[Disscussion][H5][New l2 server] Give a minute, or two of Your time!

SrbIN

What rates would u like?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What rates would u like?

... so that makes a good server?

Or better yet, the mystical badass files?

Are people still so blind?

Instead of making the same replies on all topics I've seen so far.

What do you say, you don't post any nonsense and gtfo from here? I'm warning you.

You haven't seen anything, so don't talk crap.

1st warning.

2nd warning will be a report to a moderator.

dude fuck those 5/10/15/20/25x servers.. ppls are borred from this farming.. I prefer to farm in 1x than in 25x.. the difference is little and there is no sence.. bether play in 1x, make adena and sell it or play in 50+ mid/high rate and pvp.. there is no sence to farm in 20x for nothink..

dude -beep- those 5/10/15/20/25x servers.. ppls are borred from this farming.. I prefer to farm in 1x than in 25x.. the difference is little and there is no sence.. bether play in 1x, make adena and sell it or play in 50+ mid/high rate and pvp.. there is no sence to farm in 20x for nothink..

There will be 3 servers.

Low/Mid/Pvp

We just need to see opinions.

You haven't seen anything, so don't talk crap.

1st warning.

2nd warning will be a report to a moderator.

You are implying that you will present something I haven't seen before. But you won't - you clearly state in your first post the only thing you are asking for is rates. You made a freaking poll for it. You also say that people get bored without GM events.  :poker face:

You imply that a server will succeed if there are no donations.

THEN you suggest that to run the first server you will make ANOTHER server WITH donations.  :you serious?:

So you will have servers competing with one another? On the same network? What will make people play on the second server AND donate?

So you make topic with such content, and then say that my posts are crap.  :not bad:

Before you issue warnings, sort out YOUR OWN nonsense. You are making a joke out of yourself for someone who is considering opening a server. I reply with the same thing because it is a genuine PROBLEM.

You gonna report me to a moderator for a discussion? Go ahead.

You are implying that you will present something I haven't seen before. But you won't - you clearly state in your first post the only thing you are asking for is rates. You made a freaking poll for it. You also say that people get bored without GM events.  :poker face:

You imply that a server will succeed if there are no donations.

THEN you suggest that to run the first server you will make ANOTHER server WITH donations.  :you serious?:

So you will have servers competing with one another? On the same network? What will make people play on the second server AND donate?

So you make topic with such content, and then say that my posts are crap.  :not bad:

Before you issue warnings, sort out YOUR OWN nonsense. You are making a joke out of yourself for someone who is considering opening a server. I reply with the same thing because it is a genuine PROBLEM.

You gonna report me to a moderator for a discussion? Go ahead.

You're putting it in wrong order.

There's gonna be a moneymaker server which will pay the ''bills'', Sherlock.

Lower rate server wont have any donations, except nickname changes and color titles.

Donate coins will be able to obtain through weekly events, which means everyone can be a ''donator''.

I haven't pointed out the full plan, just asking about damn rates.

I've mentioned about files and about 2 another things, which u misunderstood.

*regrets the moment*

You're putting it in wrong order.

There's gonna be a moneymaker server which will pay the ''bills'', Sherlock.

Lower rate server wont have any donations, except nickname changes and color titles.

Donate coins will be able to obtain through weekly events, which means everyone can be a ''donator''.

I haven't pointed out the full plan, just asking about damn rates.

I've mentioned about files and about 2 another things, which u misunderstood.

*regrets the moment*

Ok, elaborate what changes happen for the order I put things in to the order you put things in?

I am not saying you make server A first and then X months later open server B.

I am saying that having a server with donations contradicts your mission you presented us in the first place - to create a server succeeding due to no donations.

How will your server with donations live, to sustain your server without donations.

How will the server with donations sustain itself? Will it have another server with bigger donations? Or will it sustain itself? So a single server must sustain a MIN of 2 servers.

So that server, which ever it may be, must have revenue. For it to have that, it must be attractive to players, so that they play and invest into it. Even all sustainability bullsh1t aside - you still contradict yourself - if you make a server which CAN bring that revenue - it will already be more successful than whatever you are planning.

TL;DR - You are aiming to make a successful server without donations. This requires a successful server WITH donations. The first cannot exist without the last because you have rent. For 2 servers. If the second is THAT good, then there is no need for the first.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just because you asked -

Yes, CB services are awesome, regardless of rates. It doesn't have to be GK/Shop. Maybe oly matches. There is no particular reason why you shouldnt be able to go to oly from outside of town. With obvious restrictions to prevent exploitation, namely on demand teleportation out of fights. So perhaps no usage in combat. No teleportation if flagged, etc.

Rates - doesn't matter. But there is less reason to make anything between 5x-infinity. There are SOME lovers of 15-60x, but they don't understand what they want. You are opening a server for gods sake - you have to be smarter than asking people for their opinions. They will murder your server by asking for a mid rate which will die due to lack of action, interaction between players.

An ongoing problem for me in this game is the lack of things I and My clan can own and be proud of the effort we put into it. Castles are mostly useless.

Another thing is cowardice in PvP.

How you attend these are up to you. I proposed in another thread systems attainable by clans which they can use to gain profits and control markets and other services like teleportation.

Fixing PvP is psychological. Players no longer believe in chivalry. They just want to win. So maybe remove the cheasiest, most stupid ways one can win something.

For example winning frintezza - if frintezza is instanced and only a certain a-beep-t of parties are allowed (dunno if this is retail or not) it becomes crap. People drop clan wars to avoid PvP and rush to GK to get to the boss, opposition cannot fight back due to risk of PKing non warred enemies.

What a lot of devs are doing is leaving the game as it is. The terrible thing about it is that this game is farm. Beyond that there is very little meta game - raidbosses, oly (value of Castles is minimal). That's why servers die - there is nothing to do.

Brah, take it easy.

Seriously, I don't have time to read the whole post.

I'll do it other day, now I'm back to what I'm doing.

Peace

EDIT: Something wrong with forum, couldn't modify it, so I posted a new post.

Brah, take it easy.

Seriously, I don't have time to read the whole post.

I'll do it other day, now I'm back to what I'm doing.

Peace

EDIT:

I've read your post.

I agree with most things you've said back there.

The thing with asking, isn't bad. As you've seen we can make 3 servers.

Two of those 3 servers will have donations, for the reason of paying the machine's cost.

Back to the topic, why I ask the players.

There are lots of servers, maybe not even worth to download their system. People are confused, as you've said. They don't know what they want to play.

If the majority asks 50x, I'll make a 70x. It's the theory of chaos, not logic.

I haven't mentioned anything which will be included in the gameplay of those servers.

Low/Mid servers are made to grind, pvp servers are made to grind 2h max and get equip.

I've got a lot of ideas, how to *DAT*.

I'm one of those players who hate griding and love the reward from pvps. I'll focus on pvp system more then pve.

If you've got anything else to add feel free, I'll be checking the topic now and then.

Thought you're just a post farmer, that's why I reacted like that.

Peace

Let me clarify even further, and for your own sake, last time, otherwise you are likely wasting your own time and money (don't wonder why I care):

The problem with making a server without donations, sustained with a server that DOES have donations is tied with your impression that a server without donations appeals to players MORE than the server with them in the first place.

A server with donations that can sustain itself and your other server, will, by natural selection and design be superior to the one without donations, simply because it appeals to players to begin with, to create revenue. Otherwise it wouldn't have enough revenue. This can't be contradicted in long term, which is what you should be aiming for to begin with.

In short term, out of all players on your donation server may have one person who will pay just enough for 2 server once, maybe by luck or generosity, twice. Then that server will be dead, redundant. You will get bad reputation - a person invested his money into your server, but it wasn't worth it, it is dead. Why is it dead? It's not question of why, but why not - if it is not dead, then the server is healthy, has loads of players, and some quantity of these players donate, without making others leave, and they do it regularly. If this server has loads of players, do you really expect your other server to have a good a-beep-t of players or to even HAVE to have a good a-beep-t players? It's pointless.

Of course you could do it just for the sakes of doing it, but it being done, existing, doesn't mean it will be played. One has to be superior. Either the donation server, or the non donation server. If it's the first, the second can't sustain both. Of it's the second, the first is pointless.

Chaos is random. But even what you are doing is less random, than it is in fact following what most people did. I am wrong about this in the occasion that you truly present more than custom NPCs, CB, GM events and active GMs.

A solid thing to consider is non permanent donation items. As time passes, donated items churn out of the economy, either because they are time limited, or simply consumables. Permanent gear is attractive, but it turns your server into a money milking machine whether you intend it or not, as gear is a one time purchase.

Do not allow donations to turn character interaction to a stand still.

I am pointing this out because you don't need a server to run without donations to be good, and is therefore a bad measure of success. Your job doesn't have to be to impress players with no donations - instead convince them that your donations are very much fair.

P.S. I don't feel offended by what you say. People have different opinions - that's fine by me.  Opinions are different, but not all opinions represent truth. Truth has one side - and arguing about things is what makes our comprehension of the situation progress into truth.

And yeah, I can't stop writing walls of texts. The topic is big and vague. I could wish you good luck, but these words wouldn't hold much weight if you understand the situation L2 is in. Which is why I am in this, and many other topics.

I must create new poll topic. ( Which I wont do )

But I saw one thing. People looking for PvP servers mostly. Most of them voted for 25x and most of them commented about HR servers.

So, my guessing is the following.

We'll open a mid-high servers.

Something between x100-x200

Thanks everyone who voted/posted and who'll join the server in the future.

Peace!

i cant vote anymore, but it will be awesome to have a high rate server there are alot of low rate and mid rate servers but there is not that much hi5.

if you want for any support contact me!