[How to] Update to Latest rev without losing data files

soublakias

Question

Hello..I have a problem about updating to last revision....

The steps i did are :

1)opened eclipse and updated to to head gameserver and datapack and

2)i made a build out of each...

and now i don't know what to do...i suppose i have to c/p all the files????

(but if i do that i will loose all htmls i edited in my server..so i don't know what to do :/)

P.S. i searched the internet a lot but everyone said about the things i already know and did (step 1,2) ...

Any help would be appreciated..Thank you in advance..:P

P.S. I use l2jfrozen pack rev.961

6 answers to this question

It depends of the range of version - bigger is the difference, higher is the probably to have mutiple files edited, and so either config, external jars, etc.

Read their timeline.

the truth is before updating to rev.961 i had rev.958 so there are some files that they uploaded but i am asking what am i supposed to do after building the revision....

look..i have edited many html of the files that i had with rev.958 and i don't want to lose them with copy/paste...i just want to update the files of my server without losing the already edited npc's...so what i do???i copy/paste one by one each file they updated till rev.961 or i copy/paste all the files and as a coinsidence i will lose all my wdited html's?????

that's what i am asking.......... :(

- Use Synchronize option and fix "collisions" (i don't find the proper term lol).

- Use diff patch system, dl a diff patch of each missing rev from Frozne timeline and apply them.

In any way, and if you haven't made it already use your own SVN to save your work and to retrieve it in case you hard fail.

You can also ask on their own forums.

i asked their forum and they told me to c/p only one file called "l2jfrozen.jar" from build-core into my own files and tha datapack files manually....is this trully the best way????

As I said it depends of the changes, but yes, this is the main thing to edit. If configs, data or external libraries are edited, you will have to change too.