[Guide-Backgrounds]Explaination / Making of / kinds / tips / tricks !

sτrίkε-

Well i saw TheEnd's request and i want t make a guide about backgrounds.

The guide includes the following.

• Explaination
  • Kinds
  • Tips
  • Tricks

~Explaination

Backgrounds is one of the most important things into a signature / photo / avatar.

You must and you have to combine it with your render or text or w/e.

First of all you can use a stock image for this(background).If you know some things about photoshop you can easilly or with a lot of patience make a good image for your background.Backgrounds also can become a brush editable thing.

With a lot of brushing you can "kill" some things which seems bad to the whole picture.

I know some guys saying now that you can "kill" 'em with pen tool / eraser / crop or w/e can delete something.

The brush will make your picture more colorizing and more stronger.

~Kinds

There is many kinds of background and day by day a good gfx designer can find a new style.

Here we Learn the famous backgrounds.

Stock Image

As i said it before (to explaination part) we can use a stock image for a background. Stock images are ready photo of our life, of our imagination, of video games and and and...

A good example is this photo :

2zfjs6a.jpg

Is a video game photo (Half Life).

Smudged Render Background

This kind of backgrounds is most famous into signatures. You place again and again your render, then you will take smudge tool and smudge all these renders until you take something which you like.

Example : 2yuy7ix.png

With a lot of tricks we will make it better. Read the kinds and then you will see how to make smudged background better. (*)

C4Ds Background

C4D (Cinema 4D) renders is abstract shapes with lightings, colors etc.

Usually C4D is placed to signatures and especially signatures with an action render.

MxC Have many C4D shared you can find it easy.

Also a good site for Renders and C4Ds is Planet Renders

Look tricks place for how to combine them with your background and with your render.

~Tips

We can start with the kinds of backgrounds. I can give you a lot of tips but not all.

Your imagination have more and more from me.

Design is not a job which you can learn it, the only thing which you can learn is to use programs and make good things.All the others based on your Imagination.

Let's Start.

When you starting to make a background sometimes you want something fastly and the result being bad.

Start with your render (to signatures) or with the person / animal / house / what ever (to photos).

Let's see what colors have our "actor".

When you have starting to imagine what result you want you must now think about your kind of background.

If you take a stock image you must place it under the render.

Smudged background can be up t render but you must have erasing the place which is placed your render.

C4Ds always go under the render.

Dont try to make Godness things.Think simple.

~Tricks

That's the only part of guide which i like.

I'll discuss for the kinds of backgrounds and I tell you some of tricks.

Stock Images :

stock images are ready images which can be a strong background for your picture.

You can edit it with a lot of ways.

Hue/Saturation Adjustment is a adjustment which you can easilly change the color of your stock.

Click the colorize button when you have activate Hue/Saturation Window.

13yneq0.jpg

Also the brush tool make a good work with a stoke image, but dont try to make godness things

i mean dont try to combine with more and more effects difference colors or w/e.

You Can give a lot of styles to your renders and also you will take a good result.

Smudged Background :

I Let a * before and now I'll explain you some tricks about smudged backgrounds.

You have to place a lot of your renders and then you must take smudge tool and smudging all renders until you get something good.

I gave you an example and the example is :

2yuy7ix.png

You can easy edit it with brush tool.

You can add what ever you want, i'm starting to brush a lot with good brush shapes and colors

the next example become :

21erbwy.png

i think is good. :)

C4D Background :

I said before that i explain how to combine them with our background and with render.

the 1st thing is again Hue/Saturation look at stock images place.

Then 2nd thing is the Blending Options :

8xlwfr.jpg

many of option will give you a good combination to your render or to your background.

try them all and play with these effects.

Now I'll tell you a trick which we used it before to smudged backgrounds.

You can smudge some place of you C4D which you want it more combinating with your background.

the most of my new signatures' combination bases into smudging with a lot of smudging effects.

You Must play with all of these until you get something good.

Note: Always make copies when you will make something which you arent so sure.

Whole Pictures and Backgrounds(Stocks, Singature, etc) :

Some adjustments is good effects to make your signature more stronger about colors and lightings.

The best adjustments for me are Vibrance and Photo Filter.

Vibrance adjustment give you the following options:  Vibrance And Saturation.

You should play with these options until you get something good.

Photo Filter is a adjusment which gave to your image a whole color with softs effects.

You can select any color and make what ever you want.

Big Note: Vibrance and Photo Filter adjustment is better to use it at finally of your image not at the starting.

Finally Gradient Maps.

Gradient Maps is a adjustment which give a color to your signature. (not soft as photo filter)

If you signature looks a lot fade you can easilly with gradient maps give it a strong color result.

play with blending options, opacity and fill

~End

All these things is mine.

DONT RIP PLZ.

TheEnd Your Request I Think You Helped :)

i do think this guide is inadequant, since i mentioned in theend's topic there are many ways in creating backrounds but adding stocks and smudging them is one of the most well known way and i think it's a start everyone should use ;)

good job pal ;D

Well,as I am working one year with Photoshop and I've explored so many ways to make a background(as all of you have done)I will say the following:

*This guide has too many typos

*You don't really explain how to make a good background

*Making a cool background is relative.Backgrounds are made by the render.The render is what you will have to select first and then start making your background!

*In my opinion the things that I've mentioned were the ones that you should mention on your guide and not ways to make a background.Show them how and their fantasy will do wonders!

I really appreciate your time and I can say that this guide is pretty good but only for really low level photoshop users!

Regards,MD

Just to avoid the miss-understandings!This guide is really awesome for low level ps users!Explaining,well-made and helpful!But you gotta know that my last post was not to make you believe that i don't like it!Just some suggestions to the newbies!

+1 Karma by me for this work...

i cant say anything , results will takl themselves ,

Thanks for this Strike

Thanks strike!!! It helped me....

I would give you karma if revenger wasnt so fast xD

Anyway i will try some edits now :P

• 2 months later...