hellbound [L2Off]L2Citadel

L2Citadel

Updates and fixes added to changelog today.

http://l2citadel.com/forums/topic/27-changelog/?do=findComment&comment=7520

[Core - DLL Updates]:

- Removed nopping of all residential clan skills, and testing scripted fix for 848-856 skills specificly.
- Changed augmentation client packet FE 0x57 for receiving info about price for cancelling augmentation.
- Changed CacheD read from raw scriptfolder instead of import\cachedscript.
- Redid some synchronization issues causing log errors and memory release refs.
- Fixed some client issues with opcode mutation in BW.
- Fixed multisellchoose receiving end errors causing some selection errors in multisell.
- Removed pet removal of buffs during mount.
- Fixed a nickname packet issue - with obfuscation above.
- Fixed Attribute removal packets, amount issues in looping.
- SA to weapon with Augment fixed.

[script .txt & HTML Updates]:

- Fixed 2nd class quest rewards.
- Fixed empower skills abnormal classification.
- Fixed focus attack abnormal classification.
- Fixed residential skills acquire scripting.
- Fixed skill reuses & cooldowns.
- Fixed Cores minions.
- Fixed gatekeepers Noblesse dialogue
- Fixed Empower skill and Soul Of Paagrio.
- Repaired CH auction manager causing client crash.
- Fixed seed skills.
- Fixed Dangerous Seduction quest reward.
- Fixed red eyed invaders quest. 
- Fixed dark lord skill.
- Fixed level 0-40 non repeatable quest rewards.
- Fixed level 41-80 non repeatable quest rewards.
- Repaired various aveeffects
- Fixed Giran armor Multisell
- Fixed Catherok animation

Nice to see you're working hard on the server, but what about advertising? Some forums' side banners and stuff like that?

Also I'd consider sticking your topic, it's very effective way of advertising your server - it would be shame if all your hard work wouldn't come hand in hand with adequate promotion. 

There is a new client patch available. Not critical but fixes many bugs that have been reported so highly recommend everybody updates to this patch to avoid duplicate bug reports.

Patch available via L2Citadel website

Update regarding opening:

"No ETA yet but you can expect an announcement from us on the opening date in the next week or so."

Sweet! But you haven't answered my question yet: at what point of progress is your advertisement? Developing and advertising always go hand in hand, even the top-notch server won't be succesful without proper advertising and vice versa.

Currently there're TWO banner positions open and you can always stick your topic, both these will help your server greatly.

And please don't take it as an offense, I'm just very fond on this project and I'm trying to give you, trust me, good advices. You all guys have worked waaay to hard on this to not let everyone know about this project. I know it costs additional money, but I feel like you've worked your way through that point where additional $100 for advertisement could be any kind of problem. This feeling is fortified by a fact that there're absolutely no game-changing donations on your server (not even XP boosts, which tend to be on this kind of servers), for which you've earned my respect.

And so I ask you kindly: set up an advertisement asap.

Sweet! But you haven't answered my question yet: at what point of progress is your advertisement? Developing and advertising always go hand in hand, even the top-notch server won't be succesful without proper advertising and vice versa.

Currently there're TWO banner positions open and you can always stick your topic, both these will help your server greatly.

And please don't take it as an offense, I'm just very fond on this project and I'm trying to give you, trust me, good advices. You all guys have worked waaay to hard on this to not let everyone know about this project. I know it costs additional money, but I feel like you've worked your way through that point where additional $100 for advertisement could be any kind of problem. This feeling is fortified by a fact that there're absolutely no game-changing donations on your server (not even XP boosts, which tend to be on this kind of servers), for which you've earned my respect.

And so I ask you kindly: set up an advertisement asap.

It's talked about here:

http://l2citadel.com/forums/topic/1082-meta-advertisement/

Believe me, they know their job

I found them on russian tops/websites

I just need to improve my SEO skills :/

ps: citadel ,can u giveme in pm those 2 " best ranked keys? ty " 

Update regarding opening:

"No ETA yet but you can expect an announcement from us on the opening date in the next week or so."

Update:

Posted Today, 12:56 PM

PS: We may have some news for you tomorrow...

Believe me, they know their job

I found them on russian tops/websites

I just need to improve my SEO skills :/

ps: citadel ,can u giveme in pm those 2 " best ranked keys? ty "

I wonder how deeply are they sure about what they're doing when it's less than a month till opening and in the link you've sent they're basically just saying 'not yet'.

I don't know, activity on forum is pretty good, if the numbers are at least remotely real, over 1000 people visit forum daily, which is a good sign, but I feel like they're losing potential players this way by their inability to stick to a fixed date in time.

I wonder how deeply are they sure about what they're doing when it's less than a month till opening and in the link you've sent they're basically just saying 'not yet'.

I don't know, activity on forum is pretty good, if the numbers are at least remotely real, over 1000 people visit forum daily, which is a good sign, but I feel like they're losing potential players this way by their inability to stick to a fixed date in time.

Not sure if you actually read that thread, here are some quotes from it which say quite clearly that already much advertising and promotion has been done. 

We have been actively advertising already for months on top sites, clan forums, Lineage 2 blogs, gaming forums, social media and more.

We have also done some SEO work and rank #1 and #5 on Google for our main keywords that combined get 50k searches a month just from Google.

As we get closer to live we will increase our advertising and spend more of our advertising budget. It is well covered ;)

Obviously we've already been doing a lot of efforts to get the word out there, send several mailings and did quite a bit of viral marketing.

Honestly I would stop worrying about it :)

Not sure if you actually read that thread, here are some quotes from it which say quite clearly that already much advertising and promotion has been done. 

Honestly I would stop worrying about it :)

giveme top 1-2 keyphrases please ^^

Yeah I read that, but honestly I just haven't seen in practice anything they talked about yet. 

I'm daily browsing most of the largest international L2-based forums and all I see are a mere ad threads, not an actual aggresive advertisement. I mean why not just stick the topic 30$, nothing's easier than that and it increases the traffic nicely.

Stickying topics in many forums actually decreases the amount of views it gets. This depends on different things like amount of other sticky threads in that forum, forum design, etc. Having an active topic that is bumped by people interested or kept up by staff is usually in better view and gets better noticed. 

It was made pretty clear that the hard advertising would start once live was announced :)

@Karasu probably better to ask in the Citadel forums by PM or on the irc.

Stickying topics in many forums actually decreases the amount of views it gets. This depends on different things like amount of other sticky threads in that forum, forum design, etc. Having an active topic that is bumped by people interested or kept up by staff is usually in better view and gets better noticed. 

It was made pretty clear that the hard advertising would start once live was announced :)

@Karasu probably better to ask in the Citadel forums by PM or on the irc.

+1

Happy new year folks!  :gusta: