Looking For Staff Members For A Faction Server!

My primary goal is to create a faction server for the people. To create a balanced environment to enjoy a little of the magic that all L2 players have at some point experience and crave, the reason the majority of us still play this game.

Well first of all, I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Rob and I've played Lineage2 for over 9 years, I've played all kinds of servers including many of the greats.
I've enjoyed this game for many years and had a blast doing it, I can honestly say this game has given me more enjoyment, anxiety, laughs, friends and fun than any other and I wish to revive and relive a portion of that magic in a project of my own.

My personal Lineage2 history is lengthy, I have worked on many very successful servers as a member of staff and have recently quit official NA servers at level 99 endgame, so after a break and trying out a few games, my thoughts have turned back to Lineage2.

Having searched around for various servers and server types I see much of the same.. I see many empty promises and repeats of the same, I see little to no reason to join any of these new servers, Albert Einstein himself defined insanity as the act of 'Doing the same thing repeatedly yet expecting different results', so I have decided stray off the beaten path and to attempt at making my own mark in L2 history.

Now, before you continue reading this I wish to make very clear that I have no developing experience, web design or even a great deal of money to throw at this, having said that, I do have a huge wealth of experience to fall back on.

What I am looking for;

- A developer that can work with L2j (I am choosing L2j because being realistic, it is much easier to manipulate and develop).
- Anyone willing to work with Web Design
- Anyone that might be interested in taking part and funding a project.

What I am not looking for;

- Freeloaders looking for easy cash

- People wanting to be ingame/event GM's or anything of the such

- Inexperienced backseat drivers.

As a small incentive, I would like to make clear that anyone who works on this project with me, will receive an equal portion of the donations collected (I myself will be taking a 0% portion of the money the server could potentially make)

If you wish to contact me about the project, please feel free to leave a reply here and/or send me a private message requesting my contact details.

Edited by Twinkles

You claim yourself as being inexperienced, but don't look for inexperienced people (and not experienced who asks for money), at a moment you should think a little and review the copy.

Another point is a developer got his own ideas, and can implement them. You, you got ideas and can't. See the difference ? You need a dev, but a dev doesn't need you. You're not different of the few hundreds of people who could be used as beta testers.

No hard feelings, but people who wants to revolution L2 world with no experience, it exists since L2 emulators exist. A suggestion ? Begin to learn about L2J (as you seem to choose it), install, setup, eventually get a skeleton of a project (main features coded), and ask anew.

None will code for you, because everyone got his own "l2 dream server to launch".

Gl no matter what.

You see empty promises because knowledge is dying.

Similarly because PServer scene nowhere closely resembles retail these days (unlike older days where the difference wasn't that great and people were happy to play for free).

But as tryskell - you should ask yourself how in the nine hells is your 9 years of playing experience relevant to the pserver scene - and how the hell does it somehow make balancing any easier when you have no idea of the inner workings of l2?

Historicly NCsoft hasn't listened one butt's end to the "omfg op" whiners of l2 - so how would you provide anything of value (And especially with the custom stuff your proposing)?

And something worth enough to claim ownership?

beautiful words are not enough for people these days

first of all say which client you use and i hope not interlude ;p, from gracia final to high five and i could help i guess but promises are not enough ,scamming is 99% of cases ,u get someone to help you and in the end you ignore him and give /cares

Edited by Karasu

Update.

I have found an amazing Dev for this project (Actually an old contact I already had prior to making this post), and we are starting to move ahead with the project, this faction will be based on the GoD glory days platform.

Regarding the replies, you are all welcome to your opinions. Any feedback is good feedback, regardless of your views.