edit that can be downloaded from the link below:

MediaFire: Download L2 Info Edit

With the program downloaded, unzip into any directory. Run L2info edit and wait to open.

With the program open with no error message, you will encounter a screen like the image below. Select the type of L2Info your L2Walker uses: L2Info.DAT, or L2InfoA.DAT L2InfoB.DAT. Always check the selection of the other chronic.

87085902.jpg

Now click on the File menu and then click Open & Read.

79415984.jpg

Go to your L2Walker directory, and select the L2Info and click Open. Wait for it takes some time for the L2Info.DAT is decrypted.

NOTE: The file name can be L2Info, or L2InfoA L2InfoB.

Also remember to back up the original L2Info.DAT !!!

After the L2Info.DAT loads, the screen looks like the image below. Note that the program has tabs that separate editions Items, NPC, Skills among others. Following our example, we use the Items tab to add the item that I captured earlier by the L2 File Edit.

57272824.jpg

Go down the scroll bar to the bottom and then click on +, so we can insert a new row. Now follow the image below what will be done later add the item to the Orelha de Coelho:

51141386.jpg

1: Double click the first frame and place the item ID. In my case I add the ID that is 19129.

2: Double click and set the item name. In my case put Orelha de Coelho.

3: Double click and add the item description. In my case I put: "A tiara of rabbit ear for embellishment during Easter."

4: Double click and set the weight of the item. In my case I placed 10th, but if you can not put 0.

Place all the remaining spaces with the value 0.

Pointing out that what we are doing is just identifying the item on L2Walker, we will not make a complete edition of each item.

See the image as the line was already edited:

55241119.jpg

Click Save As... and select a directory to save the file. Do not choose the L2Walker folder because it may generate error when saving. Wait for it to compile the file, and close the program.

Once saved, copy the file that you edited L2Info.DAT, and place inside your L2Walker folder. LOGIN Ask the server, and now see the L2Walker recognizes the item that you added to L2Info.DAT.

As an example, see the images below to compare what I did with editing the L2Info.DAT I used for the guide:

Before you edit the L2InfoB.DAT:

27746808.jpg

After editing the L2InfoB.DAT:

61683473.jpg

And remember: you can make multiple editions, both in items and in NPC's Skills, Weapons and Armors.

Remember not to duplicate ID's because the program will compile with errors.

NOTE: If the L2 Info to open the Edit, you encounter some of the mistakes below, browse to the folder of L2 Info Edit and delete the file: L2info edit.ini, and run the program again!

wrwwr.jpg

Delete the file relating to the image below:

xzcc.jpg

Getting close, I hope it will be useful for you.

Credits: MasterWalker  8)

my program l2info edit get error whe i  start.why?

See the image below the part circled in red. On your computer, delete the file relating to the image, start the program again and see if the error disappears.

xzcc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Can  open  read   L2InfoB.DAT(en)   L2InfoB.DAT(kr).

Can't  open read   L2InfoB.DAT(cn)   L2InfoB.DAT(tw)  please help

If you said the program did not want to open the files of the DAT's system, I even accept, the more say he does not carry the L2InfoB.DAT is too much.

i can't open itemname-e file edit gives me an error whatever i try : c:\......\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\temp\itemname-e.txt. le fichier spécifié est introuvable.

Someone can help me please ? after 4 hours of trying differents ways and various file edit programs and L2encdec, i'm going crazy ^^.

Thx in advance for your help

i can't open itemname-e file edit gives me an error whatever i try : c:\......\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\temp\itemname-e.txt. le fichier spécifié est introuvable.

Someone can help me please ? after 4 hours of trying differents ways and various file edit programs and L2encdec, i'm going crazy ^^.

Thx in advance for your help

This is why the L2File Edit is not recognizing your itemname-e.DAT . Upload the itemname-e.DAT THIS site and put the link so I can download and open it for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e02j8ukkfa25u0o

here it is and thx a lot in advance.

See you

The problem was occurring, is that the system you are using is in the locked files, where it is necessary to patch the system to release the editing of files.

Click HERE and download the itemname-e.data already running on the Notepad, you simply make the search for the item you need to add L2Info.DAT.