Little question about MS Windows server choice

~Greedy~

Question

is it matter which MS Windows server relase i use (2003, or i can use 2008 to?) to build l2off server :P cuz i have at home licensed MS windows 2008 but in net i cant wind 2003 like every one suggest

11 answers to this question

Don't use 2008, i tried and it sucks xD, i recommend you Windows Server 2003 x64 R2 Enterprise, i could give my license key, but warez and serial sharing on MxC i think is not alowed. I had realy bad experiences with windows server 2008, so i don't recommend you using it, but anyway its your decision about what to do.

And that is not all, you know Windows Vista Right ? It eats resources like hell, so think about a windows vista in server version and you will have windows server 2008 :P

i start to regret that i bought from Microsoft server 2008 not 2003 -.- anyway yeah i know Vista :D once i installed it on my pc and after 10 minutes uninstalled :D thanks for advice :)

I dont know why do you have probs with Vista,Windows2008, for me its the best OS atm(vista for my Home Pc), and Windows 2008 is fking fast!!!!

Easy, i got both os Vista Home x64 and Win 7 x64 Ultimate, Vista without load eats 2,2 GB of ram and Win 7 takes about 900 MB without load, now you understand why ?  :D. And server 2008 has many issues when working with l2server, it crashes a lot, on win server 2003 i dont have that problem :) .