H5 Insta Olympiad Server

Somik

Yo, I'm looking for a H5 instant gear Olympiad server.

The server has to have active olympiad matches of more than 10 players.

Would preffer l2off, but a good l2j would do the job aswell.

There is always a really good russian one, but atm i can't seem to find any.

So any directions on how to find such servers or direct links to them would be seriously appreciated and rewarded with a virtual cookie!

Yo, I'm looking for a H5 instant gear Olympiad server.

The server has to have active olympiad matches of more than 10 players.

Would preffer l2off, but a good l2j would do the job aswell.

There is always a really good russian one, but atm i can't seem to find any.

So any directions on how to find such servers or direct links to them would be seriously appreciated and rewarded with a virtual cookie!

its hard son

Edited by anhel00

Anhel tried sharing his daily material, but pussied out a few mins later =D

Already tried and hated it since you have to literally spend 1hour+ just preparing your char. Also the russian heroes seem to have an advantage with something over everyone else.

Edited by Somik

Anhel tried sharing his daily material, but pussied out a few mins later =D

Already tried and hated it since you have to literally spend 1hour+ just preparing your char. Also the russian heroes seem to have an advantage with something over everyone else.

i know what the advantage is... SKILLED HANDS

i know what the advantage is... SKILLED HANDS

Ironic to hear that coming from a guy with a video of a handless db that clicks 90% of his skills with the mouse in his signature =)

But anyways, no, every russian playing there is absolutely terrible.

• 1 month later...

I love Olympiad, it's why I play L2 usually. I'm considering a side-project OLY server for the EU community. But I'd need to get a good impression of whether such a server would survive or how to structure the donation system. I've never played a strictly OLY server before.

It wouldn't be a major project. Something to work on in between our larger projects.

Cheers,

Granny

That would be awesome.

I would advise you to do a server like the russian Emerald, on which i used to play with a couple of friends a few months back and loved it, the server is still up but they did something that doesen't let you get english text anymore (if someone got it working hit me up!).

Def. don't do a server like oly2 a.k.a. gamefirst.ru since it's unbalanced as fuck and has many flaws + it completely dies out after 2 weeks, so the work u put into it would be wasted.

Emerald - Full instant free gear, 6h of oly every day with nominations every 2 weeks, a nice zone to pvp at (added smart pvp bots), currencly from oly wins and pvps for cool looking stuff like god+ weps, armors, cloaks, hats, pvp talis etc.

oly2 - you start with lvl 56 and b grade gear, then u lvl up through oly and waste a week of ur time raging at the broken shit till you hit an area with the same opponents that the system doesent allow you to beat and progression slows down by 90% and makes you quit.

Yea this is what I mean it's difficult to balance.

I was thinking the OLY2 sounds better. But you bring up some good points, the first, is that new players will have no chance. The second is that certain classes will dominate way too hard and prevent your progress.

Emerald style is probably the best option where everyone starts off with equal footing and u can choose the class u like and gear u like without limitation. I was thinking more like 24 hours Olympiad only Olympiad with no restrictions or match limits. I'd need to think of a viable donation system to make this work, however.

Can you explain the emerald server in a bit more detail. Be as specific as possible. For example, currency from oly, what can u buy with this currency? And PVP currency is separate? PVPS allow you to buy talis, accessories, cloaks, etc? Do these cloaks and shit have good stats to give your char a boost? Details please.

Cheers,

Granny