To Maxtor and moderators

spiroslouis

I have a idea to suggest because of the big problem of SPAMING in mxc.Is no very nice to see everywhere spamers.

I suggest to maxtor and moderators: If a topic replyied after 1 month from the last replyes which were before 1 month that says that the topic may lock.what i mean:

-new topic(1 october)-topic runs and can have replies.

-reply from member that means if none reply until 1 month lock.(reply on 2 october)-topic must be locked on 2 november

-reply from member that means the topic updated.(reply on 3 october)-topic will be locked on 3 november.

-none post until 3 november so the topic will be locked.

If a topic don't lock from a mistake or because they forget it the replier must have warning and topic locked immediately.

this is a rule suitable for mxc because of his big spaming mode which is ON.

yes i think is because there other going and says thnx ty etc.You look the guide/share etc you do it why to spam and say ty.Other shares have dead links and they are say ty and the link is dead

yes i think is because there other going and says thnx ty etc.You look the guide/share etc you do it why to spam and say ty.Other shares have dead links and they are say ty and the link is dead

Still, we can't lock it. :)

There might be someone that want's to ask something according to the thread.

Dead links will be locked, that's for sure.

Anyway, your suggestion shows that you want to help this forum and we really appreciate that.

But , we have a specific method right now and we can't follow yours, cause it would ruin all topics.

You know why? Because, we would end up with 1000 locked threads.

So, any question is acceptable, but please, watch your typing.

What about not allowing new members to post until 2-3 days pass? This will discourage spammers, that register just to post in every single thread to raise their post count.

That's a good idea actually. 1 day and a couple of hours would be good imho.

Because these ideas are good for us, it doesn't mean that SMF supports them >.>

Actually I've seen that in the past, and yes it supports it. :)

In a warez forum (based on SMF of course) , you couldn't post a request topic , unless 3 days had passed since you joined.

Anyway, we are just discussing here, never said that we will make those things true.

I was talking about this.

Spiros never talked about putting custom SMF mods for that.

He said that we should add a new rule for the 1 month old topics.

Anyway, if you don't have anything else to suggest, I'll proly lock it.

1) Put the modify button back for ever

2) Put the 60 seconds delay (A guy yesterday made 202 posts from morning till afternoon).

1) Put the modify button back for ever

2) Put the 60 seconds delay (A guy yesterday made 202 posts from morning till afternoon).

1)Yeah, it should definitely stay for a period of one month since the topic was made.

2) Will you believe me if a tell you that I didn't notice that maxtor removed that?

Anyway, I think that he removed it cause moderators had problems with the redirections.

1)Yeah, it should definitely stay for a period of one month since the topic was made.

2) Will you believe me if a tell you that I didn't notice that maxtor removed that?

Anyway, I think that he removed it cause moderators had problems with the redirections.

1) -

2) He didnt remove that but he turned the delay into 20 seconds instead of 60...

3) Remove the delay from personal messages rofl...

4) Add a little delay/no delay at platinums/donator's posts. They dont need post count to see topics, so they will not need to spam..

i say this because.ok i reply other members reply too but ok we solve all our questions and then the topic loosing in the millions of topics and from the new that they created every day.after 1 month a member if try to find the topic it will take and ours to find it.That is the reason and that the forum don't going on but stay same and same and in the end is boring.

So i think is a good idea and i want and maxtors reply here

I don't know what functions SMF forums support, since I've never created one or even bother learning, but I've seen a vBulletin forum doing that. Dunno if I'm allowed to say which forum it is, but I don't think that it matters...