Looking for an xdat editor tutorial or in-depth guide

Apathy

I've been messing around with the xdat editor and I've managed to do some things, like add duplicate standalone skill bars and stuff, but there are still some things I don't quite understand. For example, I added this simple bar to act as a 5th independent skillbar, but it has a pink cursor:

xdat.png.9b51fb2eb1553daabbce1590e530a73a.png

Then I found the children needed to remove that pink cursor and also deleted the useless arrows and  the number.

xdat2.png.f94a2483d95b10d7131bdd32b2059886.png

Now I've managed to find that FlightShipCtrlWnd that I've seen in some servers to handle Talismans and stuff, and managed to get it to the size I wanted (I'm playing a multiskill server and want to use this for buff skills so I have more space on my regular skillbar for skills and macros.

xdat3.png.421fa1d5e469f9cf201987d116271026.png

However, that one does not allow me to drag any skill, action, macro or item into it. I want to make those 12 slots usable like the ones from the FlightTransformCtrlWnd one (images 1 & 2).

Any help would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, Apathy said:

I've been messing around with the xdat editor and I've managed to do some things, like add duplicate standalone skill bars and stuff, but there are still some things I don't quite understand. For example, I added this simple bar to act as a 5th independent skillbar, but it has a pink cursor:

xdat.png.9b51fb2eb1553daabbce1590e530a73a.png

Then I found the children needed to remove that pink cursor and also deleted the useless arrows and  the number.

xdat2.png.f94a2483d95b10d7131bdd32b2059886.png

Now I've managed to find that FlightShipCtrlWnd that I've seen in some servers to handle Talismans and stuff, and managed to get it to the size I wanted (I'm playing a multiskill server and want to use this for buff skills so I have more space on my regular skillbar for skills and macros.

xdat3.png.421fa1d5e469f9cf201987d116271026.png

However, that one does not allow me to drag any skill, action, macro or item into it. I want to make those 12 slots usable like the ones from the FlightTransformCtrlWnd one (images 1 & 2).

Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_mfe2SgnYB1FClvbNGWZvQ/videos hes have few videos, gl