How to make a lineage2 server - general rant and moan

Maile

1. Buy a domain name. If you go for a free domain or think a .tk is good enough, your wrong. its not good enough, you wont impress anyone.

2. Host it on a dedicated machine at a hosting company. Hey guess what everyone else has broadband too, It doesnt give you the right to open a god damn server, You are the retards making l2 private servers look bad.

3. You need money! if your not willing to invest in any of the above then your server isnt worth the time it will take to install navicat and mysql 5.0 on your piece of trash home pc. Then all your doing is pissing in the wind, Guess what kids and heres the real deal, Hiding your servers IP behind a loader doesn't work we will find out its run on a trashy ADSL line soon as it lags with 30 people online and someone does a netstat your screwed.

Dont you just hate when you see a server advertised, you read the entire server info and think wow that looks quite decent click on the link, and bam .ucoz or .tk or some other lame crap freewebs address. How can they expect anyone to play their trash if they cannot invest 6 dollars on a domain name.

Dont you just hate when you install some loader from a pretty good looking site, they bought their domain, webby aint half bad and the server specs look promising, get ingame and laaaaag 30 people online. You just know in your heart of hearts its never going to get any better. So you ask on the forums whats up with the lag, they are like "meng we need donations for better hardware" which isn't even close to the truth. Hardware isnt really a factor in l2jservers granted CPU needs to be atleast a duo but mainly its BANDWIDTH Guess what kids! your 1/256 Adsl line that you thinks soo l33t? well its not!

Dont you just hate when you see a nice server advertised in English on a forum or in a vote site, the info looks good, names quite cool, click on the weblink and HELLO FORIEGN WEBSITE!! i just dont get why they advertise on english forums in english if they cant be arsed putting up english websites. Now i know not everything is in english online but if you advertise in english it sorta implies your product is in english dont ya think?

Dont you just hate it when your checking out a new servers forum or trying to and they require a registration, So you go through it for 12344565 millionth time manage to actually login, and the only posts their are the admins and his 2 groupies? how disapointing.

Dont you just hate it when their are soo many ignorant asshats out their who have never played anything resembling a real server, yet insist their advice is TOP notch good stuff! Ive trolled these forums for the past few hours and theirs soo many retarded 11 year olds trying to be the hax or w/e Who really cares, just please dont inflict yourself on stuff i might find vaguely interesting! adding inane replys to threads without really offering objective reasons or advice isnt all that helpful ya know :P

Anyway im sure this will be classed as spam and delleted but it made me feel good after hours of searching for a decent server to play in and not coming across any i think ive vented my frustrations quite well.

I agree with you...the biggest problem with lineage is l2j is very easy and(specially in hungary)a 13 years old idiot who play in 10000x high rates with 849753984 custom items and with 10-20 ppl online can create his own server...and after a while everybody go to play wow(i dont hate wow)because when you go to a server toplist look at the servers and you see servers with 2000 gm because of money not because of they knowledge...and the first thing you see in these "servers" is when you report a bug gm told you he cant correct it because he pay money only for one thing...to give +42343 items to his player character and kill all players and write to global chat...HAHAHA LAME PLAYERS I'M THE BEST PLAYER!I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU...that's why i dont play lineage months ago...i need to make my server to have a good play...thats weird...and one more thing if you create your server you get this when you dont give +34654 weapon to a player:shitty server i hate these admins i go to another one(where he get it)...and that happens all time because of those childrens who only know how to write a server config and they dont bother about players...

Well , what can i say.

@Interpid

t...HAHAHA LAME PLAYERS I'M THE BEST PLAYER!I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU...

You're maybe tough now, but im sure the server you are advertising @L2 Aqua 150 x coming soon...

Is going to fail the same way the most servers are.  And NO YOU AREN'T THE BEST PLAYER. How can you say such  selfish thing . Everyone is strong on talk but who knows maybe you are a 12 y.o trying to be smart too...It's not like im flaming you or something... Just get a grip of yourself im bored of selfish people like you...

@Maile

I can agree with you because nowdays every kid can make a server... Its not a big deal now...tho we must face it.... as long as there is JAVA the retarted servers won't end. About the ucoz .. i tried something because i was bored 2 days ago... I started imagining  l2 servers... Like L2MegaKiller.ucoz.com and like from 50 sh1ts i imagined i got at least 20-23. So what are we talking about here....Let them be, if ya don't like any server start official[retail] If you want a good high rate [private] or just a low rate you'll still have to search.... GOOD LUCk.

Well , what can i say.

@Interpid

You're maybe tough now, but im sure the server you are advertising @L2 Aqua 150 x coming soon...

Is going to fail the same way the most servers are. And NO YOU AREN'T THE BEST PLAYER. How can you say such selfish thing . Everyone is strong on talk but who knows maybe you are a 12 y.o trying to be smart too...It's not like im flaming you or something... Just get a grip of yourself im bored of selfish people like you...

@Maile

I can agree with you because nowdays every kid can make a server... Its not a big deal now...tho we must face it.... as long as there is JAVA the retarted servers won't end. About the ucoz .. i tried something because i was bored 2 days ago... I started imagining l2 servers... Like L2MegaKiller.ucoz.com and like from 50 sh1ts i imagined i got at least 20-23. So what are we talking about here....Let them be, if ya don't like any server start official[retail] If you want a good high rate [private] or just a low rate you'll still have to search.... GOOD LUCk.

man you dont understand my post read it again i said that:

GM's are pay money for the admin but not because of the knowledge they have and not to run the server for a long time they pay to give +43534 items to they player charcter and kill everybody on the server and when everybody die he screm...HAHAHA LAME PLAYERS I'M THE BEST PLAYER!I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU...and he think he's the professional gamer:)

and about my server...i have 90 days of really hard work in it so...you totally misunderstood my post:)

We will see and there is corruption everywhere on the high rates servers with the mega pro admin who knows 1 english phrase " mi iz no kno ingliz"

Yes corruption everywhere BUT(and thanks to MxC for that)in this modern world we have good java developers who make security fix on enchant and other good things and they share it with us:)

• 3 months later...