How much does a L2OFF server costs ?

BroziI

If  your planning on just making a for fun server with a few hundred people on it I wouldn't worry too much about DDOS, If someone seriously DDOS your server what can you do? Just don't piss off the wrong people.... keep your server donation free as much as possible and keep costs down, keep your head low and thats it.

I was thinking of running a small for fun server for a few hundred people, you know setting up a nice simple PvP server with easy farming where people can just log in and pvp without the BS that most servers make people do.... its just a pain in the ass and you need a lot of people to help you out otherwise the server will never get out there and you will just endup wasting time / money.

Start off with L2j (they are actually pretty good nowadays ) to keep costs low... then when you feel your ready move on to L2 - Off... L2 - Off is going to be a little picky with the hardware also.

I have setup small servers for friends (l2 - off / L2j) , most of the leaked L2 - Off server files are crap (last I checked ) and the private stuff (the stuff that actually is playable with 2k+ people ) is usually priced out of range for most people looking to host anything.

Very hard to run a server without constant donations etc... unless you can afford a few thousand dollars a year on hosting.

I would say 70% of the servers on L2 - top 200 are hosted on low quality/cheap servers/ at home.

• 3 weeks later...