The ultimate guide from installing Steam to playing games.

Bleik

Introduction

This guide will lead you through all downloading, installing and cracking stuff. All downloads in the guide will have direct links and will be updated. In the end, you will get a single Steam installation with games ready to play with both legit and blank account support.

Don't forget that you will have fewer options while following the guide. I will lead you to best solution I know, not the most popular.

Preparations

First be sure you don't have Steam installed. If you already have a Steam installation, move your "steamapps" folder to somewhere else and uninstall Steam.

After you are sure that you don't have Steam installed, download these, but don't install any of them:

Valve's Steam Installer: http://storefront.steampowered.com/download/SteamInstall.msi

RBPFC1's SMD: http://alicanc.890m.com/cs.rin.ru/SMD.v2.0.Final-RBPFC1.rar

Installing Steam

Open "SteamInstall.msi". After a little wait, you will see this window:

SteamInstall1.png

Click "Next" and now you will see this:

SteamInstall2.png

Before agreeing, you should know that Valve can close your account anytime they want. We want to play games so we will agree all agreements. Now click "I accept the license agreement..." and then "Next". Installer will now ask us our connection speed:

SteamInstall3.png

Choose the option that closest to your speed or keep it like that if you don't know your connection speed. After (not) choosing your connection speed, click "Next" to see a list of languages:

SteamInstall4.png

You may want to choose your mother tongue, but I'll continue in English so be sure you will understand the guide if you are going to change the language. Do what you prefer and click "Next" and prepare yourself for this:

SteamInstall5.png

We have the same situation here. I will continue like you installed Steam in "C:\Program Files\Steam\", but if you want to change it click "Browse" and choose a new directory to install. I recommend you not to. Now click "Install" and wait until you see this window:

SteamInstall6.png

It may look like you finished installing, but you're not! After you click "Finish" wait until you see this:

SteamInstall7.png

This means Steam is installed and it's updating itself. After the updating, you will see this:

SteamInstall8.png

Click "Create new account" to create a blank account. A blank account means an account without subscriptions (in other words without anything paid) in it. You will now see this useless page:

SteamInstall9.png

Click "Next" and continue. You will have to agree the "Steam Subscription Agreement":

SteamInstall10.png

We talked about agreements before, so just click "I Agree". You will now have to choose a username and a password:

SteamInstall11.png

Enter a username "Account Name" and a password in "Password" and "Retype password" then click "Next". In the next page, you will be asked for your e-mail address:

SteamInstall12.png

Enter a Milinator e-mail if you know what Mailinator is or just your e-mail address in "Contact email address" and "Confirm mail address". After that click "Next" and wait until this window disappears:

SteamInstall13.png

After steam stops "working", you will see this page::

SteamInstall14.png

Choose a question from "Secret question", enter an answer in "Answer" and click "Next". As Steam says, your account will now be created:

SteamInstall15.png

After the creation of your account, you will see details of your account:

SteamInstall16.png

Click "Next" to proceed to:

SteamInstall17.png

Now click "Finish" and wait until Steam connects to your account:

SteamInstall18.png

After the connection established and last updates are done, tou will see the main interface of Steam:

SteamInstall19.png

Now the installation is down so we can exit Steam and crack it:

SteamInstall20.png

Cracking Steam

Now we installed Steam and created a blank account. Before installing games, we should crack Steam so it will think that we own all games. To begin cracking you must first extract "SMD.v2.0.Final-RBPFC1.rar". After the extraction, open the folder you extracted files to. You will see these files in it:

SteamCrack1.png

Now (without closing the old window) open "C:\Program Files\Steam\". It should have most of the files listed here:

SteamCrack2.png

Now you will have two windows opened:

width=640 height=321http://alicanc.890m.com/cs.rin.ru/steaminstalltutorial/SteamCrack3.png[/img]

Simply select 3 files in the SMD folder and drag them to the Steam folder. Now you will have those files in the Steam folder:

SteamCrack4.png

The "Settings.ini" is already configured so we are not going to touch it. The "SMD.dll" is the patcher. Unlike other cracks, SMD doesn't patch the files, it patches the computer's memory. That means no modifications are made to the original files so you can update Steam or use it with your legit account any time you want. The "Start SMD.bat" and "Steam.exe" are the only files you need to switch between cracked and legit Steam. When you open "Start SMD.bat" cracked Steam will be launched and when you open "Steam.exe" legit Steam will be launched. Now open "Start SMD.bat" and you will see this:

SteamCrack5.png

Wait until Steam opens. Now you will see the main interface of Steam, again:

SteamCrack6.png

Now click to "My games" to see a list of games:

SteamCrack7.png

Notice anything? Yes, "it looks like" you own all games now. We have finished cracking Steam so you can close it now and start downloading some games.

Downloading Games For Steam

You can't download games from Steam like normal users, because Valve's servers will still know that you didn't buy the game. Don't worry, because you can still download games from here.

Before starting to download, you have to find the game you want. Don't forget that the game you want to download might not be available. To search a game easily, go to this address:

http://alicanc.890m.com/cs.rin.ru/search.html

You will see a simple search tool like this:

GameDownload1.png

Simply enter the game's name you want to download in the box. After clicking the button, you will be redirected back here and see your search results:

GameDownload2.png

If the game you want to download is not listed try your search again with less keywords. For example, if you searched "Half-Life 2: Episode Two", try searching "episode two". If you still can't find the game you want, you can request it here:

What? Wait! Where is the link? There isn't a link, because you CAN'T request:

We will upload games as good as our free time' date=' internet connection and game sources allow. It's only a matter of time and patience, we try our best to deliver all Steam games, so please do NOT ask for games, especially when they just got released![/quote']

In my example, we successfully found Call of Duty 4. In all SCS topics, there is a "Download Links" part like this:

GameDownload3.png

Simply choose a link you want and start to download. Don't forget that most of the games have more than one part and a password. So before posting a question, be sure that you have all parts and the right password.

Playing Games

To play the games you have downloaded, you have to place files in the "steamapps" folder which is located at "C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/". Open it and create a directory called "common" in it. Now it should look like this:

GamePlay1.png

There are 4 types of games:

1- GCF (Game Cache File):

GCF's are packages of files like .zip or .rar files. They contain files like binaries, sounds, models and textures that the game needs. Games that use GCF's are easy to install. When you download a game and see a GCF file in the package (for example: "counter-strike.gcf"), you should put it directly into "steamapps" folder:

GamePlay2.png

2- NCF (No Cache File):

NCF files are like GCF's, but they don't contain files. They only have a list of files that the game needs to run. When you download a NCF game, it should have a NCF file (for example: "call of duty 4 modern warfare content.ncf") and a "common folder" which must be placed in the folder you created. You should put NCF files in "steamapps" and common folder to "common":

width=640 height=167http://alicanc.890m.com/cs.rin.ru/steaminstalltutorial/GamePlay3.png[/img]

3- Mods for Half-Life:

Installing mods for Half-Life is a bit complicated. First be sure that you have Half-Life is installed and you launched it at least one time. After that you should see a new folder named same as your account name:

GamePlay4.png

You should put mod's directory in the "half-life" folder which is in your user folder:

GamePlay5.png

4- Mods for Half-Life 2:

When you have Steam installed, mod installers will automatically detect the path, but if you want to install a Half-Life 2 mod manually you should put the mod's directory in "SourceMods":

GamePlay6.png

After you install games or mods, you should restart Steam so they show up in the list:

GamePlay7.png

Troubleshooting

You can read [Tutorial] Cracked Steam Troubleshooting to solve problems you may encounter after the installation.

Credits:

All credits go to Teasser.I just found it and posted it here.

Awesome posts, I just have some objections :

1. Why didn't you post in the CS section :P It's Steam after all.

2. Isn't it illegal? Posting illegal stuff is against the rules...

Awesome posts, I just have some objections :

1. Why didn't you post in the CS section :P It's Steam after all.

2. Isn't it illegal? Posting illegal stuff is against the rules...

Unlike other cracks, SMD doesn't patch the files, it patches the computer's memory

You ain't doing something illegal.You are just changin the memory of the PC and get the games you want ;)!Anyway if it is, we are a "cheating forum" ain't we?!!If it is angaist the rules, then one g.mod delete it plz and soz!

About the CS section, I didn't post it there cause steam ain't only about CS, is about many games!

But if it is in the wrong section, plz someone who has the privilages, move it!Thanks!

Gj man

Btw i think that here is the write section or at tutorials guides i dont know xD.If someone mod see it

and he think that this thread is at wrong section i cant tell smth just move it :P

O-M-F-G

+1 karma insane ;)

great post and i suggest sticky as it helps you save a lot of money ;)

one question, you can play with all games on all servers?

First of all thanks for the karma!!

Secondly, with the games you will download you can play only in cracked servers :(..That's the bad thing :(

And about the warez thing, I know it may be warez but this is a cheating forum and this is a "cheat" so will help many people.If you think it should be deleted, then you can delete it.Thanks.

Nice guide insame.

What advantages stream has?

You mean..??

It's something like a community and store together.You can chat with friends and "activate" games that you have bough from a store like CS:S in (e.x Multirama) and then play them.But with this guide you just download the games and don't have to buy them.

You mean..??

It's something like a community and store together.You can chat with friends and "activate" games that you have bough from a store like CS:S in (e.x Multirama) and then play them.But with this guide you just download the games and don't have to buy them.

thx