[Tutorial]Signature tutorial by MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster

.:Signature tutorial by MasterDisaster:.

Hello there,This is MasterDisaster and today i will show you how i make my signatures.There are many ways to create a signature.The one that i will show you it's pretty easy.After 3 months of hard work with Photoshop i developed my own style of creating and i think that my skillz are really improved so i wanted to thank the people that helped me.

First of all a big thanks to Blane who made a guide.From his guide i learned that there is no way to make a good signature if you don't smudge,play with modes and the opacity.Another person that i would like to thank is SeeYa*.His guide improved my skills by 80%!I learned to play with the opacity and the modes much better and the most important,I learned how to apply good effects and make nice borders that fits with the whole signature.And the last man that i am going to thank is Tstorm who showed me a guide that made my skillz much better!Oh,I forgot SirKuo*/Leontwo.He showed me the best site for PS that i have ever seen.I know that you may got bored but i promise that you ain't gonna design like a noob once you will read my tutorial.Finally i would like to make clear that signatures will be like this:

x38hep.jpg

Well enough with the words,let's get it on!

.:Making a background:.

Open photoshop and go File/New.Then a window will come up.I will use 400x150 but feel free to use any other size you want to.BTW don't make it too big or too small!If you feel confused then fill the setting like i do  Here!!

Ok now grab the "Paint bucket tool" and feel the background with black!

Then go File/Place and place a C4D.If you don't have any C4D's then take a look Here!!

Once you place it move it in the proper place smudge it a bit with your favourite settings,Remember that we want a C4D that is smudged that can be seen.Once you will finish you will probably get something like this:

v8lxlv.jpg

Now place 2 C4D's and put them on darker color mode!You have smth like this now don't you:

v8lxlv.jpg

Now place 4 more C4D's and  put leave them on normal mode,in this way you gonna get a confusing background which is going to be blended very nice ;).Once u will place you will probably get smth like this:

ws1q8y.jpg

Now add 3 more C4D's on darker color(don't worry we are done with C4D's xD)You will get smth really close to this:

miyo76.jpg

.:Placing and editing our render:.

Now it's time to place our render.If don't have any renders then click Meh!!Anyway duplicate your render once!Then hide the duplicated and smudge the first one!Once u are done with smudge unhide the duplicated render and double click on it!Then a new window will come up.Give it an outer glow effect!

2rhwor7.jpg

.:Applying cool effects/adjustments:.

Make a new layer and brush on the edges!As i said before playing with opacity and modes is funny so put the layer on Exclusion mode and set the opacity to 40%.Then you gonna get smth like this:

Now make a new layer and apply your image.Then go File/Place and place a stock background.More colors=better result.Put the stock background on overlay mode.Put opacity to 40%.Then put duplicate your render and bring it to the top!

Then make a new layer and brush a bit.Then make a new layer again and go Layer/Create clipping mask.Move until u like it.

OK now make a new layer and fill it with black.Then put it on linear dodge.Once you do so take out a 200 pixels soft brush and brush where your lightning will shine.

Then make a new layer and apply the image.Use burn tool to make it darker where it needs to be and the dodge tool to make it lighter!

Ok here you must apply the image again and Filter/Sharpen/Sharpen and delete everything but your focal(Centre of the signature)!!Apply the image again and go use the sharpen or the blur tool.This time touch ur sig only a bit!

Now make a new layer and brush with a 200pixels soft and black brush only on the edges!

Now it's adjustments time.You can gradient maps,photofilters and color balance.

All depending on your signature of course!

First i applied a black and white gradient map and putted it to 50% opacity and Overlay mode.

Next i applied a photofilter yellow.

Then another one Underwater which i putted on Darker color mode and 80% opacity!

.:Adding our text:.

The text is one of the most important parts of the signature.A good effect on the text can do miracles.First of all you should know that our text should be simple and pretty.Not too much colorful and big.We don't want the text to be paid more attention than the rest of the sig.So put it somewhere near you render but not too close.Then add a simple font like Myriad Pro or Sell Your Soul.Put a size that it's a bit small.You can check my signatures to find out how i make my texts.

.:Adding borders:.

To add borders there are two ways.I'll show you both :D

Make a new layer and apply image.Then right-click on it and go "Blending Options".Down right it says "Stroke".Tick it and put the options like this:

2nbsoxz.jpg

Feel free to delete any part of the stroke.

NOTE:Feel free to change:

• Color of stroke
  • Pixels
  • Mode

.:Final Result:.

2r26ir8.jpg

.:Credits/BB:.

As i mentioned before,this guide is totally written by me.The pictures been taken on my pc and the signatures are totally made by me.Thx to all the guys for posting guides that learnt me some things(Seeya,blane,webmonster and everybody who had made a signature tutorial)!Thanks for reading my guide.I hope that i helped and that my guide will improve your skills :D

Thx for ur good words and thx for the karma CN.I will update it with video if i manage to capture it well :S!

Stay tuned  for more!

Well written and nice tutorial MD! Thx for sharing it! :)

Nopz.I think that many guyz will be helped from this...

Too much details . Too much things in this sig. Clear sigs are better imho. You have some english mistakes and some parts are not completely understandable.Altho it's a nice guide since the images do pretty much triple work than words . The effect of your signatures isn't bad but i do not like signatures containing to much details it makes it confusing to understand and .... whatever im getting confused.

Play hard go pro :P really good work mate, every day sigs are getting better =P

totally agree.

I remember masterdisaster's signatures. really aweful. Big texts, Simples, effects sucks... etc etc. In the past masterdisaster told me to make sigs for him.

But now he can own me easy ;) Really gratz m8.

Ontopic:

For sure you would take karma for this guide, but CN already did. :P

Really good guide and explainable. Thank you and keep practicing on photoshop! You got it! :P