[Discussion] pro/contra current lineage2 forks

So i opened this discussion because theres a lot to talk about in this subject that many ppl dont know yet or know just dont talk about.

Subject is pro contra give a valid description about the current l2j forks by these forks i mean the currently alive FREE forks(dont talk about payed ones please).

please stick to the topic title and give positive and negative reasons for any free fork you like.

L2JBrasil

I've been continuously telling that it doesn't deserve the "J" at the name.

1) Very bad coding

2) Imature developers who have zero knowledge on what they are attempting to do

3) DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRTY Core, even dirtier than the junk bin under my house. As kuba90 pointed out once, they have even the same methods twice in their core!

Sorry i forget to write this maybe now the point of the topic will be clear...

When every current fork will be described pro contra i will make a list with positive negative sides of each current pack so ppl will have an easy way to pick what pack to use.

L2JBrasil

I've been continuously telling that it doesn't deserve the "J" at the name.

1) Very bad coding

2) Imature developers who have zero knowledge on what they are attempting to do

3) DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRTY Core, even dirtier than the junk bin under my house. As kuba90 pointed out once, they have even the same methods twice in their core!

Beeping noob.You are always making this fucking useless comments about our pack.

If you don't like it , don't even post again.

Sorry i forget to write this maybe now the point of the topic will be clear...

When every current fork will be described pro contra i will make a list with positive negative sides of each current pack so ppl will have an easy way to pick what pack to use.

that's a very smart topic.Gj.

Beeping noob.You are always making this -beep-ing useless comments about our pack.

If you don't like it , don't even post again.

that's a very smart topic.Gj.

sorry but i have the same opinion about brazil guma even c/ped to the pack codes that dont work just used to troll vips here for karma :)

lol who would use a pack named l2jbrasil anyway? :P

please stick to the subject pro/contra or as we can see above only contra or only pro just stick to this :)

but against a topic l2jbrasil

another project on which to speak?

L2JTeon?

L2JEclipse project or a dead time fans?

L2J Server or L2jFree where hackers are just the beginning?

L2JEqual seems to work again

DevilMyCry but adds custom config but and but and but custom config etc. ..

l2jbrasil is based l2jserver

if the code is dirty l2jbrasil, l2jserver also .

was not changed anything in the code only a few implementations

so that the project still exists only in the event as TVT jserver

remains the same code.

the problem is that simply like to speak ill

but every project has a good side and a bad

did not like?

Make your own Projeto then.

but against a topic l2jbrasil

another project on which to speak?

L2JTeon?

L2JEclipse project or a dead time fans?

L2J Server or L2jFree where hackers are just the beginning?

L2JEqual seems to work again

DevilMyCry but adds custom config but and but and but custom config etc. ..

l2jbrasil is based l2jserver

if the code is dirty l2jbrasil, l2jserver also .

was not changed anything in the code only a few implementations

so that the project still exists only in the event as TVT jserver

remains the same code.

the problem is that simply like to speak ill

but every project has a good side and a bad

did not like?

Make your own Projeto then.

who said we talk only about interlude?

look i tell you the fact about your fork and all the other interlude fork.

Unless all of you start to learn serious coding and form a decent team you guys will NOT going to make a stable pack...why?because every fork is just a bunch of c/p you guys dont have your own stuff.

And we all know every project have a good and bad side thats why the topic title is like that and leads to another big problem...ego.

You take it as a threat when someone says the REASONS why eg your project is bad instead of listen to it work on it fix it.

@Intrepid

know you're not only talking interlude

but if to speak

choose a project stopped, an asset or a paid

where other project interlude alive?

I do not have five years of experience in java or L2J

I only have one, I'm just beginning.

that is to say that I,

you guys will see this project per five years or more.

L2Open.

Pros:

-many features

-good devs

Cons:

-many features work totally custom

-some code is written really bad causing errors/crashes

Can't remember more now, it's late. :P

depends which l2open we talk about? :)

the emu based g.final or l2j based epilogue?

Well the only fork I tested very intensive is the one from l2jfree and im giving now my opinions about their latest gracia final release:

pros:

- very good worked out code (and a lot of their code is not "only" from l2j so I wouldnt nearly call it "only" a fork) what makes their release really stable and efficient

- very nice features which give the user the possibility of some creative freedom

- very good skill-files (they did and are still doing great work on them - mentioning especially their GSR (General Skill Revision) here

cons:

- a few skills are not retail-like (not many, only 2,3,4 I would say)

- lack of active developers BUT the ones who are there are very good at what they do (you could say quality instead of quantity^^)

- lack of active users who contribute to the project instead of only leeching and crying about nonsense

Well the only fork I tested very intensive is the one from l2jfree and im giving now my opinions about their latest gracia final release:

pros:

- very good worked out code (and a lot of their code is not "only" from l2j so I wouldnt nearly call it "only" a fork) what makes their release really stable and efficient

- very nice features which give the user the possibility of some creative freedom

- very good skill-files (they did and are still doing great work on them - mentioning especially their GSR (General Skill Revision) here

cons:

- a few skills are not retail-like (not many, only 2,3,4 I would say)

- lack of active developers BUT the ones who are there are very good at what they do (you could say quality instead of quantity^^)

- lack of active users who contribute to the project instead of only leeching and crying about nonsense

About your pros i completely agree but a little side note GSR = sync with l2j i checked it its the values of l2j in 95% :)

About the cons i would add as my biggest con against them...lack of user friendly workaround.

By that i mean maven NB4L1 once told me l2j need maven because it needs a huge repository which is bad stored in the svn like with an l2j. But than i checked the l2jfree repo and its over 40mb while my relatively big repo with a commons,commons-io,commons-collections,commons-logging,JDOM and some more library dont reach 20mb.

Also as a big con i would say the lack of support and 2 different forums(which should be merged) i would not mention the activity as con because for example NB4L1, savormix and psycho > 10 l2j guy.

About your pros i completely agree but a little side note GSR = sync with l2j i checked it its the values of l2j in 95% :)

About the cons i would add as my biggest con against them...lack of user friendly workaround.

By that i mean maven NB4L1 once told me l2j need maven because it needs a huge repository which is bad stored in the svn like with an l2j. But than i checked the l2jfree repo and its over 40mb while my relatively big repo with a commons,commons-io,commons-collections,commons-logging,JDOM and some more library dont reach 20mb.

Also as a big con i would say the lack of support and 2 different forums(which should be merged) i would not mention the activity as con because for example NB4L1, savormix and psycho > 10 l2j guy.

Oh well I thought they did the GSR based only on their retail experiences.^^

Wasnt maven the idea of evil?

Yeah I dont know why they opened another forum too because everything can be handled easily in one forum too.. The other forum was designed for the users but isnt the "normal" forum for the users too? Because it wasnt ever changed to only dev or something.

Of course the devs who are still rareley active are GREAT at what they do (thats what I ment with quality instead of quantity) and I would never say something different but still they need a few more devs to implement stuff they cant atm because they are busy with other things (they got their own private servers as well) too. But this way you can take this project as a base and code a bit yourself and create the best project out of it.