[Tutorial] Steam Mobile Authenticator | Alernate Options

maniaczzz

Hello everyone today I'm going to tell you about "How to activate Steam Mobile Authenticator" (if you don't know, duh) its usage and features. Also I'll tell you about alternate options that work as a substitute to Steam Mobile Authenticator 

Q. What is Steam Mobile Authenticator?

The Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator is a feature of the Steam Mobile App that provides an additional level of security to your Steam account. The authenticator generates a code that you need to enter every time that you log on to your Steam account. The code changes every 30 seconds, can be used only once, and is unguessable.

This system (commonly called two-factor authentication) is stronger than just your username and a password.

Valve also strongly recommends that you add a phone number to your account, which makes recovering your account quite a bit easier, should you lose access.

IMG_6577.jpg

Your phone does not need to be connected to the Internet for the authenticator to work (however, your phone does need to know the correct time).

Q. What are the advantages of Steam Mobile Authenticator?

Enabling Steam Mobile Authenticator makes it impossible for hackers/crackers or scammers to hijack your account or take access over your account and trade expensive game items such as TF2 items , CS:GO Skins or Dota2 items. Enabling Steam Mobile Authenticator provides the best security measures for your account.

Q. Why did Valve introduce Steam Mobile Authenticator?

According to recent report by Valve employees revealed that more than 77,000 Steam Accounts were hijacked per month resulting in serious consequences for the account holders that lose virtual items ranging from 0.04$ to 2000+$ . Therefore further security measures were introduced to enable best level of security.

More information about Steam Mobile Authenticator can be found here : https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8625-WRAH-9030

Q. I don't have a Mobile Phone how can I use services of Steam Mobile Authenticator?

There are 2 methods to use services of Steam Mobile Authenticator without owning a Mobile Phone.

1. WinAuth

WinAuth is a portable, open-source Authenticator for Windows that provides counter or time-based RFC 6238 authenticators and common implementations, such as the Google Authenticator. WinAuth can be used with many Bitcoin trading websites as well as games, supporting Battle.net (World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo), Guild Wars 2, Glyph (Rift and ArcheAge), WildStar, RuneScape, SWTOR and Steam.

You simply need to register for a WinAuth Account and then add a Steam Mobile Authenticator on it by logging in to your steam account. WinAuth is 100% legit, open source, easy to use software. It relieves people from having their mobile phone by their side whenever they want to sign in to their Steam Account. Simply download WinAuth on any computer, login to your WinAuth account and it will start generating Authentication codes.

win3.png

win1.png

You can download WinAuth from :https://winauth.com/download

2. BlueStacks App Player (Android Simulator for PC)

The BlueStacks App Player is designed to enable Android applications to run on Windows PCs and Macintosh computers. App Player is a downloadable piece of Windows and Mac software that virtualizes the full Android experience.

To enable Steam Mobile Authenticator on BlueStacks App Player follow these steps :

Step 1. Download BlueStacks app on your PC from http://www.bluestacks.com
Step 2. Install it.
Step 3. Download the Steam Mobile Authenticator.apk ( similar to .exe in Windows) from here http://media.steampowered.com/apps/steam-android/steam-2.1.3.apk
Step 4. Launch it using BlueStacks App Player.
Step 4. Change your settings.
Step 4. Enjoy hassle free and best level of security for your Steam Account!

blue.png

Disclaimer : Every action has been taken to make this tutorial easy to understand and simple to follow. Every possible error have been rectified but if you still find any errors feel free to tell me before the 24 hour editing limit gets over.

This is my FIRST tutorial, valuable feedback and constructive criticism is appreciated. If you think this tutorial is helpful you can thank me :) (not mandatory). Looking forward to the feedback.

If you have any questions post them below or PM me or VM me or want me to make more tutorials in the future regarding everything about Steam or CS:GO I can do that easily since I have much knowledge about these things. Just make a request and I'll try my best to help you out. :D