Returned to L2: Best project for interlude? CPU N100?

Hi everyone,

I have some free time again and I want to do a small personal project to carry it out.

I want to create an Interlude server but remastering the game with more current stuff that I will be programming, at least that is my intention. New skills, new PvE content, other objectives for the sieges, etc.

I have been reading here and in another well-known L2 forum and almost always they talk about L2jAcis, then they talk about L2jMobius and also Lucera. Which one do you think is better to use? I wanted it to be free, in case I can't finish the project in the end, so I would like the basic functioning of L2 to work as well as possible.

Another thing I don't understand is why there is so much talk about projects that are not finished or have too many bugs. Interlude is a very old chronicle, what else is there to update/fix after so many years?

Finally, I would like to start with a modest computer, with an N100 CPU and 16GB LPDRR5 just to host the server. 1/1gb fiber.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to share opinions, knowledge and help in this L2 community 😄

On 8/24/2024 at 5:06 PM, gripao said:

Hi everyone,

I have some free time again and I want to do a small personal project to carry it out.

I want to create an Interlude server but remastering the game with more current stuff that I will be programming, at least that is my intention. New skills, new PvE content, other objectives for the sieges, etc.

I have been reading here and in another well-known L2 forum and almost always they talk about L2jAcis, then they talk about L2jMobius and also Lucera. Which one do you think is better to use? I wanted it to be free, in case I can't finish the project in the end, so I would like the basic functioning of L2 to work as well as possible.

Another thing I don't understand is why there is so much talk about projects that are not finished or have too many bugs. Interlude is a very old chronicle, what else is there to update/fix after so many years?

Finally, I would like to start with a modest computer, with an N100 CPU and 16GB LPDRR5 just to host the server. 1/1gb fiber.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to share opinions, knowledge and help in this L2 community 😄

L2JMobius is overall the most functional. At least all the basics work but the support isnt the best for free users. You will have to do the heavy lifting on your own. If you ask for help on their forums all you gonna get is subscribers telling you to buy the subscription for better support and things like that. I have no experience with Lucera so i cant comment on it and with Acis the free sources are very old and the next update is years away afaik.

Edited by Porthos

On 8/24/2024 at 5:06 PM, gripao said:

Hi everyone,

l2jacis a far better than any other project to work on it an create what  you want its a clean source with base on l2off only.
lucera is very good project but you dont have source to work on it.
l2jmobius interlude is not worh to work ot it.

if you have the skills on coding and creating staff use acis , there is the free 401 rev also if you search on web you can find 406-407 revision and is worh even to buy the latest acis .

• 4 weeks later...

For server frameworks, L2jMobius is great for support and updates; L2jAcis is good but a bit tricky for beginners. As for unfinished projects, it's usually due to bugs and balancing issues, even with an old chronicle like Interlude.