[Guide]Moonlight Sentinel

Story Line

I started this guide mainly because i like this class even if is not played that much.

On low rate servers ppl avoid it because of mp skill missing (comparing with the other 2 archers + 1 crossbower). Regarding pvp servers, most of the ppl think that Elfs aren't that kewl =)

Moonlight Sentinel

Mainly is a fast short range archer with a big chance of criticals because of his hight dex.

Moonlight Sentinel <- Silver Ranger <- Scout <- Elf Fighter.

This is the path you will fallow in your class changes.

Some stats info:

biggest DEX (35  - 1 more than d.elfs)

lowest STR (36)

low CON (36)

biggest WIT (14)

medium  INT (23)

medium MEN (26)

what are this stats for ? well...

STRIncreases amount of physical damage.DEXIncreases attack speed, physical skill speed, accuracy, evasion, critical hit probability, success rate of dagger skills (such as Deadly Blow), shield defense success rate, and movement speed.CONIncreases maximum HP and CP, HP recovery speed, weight limit, underwater breath gauge, shock resistance, and bleeding resistance.INTIncreases damage of magic attacks and success rate of curse spells.WITIncreases chance of magic critical hits, casting speed, resistance to Hold, resistance to curses (such as HP degeneration, decreased HP recovery rate, increased skill re-use time, and decreased effect of heals).MENIncreases magic defense, maximum MP, MP recovery speed, poison resistance, and curse resistance. Decreases probability of magic interruption.To change these ability values, a symbol can be created through the Symbol Maker.

this stats are based on %, this mean if you will add +1 to them, will give u more or less, depending on how much you got on ur basic stats.

i'll not explain you how to add dyes, because this is not a guide for, but i'll let u some links to learn about them.>> Here << how much % give dyes for every class, and some more info. >> Here << full info about what classes can add what dyes, and more concerning about.

Quests

So you created your character ( info >> Here <<, be sure u made it elf fighter )and you entered the world. You will be spawned in Shadow of the Mother Tree, which in our case, is near your home town (Elf Village). Anyway i'll not talk now about how to grow up your character because i did a guide >> Here << , so fallow it.

I'll just add in this one things you may need to do more/pass and things adapted to other chronicles.

First class transfer quest >> Here <<at level 36 ( quest for Gracia Part 2+ chronicles) i suggest you to do this Pailaka Quest because it will give you a nice reward, but more than that you will gain nice experience.

From 36 you will advance to 40 with no problem at it's end but keep in mind to join an academy before.

Pailaka Quests Info >> Here <<in Gracia Part1+ chronicles you will be able finish the second class transfer quest in a shorter way, info >> Here <<

If you are playing a lower chronicle than that, then you will find your quests info >> Here1 << >> Here2 << >> Here3 <<

3rd class change quest at level 76 >> Here3 <<

PVE

Well you got more self buffs compared to other classes (such as: M def, Run speed, P atk, P def, MP decrease for skills) but you have no mp regeneration skills (Pain of Sagittarius - which give you MP by taking you some HP).

So my recommend is to farm in place where you can find mobs that drop herbs, and you will be just fine. This if you don't prefer solo farm.(Wall of Argos, Ketra Outpost, Varka Outpost, Dead Forrest). But be sure that a party will always fit your class better.

PvP

Keep in mind that you got no MP recovery skill, low range but high atk speed (ofc if you buff urself with Rapid Fire - which decrease ur range and increase ur atk speed), pretty good M def and a big chance of criticals.

Don't try to be the "tanker" but use ur "pro's" at maximum, like:  you got big dex+big atk speed = fast skill reuse, which means you will be able to give fast stuns. Use them against those who try to kill ur cardi, or against enemies cardi (why only on them ? because you have no mp recharge skill and we prefer to keep rechargers mp for healers).

Other moves concerning pvp, are those which we all know, such as: move every time because you got passive Acrobatic Move - increase ur evasion while moving and Esprit - increase your MP regen. on the same situation. Also i saw in gracia+ chr. skills deal more dmg (maybe because of the server i played, but i saw this thing on offi files too.... players used more the skills in pvp than simple shots, or maybe because the crit chance is lowered... ) so use skills more in pvp for this chronicles.

Offensive skills

skill0102_0.pngEntangle - Instantly reduces enemy's Speed .

skill0101_0.pngStunning Shot - A stunning blow that inflicts damage to a target with an arrow. Requires a bow.Over-hit is possible.

skill0019_0.pngDouble Shot - Allows two arrows to be fired quickly. Critical hit is possible. Over-hit is possible. Requires a bow.

skill0343_0.pngLethal Shot - Shoots a potentially deadly arrow. Over-hit is possible. Usable when one is equipped with a bow.

skill0354_0.pngHamstring Shot - Inflicts damage to an enemy while reducing their Speed. Critical hit is possible. Requires a bow.

skill0369_0.pngEvade Shot - Inflicts damage to the enemy and instantly increases one's Evasion significantly. Usable when one is equipped with a bow. Over-hit is possible.

skill0772.pngArrow Rain - Rain of arrows falls down from the sky. Available to use when using arrow weapons. Over-hit is possible.

skill0924.pngSeven Arrow - Shot a series of 7 arrows. Available to use when using arrow weapons. Over-hit is possible.

Self Buffs

skill0091_0.pngDefense Aura - Temporarily increases P. Def.  Effect 2.

skill0077_0.pngAttack Aura - Temporarily increases P. Atk. Effect 2.

skill0230_0.pngSprint - Temporarily increases Running Speed. Effect 2.

skill0123_0.pngSpirit Barrier - Temporarily increases M. Def. Effect 2.

skill0415_0.pngSpirit of Sagittarius - Temporarily decrease MP consumption of a physical skill. Effect 3.

skill0303_0.pngSoul of Sagittarius - Temporarily decrease Maximum MP. Effect 4.

skill0416_0.pngBlessing of Sagittarius - Temporarily decrease physical skill's recovery time. Effect 4.

skill0413_0.pngRapid Fire - Temporarily increases Atk Speed and decrease Bow Range . Effect 8.Other Support Skills

skill0058_0.pngElemental Heal - Regenerates HP

skill0334_0.pngFocus Skill Mastery - Significantly increases excellent skill rate triggered by Skill Mastery. Consumes MP continuously.

skill0312_0.pngVicious Stance - Increases critical attack power. MP will be consumed continuously.

skill0256_0.pngAccuracy - Increases Accuracy. Continuously consumes MP.

Equipment

For Gracia + i suggest you to buy common items for jewels/weapons. Also u will see that i suggested you a dagger till lvl 40  because till that lvl you got skills for both weapons, dagger and bow, at the same power and considering your low mana, using a bow will just make you lose time resting (recharge mp). If you don't have money for both weapons to change the bow with the dagger when u got no mana just buy the dagger and you will be just fine. Keep in mind that having a dagger till lvl 70 will help you A LOT.

Level 1-19 No Grade

not an important lvl but the best you can get (only from Dion) is:

Armor:

armor_leather_helmet_i00.png Hard Leather Helmet

armor_t30_u_i00.png Hard Leather Shirt

armor_t30_l_i00.png Hard Leather Gaiters

armor_t30_g_i00.png Bracers

armor_t32_b_i00.png Low Boots

Weapon:

weapon_composition_bow_i00.png Composite Bow

weapon_sword_breaker_i00.png Sword Breaker

Jewels:

accessary_blue_diamond_necklace_i00.png Blue Diamond Necklace

accessary_coral_earing_i00.png Coral Earring

accessary_blue_coral_ring_i00.png Blue Coral Ring

level 20-39 D Grade

again not really important but the best you can get (with the help of blacksmith of mammon by paying some ancient adena) as for the armor there is something better but i find the time lost more importan than the time you will use this armor.

Armor:

armor_leather_helmet_i00_0.png Brigadine Helmet

armor_t42_u_i00_0.png Manticore Skin Shirt

armor_t42_l_i00_0.png Manticore Skin Gaiters

armor_t42_g_i00.png Manticore Skin Gloves

armor_t42_b_i00_0.png Manticore Skin Boots

Weapon:

weapon_cyclone_bow_i00.png Light Crossbow

weapon_mithril_dagger_i00.png Mthril Dagger

Jewels:

accessary_elven_necklace_i00.png Elven Necklace

accessary_elven_earing_i00.png Elven Earring

accessary_elven_ring_i00.png Elven Ring

level 40-51 C Grade

Armor:

armor_leather_helmet_i00_0.png Full Plate Helmet

armor_t47_u_i00_0.png Plated Leather

armor_t47_l_i00_0.png Plated Leather Gaiters

armor_t62_g_i00.png Full Plate Gauntlets

armor_t47_b_i00_0.png Plated Leather Boots

Weapon:

weapon_eminence_bow_i01.png Eminence Bow (Cheap Shot)

weapon_dark_screamer_i01.png Dark Screamer (Focus)

Jewels:

accessary_necklace_of_binding_i00.png Nassen's Necklace

accessary_nassens_earing_i00.png Nassen's Earring

accessary_ring_of_binding_i00.png Nassen's Ring

level 52-60 B Grade

Doom Light is a really good armor for offensive status compared to Blue Wolf Light which give you defensive bonuses. The only problem is that you will need to choose open field zones where mobs drop herbs because the armor give no mana regen like Blue Wolf and this problem will affect your farm a lot...

If you don't have enough money for a B armor, use Plated Leather.... it will do the "thing".

Armor:

armor_leather_helmet_i00_0.png Doom Helmet

armor_t72_ul_i00_0.png Leather Armor Of Doom

armor_t72_b_i00_0.png Doom Gloves - Light Armor

armor_t68_g_i00_0.png Boots Of Doom - Light Armor

Weapon:

weapon_hazard_bow_i01.png Bow of Peril (Quick Recovery)

weapon_kris_i01.png Kris (Focus)

Jewels:

accessary_necklace_of_black_ore_i00.png Necklace of Black Ore

accessary_earing_of_black_ore_i00.png Earring of Black Ore

accessary_ring_of_black_ore_i00.png Ring of Black Ore

level 61-75 A Grade

Its obvious that you may not have money for Shyeed's Bow, so there is no problem in choosing Soul Bow (Quick Recovery). At this lvl armor depend on ur style, Majestic for +STR and a bit of more def. , Dark Crystal for +DEX.

You can also choose Tallum Heavy too (INSANE atk speed, believe me... but insane loosing mp)

Armor:

armor_helmet_i00_0.png Dark Crystal Helmet

armor_t75_u_i00_0.png Dark Crystal Leather Armor

armor_t75_l_i00_0.png Dark Crystal Leggings

armor_t75_g_i00_0.png Dark Crystal Gloves - Light Armor

armor_t75_b_i00_0.png Dark Crystal Boots - Light Armor

Weapon:

weapon_shyid_bow_i01.png Shyeed's Bow (Focus)

weapon_bloody_orchid_i01.png Bloody Orchid (Focus)

Jewels:

accessary_inferno_necklace_i00.png Majestic Necklace

accessary_inferno_earing_i00.png Majestic Earring

accessary_inferno_ring_i00.png Majestic Ring

level 76-79 S Grade

If you dont have money for armor, keep collecting adena for S80 and use ur A grade.

Armor:

armor_leather_helmet_i00_0.png Draconic Leather Helmet

armor_t89_ul_i00_0.png Draconic Leather Armor

armor_t89_g_i00_0.png Draconic Leather Gloves

armor_t89_b_i00_0.png Draconic Leather Boots

Weapon:

weapon_draconic_bow_i01.png Draconic Bow (Focus)

Jewels:

accessory_tateossian_necklace_i00.png Tateossian Necklace

accessory_tateossian_earring_i00.png Tateossian Earring

accessory_tateossian_ring_i00.png Tateossian Ring

level 80-83 S80 Grade

Because Moirai appeared in Freya you will choose Dynasty till that chronicle.

Armor:

armor_leather_helmet_i00_0.png Moirai Leather Helmet

armor_t101_u_i00_0.png Moirai Leather Breastplate

armor_t101_l_i00_0.png Moirai Leather Legging

armor_t101_g_i00_0.png Moirai Leather Gloves

armor_t101_b_i00_0.png Moirai Leather Boots

Weapon:

weapon_icarus_spiter_i01.png Icarus Spitter (Focus)

Jewels:

accessary_bluelycan_necklace_i00_0.png Moirai Necklace

accessary_bluelycan_earring_i00_0.png Moirai Earring

accessary_bluelycan_ring_i00_0.png Moirai Ring

level 84+ S84 Grade

Armor:

armor_leather_helmet_i00_0.png Vesper Leather Helmet

armor_t95_u_i00_0.png Vesper Leather Breastplate

armor_t95_l_i00_0.png Vesper Leather Legging

armor_t95_g_i00_0.png Vesper Leather Gloves

armor_t95_b_i00_0.png Vesper Leather Boots

Weapon:

weapon_vesper_thrower_i01.png Vesper Thrower (Focus)

Jewels:

vesper_necklace_i00.png Vesper Necklace

vesper_earring_i00.png Vesper Earring

vesper_ring_i00.png Vesper Ring

Regarding the above items, try to get the "Chaos" ones which will give you more bonuses per part of the set.

Epic items

If you got access to them.

Armor:

armor_leather_helmet_i00_0.png Elegia Leather Helmet

armor_t98_u_i00_0.png Elegia Leather Breastplate

armor_t98_l_i00_0.png Elegia Leather Legging

armor_t98_g_i00_0.png Elegia Leather Gloves

armor_t98_b_i00_0.png Elegia Leather Boots

Jewels:

accessory_necklace_of_valakas_i00_0.png Necklace Of Valakas

accessory_earring_of_zaken_i00_0.png Zaken's Earring

accessory_earring_of_antaras_i00_0.png Earring Of Antharas

accessory_ring_of_baium_i00_0.pngRing Of Baium

accessory_ring_of_queen_ant_i00_0.png Ring Of Queen Ant

Dyes

For Majestic (at A gr)

+Str -Con (4)

For Dark Crystal (at A gr) but in general too

+Dex - Con (2)

For Farm

+Str -Con (4)+Dex -Con (2)

Atributes

For Hellbound+ chronicles

Weapon

etc_fire_stone_i00.pngFire

Armor till Freya

etc_holy_stone_i00.pngHoly

etc_unholy_stone_i00.pngDark

etc_water_stone_i00.pngWater

etc_wind_stone_i00.pngWind

etc_earth_stone_i00.pngEarth

Armor after Freya

Try to get as much different atributes as you can, since now you can put 3 different types on the same piece of the item. Keep in mind that i did not played archers that much, nor newer chronicles... im kinda newbie in attribute system, but this is what i tested, used and heard.

Triggers (subclass skills)

Emergent Ability

skill0141_0.png Physical Damage x3

Class-Specific Ability skills

skill1086_0.png Counter Haste - From Warrior Subclass - 3% chance to increase Atk.Spd. when attacking

skill1418_0.png  Counter Barrier - From Enchanter Subclass - 3% chance to become temporarily invincible to damage (but not debuffs) when under attack

skill0110_0.png Counter Defense - From Tank Subclass - 3% chance to increase P.Def and M.Def when under attackInstead of last 2, you can choose Great Physical Offense and Critical Rate (if you think ur triggers have too low rate).

Skills Enchantment

doubleshot.jpg

Double Shot

Mainly you will enchant it on Power, but for gracia+ you will enchant it on the attribute you use on your weapon.

elementalheal.jpgElemental HealCost just because you may need it in oly where your mana is very precious.

entangle.jpgEntagleChance.

soulofsagittarius.jpgSoul of SagittariusAdd Defense.

stunshot.jpgStun ShotChance.

skill0402_0.pngArestenchant it on chance.

ultimateevasion.jpgUltimate EvasionTime.

viciousstance.jpgVicious StancePower.

skill0256_0.pngAccuracyCost.

End word

I hope this guide will atract more ppl to this class and if i did some mistakes, please correct me, i'll edit it and also try to improve it in the future.

Credits, oh sheesh fully me but ofc... thanks to pmfun/stratics.

-Sido.

why u put fire on weap, holy is better...

atrib on wep holy + dance of light + holy wep and QQ pew pew

also for certs i prefer haste/spirit/barrier

and also a dance for dark resistance and because of the above reason given by rosalie, which mean a lot of ppl using light => a lot of ppl will use dark on their armor your light will not be that "DIFFERENT" .

beside this, if i don't remember wrong in iop mobs got low resistance on fire so... better farm in a solo zone = great xp which is kinda good sometimes.

Reading this guide makes SR nice and playable class. >:D Gj!

i appreciate.