interlude [L2J]Retrolude World - Coming On Christmas Holiday

Xanderॐ

If everything goes good and according to plan, I'm planning to have a server ready by christmas. Here's in short the main features you are going to see in it.

Basic features

• It is going to be a highrate interlude server based on L2J with an extra option to join the GVE side of the server.
  • Cool PvP and team PvP is our main goal for this server.
  • Farming difficulty will be medium. Not too easy, not too hard.
  • Max enchant will be 18 and items can already drop enchanted up to +9 from monsters.
  • Enchant chance will be 90% but scrolls will be rare to get.
  • There won't be gear donations, but premium account services donation system.
  • You can farm gear and money from monsters ( solo ) and raid bosses ( party ).
  • There will be a central town and a central farming zone.

Events featured

• We are running on Nexus Event Engine modified heavily by me ( We will purchase a license from you hnoke dont worry ).
  • We are going to use most of the Nexus Engine events.
  • Some of the events will be removed cause they aren't that great.

Dressme

• Yes we have the original dressme.
  • Only same - gear type dressme configurations. Robe on Robe, Light on Light, Sword on Sword etc.
  • Monster items will be given out for dressme configurations from GM made events.

Hero System

• There won't be an olympiad. Enough with the unfair feeding.
  • Our hero system is custom and unique.
  • More information will be placed on a port reply cause it's too big. Soon.

Wild System

• It is for those that like the GVE aspect of the game
  • It is for those that are bored with the casual farming zone pvp
  • You will be able to conquer territories in the whole L2 World.
  • You will be able to create your own Town/City/Village/Fortress as a Clan or Ally.
  • Certain benefits will be given to those that will venture into the wild.
  • Some items are only obtainable through the Wild ( GVE ) system.
  • For more information see a post reply that will follow soon

Misc Info

• We are using a pack that combines features from my private source colleciton, L2jPrim and aCis
  • My personal previous projects have been L2Relapse and L2Retro
  • Most features have been coded but since I want things to actually work without bugs, ETA is christmas holidays.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero system - DETAILED

The ancient heroes of Lineage 2, Barz, Lionna and Erica decided to give all the brave fighters a chance to become heroes, just like them. Regularly they bestow Heroic Points in the game. Players strive to get those Heroic Points to become Heroes.

How does it work ?
Every heroic period lasts two weeks. During that period, players accumulate Heroic Points. At any point in time, the person that has the most heroic points in his class, becomes the hero. When the heroic period ends, all the heroic points get a reset to zero.
Your heroic points are visible in your title, as a number.

How do heroic points enter the game ?
Bartz,Lionna and Erica enchant our world with heroic points in different occasions. 
  • Bartz gives 30000 points to any clan that wins a castle siege.
  • Lionna gives 60 heroic points to anyone that wins a game event ( TvT, DM, etc ).
  • Lionna gives 60 heroic points randomly without warning to people that are randomly online every couple of hours.
  • Erica gives 200 heroic points to anyone that is online during the start of the heroic period.
How do heroic points change hands ?
  • When you kill someone in pvp, you get 5% of his heroic points.
  • When you kill someone and get a PK point, you get 10% of his heroic points.
  • When you kill someone that is red ( PK ) , you get 50% of his heroic points.
  • If you are in a party, the heroic points you take from others, get divided equally among party members.
How do heroic points leave the game ?
Any player that has heroic points, can spend them in heroic actions. Each heroic action consumes part of your heroic points. You can still do heroic actions if you run out of heroic points. If your points reach at zero, they simply won't go lower when you perform heroic actions. !

What are the heroic actions ?
Heroic actions are voiced commands a player can use to perform special abilities. Those are the following.

• .stealth - Allows a player to become invisible. If you move, or perform actions you lose the invisibility. A good skill to prepare ambushes or set traps for outlaws and PKs. Consumes 1% of your hero points.
  • .locate <playername> - Allows a player to locate another player. By performing this action, you will get a message saying the location of your target name relatively to you and his distance. A good skill to use to hunt down pks or find players that are stealthed.
  • .partyRecall - Allows a player to recall his party to his location. Good skill to use when doing fast paced team pvp. Consumes 1% heroic points.
  • .clanRecall - Allows a player to recall his clan to his location. Good skill to use when doing fast paced clan pvp. It can be performed only by clan leaders. Consumes 2% heroic points.
  • .allyRecall - Allows a player to recall his ally to his location. Good skill to use during sieges to organize your alliance. It can be performed only by clan leaders belonging to the alliance. Consumes 3% heroic points.
What are some advance tactics to get lots of heroic points ?
In the most basic forms, stay online for long, or leave your character online too and participate in events/sieges. That way you will gain hero points from Bartz, Erica and Lionna. If you want to take heroic points from other people you will have to engage in combat. 
A good tactic would be to go pvp with a team or a healer cause dying means others will get your hero points. One other good option is to stay stealthed and wait for the appropriate moment to engage in pvp and get the upper hand.

Finally for those that want to go to the extreme, you can participate in PK sprees and get massive heroic points from the people that you kill. You have to remember thouh, that as a PK , you will lose half of your heroic points if players kill you. When you PK and atract heat on you players will try to .locate you and come get your heroic points, so use the PK method with precaution.

Wild System - DETAILED

People that like the faction type of servers like GVE and KvN can form factions and conquere the rest of the map not used for farming/town. By planting your own Headquarters you can conquer land and expand your kingdom. Expanding your kingdom and conquering other kingdoms  grants you benefits and special rewards.

What are the Wild areas ?
Wild areas are considered everything that is not a Lineage 2 Castle/Fortress/City/Farming zone. Pretty much 99% of the map is unused in all highrate servers and in our case it is considered wild area ?

What dangers are there in the Wild area ?
  • Inside the wild areas, all monsters, wolves, orcs, skeletons, etc are level 80 and qute strong. It takes about 2-3 strong people to take one out.
  • The wild areas are pvp zones. People can kill you without getting karma.

How do I create and join a faction ?
You create a faction by creating a clan. Each clan is considered a different faction. You can join a faction by joining a clan. Clans that belong in the same alliance are considered allied factions and can walk into each others territory.

How do I create a Fortress ?
You can create your own headquarters ( Fortress, City , Village, Town ) inside the wild areas from the .fortress panel. Only the clan leader can create a fortress. You can place your fortress anywhere inside the wild areas. Pick a place that can be defended easily.

Does it cost to create a Fortress ?
Yes. Like the Clan Halls, a fortress needs constant funds of your custom coin. If a fortress does not have enough funds it will disband. The weekly cost of a fortress is determined by its size and the number of guards you have placed in it to protect it.

Protect it ?
Each fortress comes with a default Token NPC. The Token NPC is the heart of your Fortress. If it's killed you lose 50% of the fortress funds. It respawns 24 hours later to prevent spawn killing abuse from players. 

How to protect it ?
You can create guards inside your fortress. Those gaurds are very strong and come in a variety of classes ( archers, fighters etc ). Guards are aggresive to clans that do not belong in your ally and to any clan-less person. Anyone that gets close will not reach your Token without a tough fight. You can also conquer territory around your fortress but for that see later on the guide.

What other npcs can I place in my fortress ?
Classmaster, grand master, buffer, gatekeeper,gmshop.

Can I teleport to my fortress ?
Absolutelly yes.

How to conquer territory ? 
Initially territory is occupied by clanless Monsters that are aggresive towards everyone. When you kill a monster, it becomes an ally to your clan. This means that it will not attack you ( unless attacked ) and it will attack any clanless or enemy clan person. Conquering territory around your fortress is a good way of protecting it.

What happens if my fortress runs out of funds ?
Your fortress is disbanded and all territory you conquered returns to neutral.

Do I get any benefit from joining the Wild Areas ?
Yes, those benefits will be decided though later in the development progress.
Edited by Leluche

• When you kill someone in pvp, you get 5% of his heroic points.
  • When you kill someone and get a PK point, you get 10% of his heroic points.

U get more heroic points if u PK someone instead of winning a Pvp? Sounds absurd.

• When you kill someone that is red ( PK ) , you get 50% of his heroic points.

.locate <playername> - Allows a player to locate another player. By performing this action, you will get a message saying the location of your target name relatively to you and his distance. A good skill to use to hunt down pks or find players that are stealthed.

Plus karma won't clean with only 1 mob kill, PKs drop gear.

With those four in mind, I think it takes some REAL BALLS to be PK.

Edited by Leluche