PhotoShop Text Problem!!

NITROUS SYSTEM

Well yesterday i had this problem with my photoshop about inputing a Text!When i try to write something a message pops which says "Could Not Complete your Request because something prevented the text engine from being initialized!!

Any help would be appreciated!

According to:

I had the same problem running XP Pro with 2Gb of RAM. Here is how I fixed it.

First remove all of the fonts that were installed by Photoshop. These fonts will all bare the date that you installed PS. You can do this by simply dragging them out of your fonts folder (Windows) into another folder. Then (I did all of this w/o restarting PS) place some text in an image - everything should work fine. Next, copy all of the fonts back into the installed fonts directory. Select the text that you place previously and then click in the drop-down box that allows you to select the font. Keep pressing your down arrow to cycle through the fonts until you receive the error message again. When you get the error message you have discovered the problem font. Remove it from your fonts directory and you will be good to go.

a problematic font is the cause of this error.

another way is this...

be sure that you have unlock the image

then be again sure if your have transform something..

i had these errors many days ago and the problemis this which i reply

well stefoulis way didn't help me cause the fonts can't be copied!

Strike near the image(where the layers are shown) is a lock!does that mean the image is locked?

well stefoulis way didn't help me cause the fonts can't be copied!

Strike near the image(where the layers are shown) is a lock!does that mean the image is locked?

for some tools yeah..

when you create a layer the layer without edit become Locked...

with double click into the layer at right+down you can unlock it..

if you have lock image you cannot write,transform and others...

Ctrl New - > Open a New CLEAR document - > Try to intiallize the text engine with Time New Romans.

Post back.From the result I could know the problem and its solution.

PS: Check this out too : http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=331634&sliceId=1

-Blane

well tried as you said blane but it didn't help me!

created a new document and tried to write with Time New Romans,didn't help!

PS.The Link you gave me,it shows me an error connection! :S

go in adobe forum

so support for warez products :D

What about trying to re-install photoshop??

don't have the files...hoped to fix the prob.!

so support for warez products :D

don't have the files...hoped to fix the prob.!

Go to Mafia's007 forum and you will find photoshop...

Download it from here! Maybe that one that you have has a problem...

NS one question...

you have portable photoshop?

What's the difference if he has a portable version??

I have a lot of portable applications, including Photoshop CS3 and CS4 and they work 100%...

What's the difference if he has a portable version??

I have a lot of portable applications, including Photoshop CS3 and CS4 and they work 100%...

yes but many of these are crashed...

i have some errors from portable Photoshop as k4rm4arrows too