[Discussion]Mage, Balance Druid or Shadow Priest?

Druid, Mage or Shadow Priest?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Druid, Mage or Shadow Priest?

• Balance Druid
    • Arcane Mage
    • Fire Mage
    • Frost Mage
    • Shadow Priest

Hello,

I recently decided to reroll a Caster Class. I have an 80 paladin,dk and a rogue. I don't like the warlock idea or the dots and the pets and all that stuff. I also dont like the elemental shaman spec idea with the element stuff (i just dont like it).

So I am between a Mage (of all specs) a Balance Druid and a Shadow Priest (the other 2 specs of each class arent casters :P). I know that now on WOTLK the best spec for raiding (I am only interested on PvE because I have my rogue for PvP) is arcane. But, in a few months Cataclysm will release and I am constantly reading the talent specs and I have concluded that the arcane spec is still the best spec. On the other hand, right now balance druids and shadow priests are FREAKIN OP on PvE. They pull off 11 or even 13k dps and NEVER find theirselves OOM.The other thing I have discovered is that Balance druids and shadow priests pull off A LOT more crits than a Mage and he obviously has a lot more dps than a Mage. To conclude, I am asking those 4 answers below:

All the questions are for PvE

1.Right now on WOTLK what do you suggest me to make?

2.When Cataclysm releases what will be better and more efficient between the 2 classes (Shadow Priest or Druid)?

3.What can a mage do reach the balance druid's and the priest's damage on WOTLK and Cataclysm?

4.What do you suggest me from the those 3 classes to make in order to replace my RetPaladin on PvE?? (i don't play my dk. I have full Wrathful gear on the rogue and I am only playing with my RetPaladin on PvE). <- PLEASE ANSWER QUESTION 4!!

Please read the paragraph above and then vote on the poll. Thanks in advance. :D

Yours Sincerely,

Megasus

Hello Megasus

1st of all the top pve dpser is rogue  :o think a bit for pve-ing with rogue :D

then if you want a caster there are some facts :

1) shadow priest is more or less like a lock his dps is dot-like style (imba pvper) (not so good pve dps) never seen a priest over 6th place on recount at boss fights

2) Balance druid has nice burst dmg and very high aoe dps (good for trash mobs) never seen a druid over 4th place on recount at boss fights

3) mage : a) frost is out of question in pve ... its pure pvp

b) fire is good (more aoe and a bit dots)

c) arcane is better ! (not good aoe) you need to learn mana managment for not being oom all the time cause arcane is a

very high mana-consuming spec also a very boring 2 skill rotation ^_^

so.... the choise is yours i suggest arcane mage for WOTLK

i think mage is better dpser than a shadow priest and same dps as a balance druid ,druid is only higher on adds...

Now for Cataclysm

we can't say from now what will be better since nothing is sure yet you never know what change they will do last moment :D

1 major problem with cataclysm talents is that you can't create a pure pve spec in any class... you have to waste 2-3 points on pvp talents =/

Balance druid talents seems very pvp and i don't suggest for pve :S

shadow priest will have shadow orbs adding some extra dps on his rotation

mage will have orbs too... fire seems cooler than arcane since they change the way arcane missiless fanction

Also I have a feeling that locks and palas will kick some serious ass on cataclysm in pve as demonology and retribution !!!

i just did some editing so conseder reading my post 2 times :P

Soto,

To begin with, I want to thank you for your intrest. First of all, I absolutely HATE PvE rogue. He is the most boring class on raiding(in my opinion). I am always first on raids but still, when I play, I wana have fun not being bored to death.

I know shadow priest is pretty much like an Affliction-Destruction Warlock but I played on my friend 80 Priest and I liked him a lot. Also, I saw a shadow priest yesterday that AMAZED me so much which I would call that shadow priest PURE PRO. I did a pug with 3 friends of mine on ICC25. I usually have 8-9k dps on ICC25. We managed to kill Sindragosa but there was only 1 shadow priest on the raid. That shadow priest never went on 2nd place. She was constantly on 1st place with 14k dps and 20 milion more damage than the 2nd(hunter). She had full ICC gear but NOT ICC Heroic.

Secondly, i did try the arcane mage on my friends character and i didn't like him at all with having the only choice of the "spaming" rotation. Furthermore, i saw some tactics of the druid and his advantages and drawbacks and of course all the cataclysm changes but he didn't give me the feeling of wanting to try him out  :-\.

Nevertheless, I agree with you that nothing is sure about cataclysm but we do get the main idea what is going to happen. Mage is being extremely nerfed on frost. Druid is starting to become a pvp class. Priest is getting OP on PvE more and even more IMBA on PvP. And all the other melee classes are getting boosted except the enhancement shaman :D. Antoher thing that I totally agree with you is that retribution is going to be extremely OP but I think warlock isn't going to be that FANTASTIC.

All in all, I think I am going to reroll an Undead Shadow Priest(pretty epic hah? :P) and just check him out on 80 and 85. I believe that priest is a very good dpsing class and can be one of the best i you know how to use him right. And he is awesomely cool with the shadow undead form :o.

Ok lets grab some Heirlooms and off with XP.

Feel free to suggest me any other drawbacks or disadvantages on those classes. :)

Yours Sincerely,

Megasus

Roll a Warlock....i doubt you ll ever be 2nd on pve/pvp when you recount :P and yeah Warlock is a caster and of course way better and most wanted than a non holy priest :D

i see that you already chose your class (S.Priest) but locks worth the try...

Roll a Warlock....i doubt you ll ever be 2nd on pve/pvp when you recount :P and yeah Warlock is a caster and of course way better and most wanted than a non holy priest :D

i see that you already chose your class (S.Priest) but locks worth the try...

I agree with you that good and cool but, I dont like him...i dont like having a pet and i dont like his rotation atm. He is just not for me.