What is the best version of acis to put online?

Good Morning Good Afternoon.

I would like to hear from you about l2jacis.

I know more or less the progress of the project, but I have my doubts, I know the intention of tryskell is to renew the project, but I really miss information about stability to put online.

In your opinion, which version of acis is in the best state to put online, without having to work hard to get something playable, getting rid of the headaches?

Revs 383 to 399 got huge reworks impacting important part of the gameplay (cast/attack/move systems, intention system, pathfind, targethandlers,...). Revs 389-390 themselves added something like one hundred NEW issues, which were slowly soaked up during the whole 39th cycle.

About stability, 382 is the last stable revision. You will miss tons of fixes, retail formulas, spawns suck, etc - but it's stable.

Rev 401, while being "stabilized" compared to the whole 39th cycle, is still impacted by important issues (boat unstability, water movement issues, etc).

There's still something like 10-15 issues introduced with cycles 38/39 which need to be adressed, but all in one, it goes in the right direction.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tryskell said:

Revs 383 to 399 got huge reworks impacting important part of the gameplay (cast/attack/move systems, intention system, pathfind, targethandlers,...). Revs 389-390 themselves added something like one hundred NEW issues, which were slowly soaked up during the whole 39th cycle.

About stability, 382 is the last stable revision. You will miss tons of fixes, retail formulas, spawns suck, etc - but it's stable.

Rev 401, while being "stabilized" compared to the whole 39th cycle, is still impacted by important issues (boat unstability, water movement issues, etc).

There's still something like 10-15 issues introduced with cycles 38/39 which need to be adressed, but all in one, it goes in the right direction.

Thank you for your consideration in replying!

16 minutes ago, MarlonR said:

Thank you for your consideration in replying!

No problem, from the moment you are respectful, no reason I'm not. :). I wish you a happy new year !

You can also eventually test latest (405) aCis on its PTS, Blackbird, to see if it fits your needs or not.

59 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

No problem, from the moment you are respectful, no reason I'm not. :). I wish you a happy new year !

You can also eventually test latest (405) aCis on its PTS, Blackbird, to see if it fits your needs or not.

Thank you, and I also wish you a happy and prosperous new year!

I really appreciate your work at ACIS, and I understand your motivation to rework the way everything works, I also have access to the 405, I bought it together with my partner, but I don't use it, and don't pass it on to anyone either, however, I believe that many agree with me, it's hard to find your way through the process you do at aCis, as I'm going to open a server, and among the problems with the boat for example, we ended up getting disoriented, I don't know java to fix big problems with the package, this is one of the reasons why I believe I have to look for a stable inferior version.

Edit:

But I also don't want to say that I think your way of working is wrong, I understand that probably in your planning, you will fix this problem, when you work on another part of the code, that's good, but it's kind of hard for more laymen to assemble something on top of the packaging.

Edited by MarlonR

Well, cycles 38 and 39 were built upon opportunities. Many ppl shared multiple refactors in same time : intentions and attack/cast (bowling4soup), movement (me/bowling4soup), pathfind (Hasha) and targethandlers (me/StinkyMadness).

It basically pilled a lot of issues in the same time - for a long period of time. Cycle 39 was dedicated to "restabilize" the whole thing, and while there are still important issues, it achieved its goal.

About making aCis "stable", well, the problem is, if I don't push it on master, none gonna test it. It will simply decay on a branch. All those reworks I just named wouldn't be directly commited, but would simply sleep in some branches, time some "non-existing beta-testers" test it. I have to rely on users to act as "testers". I test what I commit, and (try to) fix my own mistakes - but other sharers aren't me, and I have to fix sharers issues aswell.

With the introduction of PTS, we can now aswell push it on a test server before committing it. That probably would have been really helpful when 389-390 occured, but well, no point to redo history.

Finally, current latest revision is, imho, the way to go :

• You will find many issues on 382 which were fixed afterwards (and by many, I speak about 200 to 500 issues). Even on a PvP server, if you don't care about quests fixes, retail formulas are better than custom ;
  • You can report issues and make the project more active ;
  • If you got knowledge and/or money, you can eventually share fixes from your server to the mother project (either from an hired developer or yourself).

Current cycle 40 is about spawns, of any type. Important steps were already achieved, as you probably read (or tested on PTS).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...