[HELP] L2 Installation

Max25X

Question

Hi,

not sure if this is the correct place but I guess developers should know a lot...  :)

I have finnaly menaged to convince my gf to start playing l2.  Only problem is that we  only have 1 pc at home so we had to use a laptop from work.  On this computer you need admin rights to install a program (which I don't have)  I tried installing the game on an external drive but this didn't work either...

Anyone has a good idea how I might get this working??

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Well, you need to install SQL Leval at your PC, and just connect it with authd etc. that you have at other one pc. I never did it, but i think, its pretty easy .

I can't install any programs on the second.  I think the only way i can get this working is using the external hdd.  But whenever I try loading l2 from that drive I get an internal protection error.

I guess I need to copy something else from my first pc but I have no clue what that might be (maybe some kind of entry in the registry????)

Btw: ME  ====> complete computer literate...

Well, my idea is that, you need to Reintall Windows, install sql leval, server, and also set your ip from, whatmyip.com , then run from secound one pc .

It should works.

I am actually more interested to know if there is a way to install l2 on the external drive.  Not just to use on these 2 computers but so that I can use it on my matter what pc.

I have installed the game on the external drive while connected to the first pc and I have succeeded in running it from that pc.

But when I connect the external drive to the second pc and try running L2, I get an internal protection error.