[Request/help] Personal Tutorial for Gracia Epilogue Server?

pngchaves

Question

Hey everyone , first of all I would like to say that I'm new in server-creation, so I need a little push, someone with a certain expertise here on the subject that could teach me the way to become a good developer and all that. :)

Firstly, I don't understand the differences between 'projects'. For example, L2JServer and L2JFree.

Secondly, I don't know how to use the already compiled revision to make a Gracia Epilogue Server, since I don't even know what a revision is. I tried following a guide (''Compiling using Eclipse'' or something like that), but some parts didn't match the folders and files I downloaded on the latest L2JServer revision.

As far as I know, L2JServer is the best 'project', so I was wondering if someone could add me on msn, or something like that, to help me out creating my own server?

I'd appreciate it a lot!

Thanks!  :)

3 answers to this question

L2J:

Advantages:

- stability

- close to retail

- more organised...

Disadvantages:

- huge lack of features

- complex code structure

L2JFree:

Advantages:

- alot of features

- code a little more simple

Disadvantages

- stability issues

- old l2j branch(they should consider updating)

- maven

- almost no organisation..

First of all You must to read some tutorials, You can't learn java like "I want to learn java" You need to inquire about java, to read some books, tutorials on internet ...

Yes I know, I will try to get myself informed, but I would like to get kinda personal with someone here on the forum... an expert like you, I suppose...If possible, though, could anyone give me their MSN or something? It would be much easier...

Thanks!