Faction Server

Should I start to dev a Faction PVP Server like InfiniteL2?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should I start to dev a Faction PVP Server like InfiniteL2?

• Yes
    • No

Snip.

I have indeed played infinitel2 and do remember War Manager 1v1/2v2/etc

They locked it down to particular time slots to prevent feeding. It was max 3 hours per day in 3 installments just so that GMs could babysit it.

It became very unpopular quickly.

Good luck with your pack anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

i wouldn't recommend to make a faction server and the reasons are the following:

[*]More Time to develop that kind of servers

[*]There are alot of faction servers just like InfiniteL2

On the other side if you think you're sure to start a project like this one go on and good luck..

http://www.scryde.eu/ Take a look at this , on their last wipe when i played it had like 500 ppl or more the first MINUTES. Sadly it died cuz we abused some bugs with adena. That means ppl  like faction servers so its a good idea to make one , just dont choose a prehistorical client only greeks will play

• 2 weeks later...

Well Mr Bleadd,  i'm not a developer or so. But i've been playing for quite a long time now

Developing a faction server now would be a great idea, i've never found another one like Infinitel2, it was like... the only way to experience real pvp on a private server.

Even tho sometimes it was hard cause they were about 15 players with B grade and another 50 players with full gear. about the economy, i was the the kind of player who hates to craft and spoil thingies, so i made my money playing on the 1v1, 2v2 (the bracket system was awesome, perfectly balanced), but after 2 wipes when they added S and S80 items things were alot different, no one joined the 1v1 events, it was quite difficult to participate in the KOTH or capture the flag, because of the people full S80, took me forever to get in A grade gear.

So my suggestion would be, to take as long as you need to develop the server, and remember the little things that people enjoyed from the old infinitel2. Honestly i don't like having S80 and S84 items on a faction server, makes it quite unbalanced, but then again not all the people thinks like i do, so to keep everyone happy, make it with seasons, of 2-3 months, and in each new season, unblock new weapons and sets, S then S80, and so on... and in the last one unblock rb jewels, pvp belts, and etc.

Good luck mate =) (Think about all the people who liked infinitel2 and doesn't know about MxC or this post.)

i wouldn't recommend to make a faction server and the reasons are the following:

[*]More Time to develop that kind of servers

[*]There are alot of faction servers just like InfiniteL2

On the other side if you think you're sure to start a project like this one go on and good luck..

About the 2nd point:

Could you tell me a faction server currently on and alive like InfiniteL2 not  crap-interlude?

About the 2nd point:

Could you tell me a faction server currently on and alive like InfiniteL2 not  crap-interlude?

There is no faction server which functions under the same mechanisms as InfiniteL2. There are that share the theme, but that's it.

The closest there was was the one MiDnEx made a while ago.

I don't think there should be.

There were fundamental flaws on InfiniteL2: adena/exp per kill; stereotypical balance - archers end game > mages; small incentive to play support; no incentive to win the event; some minigames are better than others - dodgeball > elimination. Zombies needed low lag, lvling, debuffs, few others that are a long story...

Dunno why people get that impression...

Chronicle X =/= X balance.

Java is highly interchangeable.

Nuker/Archer imbalance is a fundamental flaw related to how magical and physical damage is calculated.

At high levels and high numbers of matk/patk an increment of patk > matk. Because matk is square rooted. Physical crits are compound.

Who ever designed those formulas did not consider the hypothetical increase to infinity. So you get sht like this. Low level mages > low level archers. High level archers > high level mages.

Also the stupid standard of 28 buffs. Buffs favor physical and physical crit dmg more than magic. Yet every PvP server insists on having every buff available on a character. Dumb crap.

Redo scaling - problem fixed. Just do it smart...