high five [L2J] L2 Cosmic

Granny

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply. I usually check this everyday but I've been a bit busy!

There is a very important reason why the vote coins are no longer tradeable. But currently, they are and they are not. Hear me out a bit. At first, the coins were tradeable by shop in game and mail, and this was to make it fair so that people that cannot donate can also acquire the minor perks.

But since we decided to offer an automated donation system for your convenience, we can no longer make the coins tradeable by shop or mail as a result of chargebacks. Chargebacks are a real problem in virtual currency and may result in a great imbalance of the economy if we do not protect ourselves against it. So we've restructured our donation system to allow coins to be tradeable via our website. You can send coins to any character in the game on our website almost like a mail system. And our forum has a specific thread where people can advertise their intent to sell their Cosmic Coins for adena. We may consider implementing a trade function in our website so we can eliminate the chance of players getting scammed. We have yet to decide.

Unfortunately, we can do it no other way. Through the website we can track all coin transactions, from friend to friend, from leader to clan mate, etc. All accounts are linked and form a web of transactions. So if you chargeback say 20000 coins, we can immediately remove them from your character and destroy your account. This way, people cannot scam us and ruin the economy (if hypothetically they were tradeable by in game shop)

I hope this makes sense.

So TLDR: our donation currency is tradeable via our website function (currently being implemented) to any character in the realm. But not tradeable in game shops.

Our vote reward will only be a minor item. Probably a vitality pot, which will become very useful when you reach your end game levels. The pot will porbably have an expirary date so you do not horde them. Maybe 24 hours. I have not yet decided on the reward, however. Just a thought.

This is not a corrupt or abusive server. It's a legit retail experience with a few exceptions. In fact, it's the first where you'll be able to call it home and not need to switch as a result of imbalanced play, favoritsm, or shady GM deals.

Thanks for the discussion guys!

P.S. Come sign up on our forum and introduce yourself. It gets lonely being all alone from time to time, haha :P

Cheers,

Granny

Edited by CosmicGM

Yes I changed this on our website. I have forgotten to do this on this forum. My apologies. I will upload the new photo now.

It is true that in America/Canada the day comes first, followed by the month, then the year. A staff member of mine (from Lithuania) pointed out the confusion in the banner since the system changes elsewhere. I was not aware of this discrepancy.

I have now fixed it on the OP. What a mix up! Haha.

For the record, Jan 12, 2015 is the launch date. This gives us 5 months to advertise our project on a small scale to gain some awareness. In the last 2 months we will be pushing a full advertising campaign on all top sites, forums, and so on. All paid and large budget!

Until then, stay tuned for our dev video coming up. If you're interested, at the very least :)

And don't forget to come and drop a line in our introduction thread of our forums. It helps us in the long run and will likely grant u access to our CB.

All the best.

Cheers,

Granny

Edited by CosmicGM

Thats the longest advertise i saw on a l2 server ???

XD

if you want this kind of huge adv u will need a big budget ,at least 300e monthly for votes on all topsites :D

be able to speak russian to register in top and can pay with wmv or how the hell was called

and change that forum template.. its really ugly and confusing

Edited by Karasu

Hi Karasu,

Our budget is fairly large, yes. As for the advertisement, it is quite long, isn't it? Haha, hopefully you were not too strained having to go through out opening post. Our website will be translated into Russian, Spanish, and Portuguese using a fluent translation (not a plugin) and advertising will also be carried out on Russian top sites, Brazilian, and others. 300 EU / month is well below our total advertising budget. As for the forum template, we're very fond of simplicity and think it suits that theme. Although I dare say if others find it ugly, as you have found it, I will certainly let our team know and we'll implement another theme that is more aesthetically pleasing.

That being said, our project is structured from the ground up. Our payment options cover nearly all methods available on a world basis, including paypal, webmoney, paysafecard, and many more. All donations automatically transfer a balance to your primary account wherein you will be able to distribute the balance to any character of your choice, including your friends (should you be that kind).

L2Cosmic is a massive project. We are 5 months away from launch, however. Nothing will be rushed, no player exploited, large GM staff, excellent team, and fair play. These are concepts we are trying to bring back into the L2 private server world.

You see a lot of servers reopening and the same players get suckered into an exploitative donation system. This is simply not us, nor will it ever be us. So if you're looking for an alternative to a monster server with great rewards for your time invested, then by all means let people know about us and stop by and visit me in our ugly forum from time to time. Even if it's to say hello!

Thank you for the comments!

All the best.

Cheers,

Granny

Edited by CosmicGM

RULES

You CANNOT make a preview topic for your server unless your server is openning in 2 weeks (14 days) or less, including the deadline (days left) inside the topic.

Topic Locked.

Edited by Stacy Doll