skill restriction item

shawshaw

Question

anyone know about skill restriction outside peacezone? and add it into an item...

example: if this item is with the AIO Buffer char, this buffer cannot use all skills outside peace zone... sorry if ever im in wrong section, and thanks in advance if someone dare to help/share.. peace.. anyway i saw this kind of restriction from L2OFF, where AIO BUFFER CHARACTER cannot use thier skills outside peace zone..

yea i copied if (isDead () || isInvul blablabla and made it like this whats your problem and this is more faster than make all this for skills etc etc but not good cause is on pcinstance so what? If you are so pro share with him a patch instead to criticize my code

I don't criticize your code, I don't wanna be smartass or smith like that. I just posted my idea to understand a better way.

btw what about using AccessLevel? if i give a char accesslevel example 5,then that char with accesslevel 5, will no longer can use any skill outside peace zone.. because i have a delevel manager with xp toggle, and change a player accesslevel to 20.. hhmmmm..

btw what about using AccessLevel? if i give a char accesslevel example 5,then that char with accesslevel 5, will no longer can use any skill outside peace zone.. because i have a delevel manager with xp toggle, and change a player accesslevel to 20.. hhmmmm..

take as example the code above and just add the acceslevel method

Easy one find doCast and doAttack on pcinstance... on ADD_ZONE add your forbitten zones

{

if (isAio ()  || isInsideZone(ADD_ZONE))

|| isInsideZone(ADD_ZONE))

activeChar.sendMessage("Aio cant cast skill outside towns");

return false;

}

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to say.

if ( isAio || isInsideZone(ADD_ZONE) || .. )
    activeChar.sendMessage("...");
return false;

It seems like if the character is an Aio OR if he is inside a zone he can buff, and if he is the Aio he'll be able to buff disregardless of the zone.

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to say.

if ( isAio || isInsideZone(ADD_ZONE) || .. )
    activeChar.sendMessage("...");
return false;

It seems like if the character is an Aio OR if he is inside a zone he can buff, and if he is the Aio he'll be able to buff disregardless of the zone.

if you say me how much zones are exist except peace zone i will fix my 1st code (mine still works )

[tt][/tt]The easiest solution both in terms of thinking or in term of applying, is to restrict item itself.

Btw about the "I'm only a...", personally I stopped school at 20 years (instead of 18y, after 2 years of fail school). School means nothing, nor your professionnal status. I'm near 25y old, never worked, and stopped school at 20y. I'm not Java engineer or even informatic something. I "leanrt" L2J on the fly, around 1,5 year ago without opening a single book about Java.

You ask a code which is 2 lines long. I gave where you must put (3rd time, itemhandler) and code itself. Putting it in itemhandler directly, you only need a zone restriction (which I shared), nothing more. All others methods (accesslevels, wtf) will need more checks.

You still didn't post any code so far, so for me it's my final post on that thread.

Regards,

Tk.

PS : Malzahax code is obviously wrong  (replace || for && and put all zones in a ( ) ) and made for general item uses. Don't need any check on isAio if you put check directly on the itemhandler.

PS2 : Learn how to use Eclipse search tool, and search for "itemhandler". This is your best friend after Google.

if you say me how much zones are exist except peace zone i will fix my 1st code (mine still works )

I don't mean to be rude but I'm not actually sure you know what you're talking about. The code you posted isn't even syntactically correct and:

http://www.cafeaulait.org/course/week2/45.html

|| is a logical OR operator, meaning, in the code you posted, if any of those conditions are true then whatever is inside the conditional block is triggered. In this case of this check, the isAio() will always return true and the statement will always evaluate to true.

I don't mean to be rude but I'm not actually sure you know what you're talking about. The code you posted isn't even syntactically correct and:

http://www.cafeaulait.org/course/week2/45.html

|| is a logical OR operator, meaning, in the code you posted, if any of those conditions are true then whatever is inside the conditional block is triggered. In this case of this check, the isAio() will always return true and the statement will always evaluate to true.

ops i got pwned :D i need more practice its obvious