L2J X L2Off

L2J is easily customizable unlike L2OFF, L2J community can be considered friendly (yes, I said that) comparing to L2OFF one (which I call the "realm of shadow" ; people keep the knowledge and sell it), and the problem on L2J isn't the number of online players on a server, the problem is the accumulation of people in a same point of a server (exemple, castle sieges or mass pvp) due to weak network layer.

Moreover, you won't find 5000 players until 99% of L2J servers become down.

L2OFF is "somewhat" unbugged gameplay-wise (if you speak about IL, L2OFF is bugged), it's the easy way to get decent server without doing anything. Otherwise you have to rely on guys like me which propose fixes via their own pack, or your own coding skills.

Edited by Tryskell

People take L2J for crap compared to OFF, but actually unties your hands on many stuff.

I recently helped with an L2OFF based server.

Making custom features, compared to L2J, was terible.
And when I say custom features, I talk about basic stuff like NPC buffer, adding a GM-Shop and changing rates.
No Admin menu - everything on //commands.
Also the retail logic on many stuff was not good, since players have been used to L2J features. Example OFF deep blue NPC drop logic could not be changed.

Support by the team that sold the OFF files, on critical issues, like server crashing for no apparent reason was zero or delayed for days.

So, from my experience...