[Mini Guide] Restart Windows without restarting the Computer

Freyr

When you click on the SHUTDOWN button, make sure to simultaneous press SHIFT Button. If you hold the Shift key down while clicking on SHUTDOWN button, you computer would restart without restarting the Computer.

Have Fun.

I found this from my false,so credits go to my fingers :)

I can't see the difference. I wonder If I'm Doing smthing wrong. I press left shift then press shutdown then press shutdown again from the popup screen. Then released left shift. Did I do it the right way?

I can't see the difference. I wonder If I'm Doing smthing wrong. I press left shift then press shutdown then press shutdown again from the popup screen. Then released left shift. Did I do it the right way?

simultaneous press SHIFT Button

I think I didn't explain detailed enough. I hold the shift down all the way form the start. I released it when my computer starts to shut down.

Whats your pc's version and pack?Windows xp sp1,sp2,sp3? Windows vista sp1,sp2?

I test it in xp so maybe it works only for xp

lol nice trick.. but why does the normal restart exist when there is this restart? it must have something more...

Yea thats true.This restart close programms which you dont need.But some of your memmory working...Folow my guide to clean your memory and it's like you do a normal restart ;)