[help][eng] Your protocol version is different, please continue?

Ramzah

Question

Ok, this is the error i'm getting when i try to log into my CT2.3 server, i'm pretty sure i followed all the steps to make a server correctly, in fact i even used a software called l2hint to check if my server was online and working, and it said both my login and gameserver are online, i open my client (modified hosts wouldn't work, i had to change my l2.ini file) and i get to the server select screen, but once i click confirm on it an error pops out in the bottom of the window saying: Your protocol version is different, please continue. And i just can't do anything else...

I've set my protocol version from 1 to 999 in the server settings so i wonder why it still won't let me log in, help please?

Thanks

9 answers to this question

you need to edit GameClient.java in your java source

Where is that file located? in the server folder or in the client folder? could you provide me with a path to the file and where to modify it? thanks.

you can't change in ct2.3 protocol version from 1 to 999, change back....

Maybe you using other client? Not ct2.3, maybe ct2.4... If no, so change system, download other one and then change l2.ini

h4sin you should be banned, becouse you always writing to edit some java core files and always don't say what... Genius...

leave the protocol revision...and no dont even dare to touch the l2.ini

use update l2j ct2.4 and updated client(many times the protocol rev change on the fly)

I have updated my client to CT2.4 now for my l2j server... i'm not sure if it's 2.3 or 2.4 is there any way i can check that?

Also, i changed my hosts files but it won't let me try to connect to my server, it instead tryes to connect to the official server and i can't even edit the l2.ini file. What can i do?

Ok i sorta fixed the problem.... I'm on CT2.4 (gracia epilogue) with both client and server, the problem was due to not being able to connect because the hosts file can't read no-ip.org adress, so changing that to your real ip solves the problem, thanks anyways.