Reputation system is overrated

Raule

u acknowledge that if you have to use rep system more often and more freely  then the moderators warning system must go more strict 8)

it is

warn

(dekarma)

ban

You are complaining this forum is lacking of shares( yes it does) ye but why should their share since you give them reputation just for a share that must brought from Mars to get a reputation!? Check big forums, all users can rep/thanks a user for a share(ye they decide by their own will if the share deserves a reputation + and not like here by some invisible requirements asked by a 1 week old moderator)

as i said, check here

http://maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?action=ownkarma;u=66022

in my point of view

Positive Rep is awarded for anything with positive reaction in public(restore,share,freeware,assist,reports,good will etc)

Negative Karma is for preventing users roaming wild,trolls,flaming,abusing their privileges and acts like reputation factor more than share meter.

i didnt even go offtopic.you just didnt get my point.How can the mod group(i dont mean the veteran mode mods like me or wrd or you) act if there are users for example with +25 roam the forum and every forum like they want?.smite them with -1?ok np it ll go +24 nothing happened. i dont find your idea bad and i dont have ANY problem perform it even from today.but you ll have to aknowledge that we ll have to be more strict in abuses,reports,already reported members etc

u acknowledge that if you have to use rep system more often and more freely  then the moderators warning system must go more strict 8)

it is

warn

(dekarma)

ban

Gmods should have done this already. When we warn someone and he does it again and we go to -1 him , "you" not personally generally go and give him back his karma. There's no way of punishment on this forum especially to Donator & VIP members and we know it. Also if he goes -1 and he continues reacting the same there's NO ban. He is just logging in untouched & with his karmas restored.

in my point of view

Positive Rep is awarded for anything with positive reaction in public(restore,share,freeware,assist,reports,good will etc)

Negative Karma is for preventing users roaming wild,trolls,flaming,abusing their privileges and acts like reputation factor more than share meter.

i didnt even go offtopic.you just didnt get my point.How can the mod group(i dont mean the veteran mode mods like me or wrd or you) act if there are users for example with +25 roam the forum and every forum like they want?.smite them with -1?ok np it ll go +24 nothing happened. i dont find your idea bad and i dont have ANY problem perform it even from today.but you ll have to aknowledge that we ll have to be more strict in abuses,reports,already reported members etc

HackForums . Why do you think that forum has SO MANY donators?SO MANY people?SO MANY shares?Cause, apart from its amazing marketplace, their reputation system is DA BOMB.Only donators can increase/decrease someone's rep when they either don't like the member or like it.

And you know what?There's no problem to that freedom at all.Everything is running perfectly and there are members that have 1k reputation +

Raule's suggestion is the same as the one I've made a couple of months ago.People paid for their VIP and you don't even allow them to use the reputation system.

Don't tell me that they've got the unhiding priv, cause no more shares worths hiding anymore.

By the way apart from the rep system, Maxtor could also install a Warning Level mod which ONLY MODERATORS can have access to it.So, when someone's warning level reaches 100%, they can be banned.