[Help]Dedicated Server

Statique

Question

Hello MaxCheaters community,

I am thinking on renting a dedicated server for a lineage 2 Java server but I don't know where to look.

I thinking for about 50-100 players for a start and then we'll see. For 50-100 players where do you suggest me to look and how much is going to cost me? If it's possible to be cheap cause I making the server alone.

Here is a dedicated server I found randomly, how many players you think I can hold with this:

Processor  	Intel Celeron D/215/220
Frequency 	1.20+ GHz
Platform 	32/64 bits
Hard Disk 	500 GB
Memory	2 GB
Fixed IP 	1+1
Guaranteed Bandwidth 	10 Mbps
Monthly traffic	Unlimited

I don't think is good however I need you're opinion.

Only 2GB Ram?Min 4GB ..

Celeron??Lol Again

10Mmps Super LoLen

25Players

ohh... come on...

Processor   Intel Celeron D/215/220

Frequency 1.20+ GHz

Platform 32/64 bits

Hard Disk 500 GB

Memory 2 GB

Fixed IP 1+1

Guaranteed Bandwidth 10 Mbps

Monthly traffic Unlimited

this cant hold 50 ppl?!?!? seems you dont know anything...

I had a friend that was holding his server on his home pc for a while till he get a dedi... it had 1 GB ram and running on vista. It was able to hold ~40 players with almost no lag. And stop telling him that his CPU sux... CPU aint that important as RAM is...

# Interval (in miliseconds) in which the knownlist does full updates.

# For move based updates its used for intermediate updates.

# WARNING!

# Useful interval is between 300 - 2000. Too small value may kill your CPU, too high value may not update knownlists properly. The default value is chosen experimentally.

# Default: 1250

KnownListUpdateInterval = 1250

set this to 2000, it will decrease the CPU usage by A LOT! Who cares that a player has to w8 a bit more to get his knownlist updated.

Another friend, had his server under computer that none used it, just the server there(the machine was located in an internet cafe, so the net was pretty good)... had 1GB ram aswell, running on windows server 2003... last time, before he got dedi, my friends that were playing it told me that there were ~50.

Im not sure about the lag on 50 online, but they didnt complained 'bout lag there, so i think since machine in use running on vista can hald ~40 players with low amount of lag, this could've hold atleast 60 with no lag...

So summary... with good net connection you can hold ~100 ppl w/o lag under that machine

If you still dont think this can support 100 ppl, go ask some of the l2j devs, to be sore bout that

ohh... come on...this cant hold 50 ppl?!?!? seems you dont know anything...

I had a friend that was holding his server on his home pc for a while till he get a dedi... it had 1 GB ram and running on vista. It was able to hold ~40 players with almost no lag. And stop telling him that his CPU sux... CPU aint that important as RAM is...set this to 2000, it will decrease the CPU usage by A LOT! Who cares that a player has to w8 a bit more to get his knownlist updated.

Another friend, had his server under computer that none used it, just the server there(the machine was located in an internet cafe, so the net was pretty good)... had 1GB ram aswell, running on windows server 2003... last time, before he got dedi, my friends that were playing it told me that there were ~50.

Im not sure about the lag on 50 online, but they didnt complained 'bout lag there, so i think since machine in use running on vista can hald ~40 players with low amount of lag, this could've hold atleast 60 with no lag...

So summary... with good net connection you can hold ~100 ppl w/o lag under that machine

If you still dont think this can support 100 ppl, go ask some of the l2j devs, to be sore bout that

What about this? how many can hold?

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz

* 250 GB Hard Drive

* 3 GB RAM

* 1 IP Address

* 5 TB Bandwidth

* 100 Mbps uplink port

* Free Setup

What about this? how many can hold?

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz

* 250 GB Hard Drive

* 3 GB RAM