[Question] Pack suggestion for an Interlude Server?

Eimanto

Question

By continuing this Question... http://maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=202367.0

BoDiE2003 post:

Fellows,

I would like to know what you recommend with facts for an Interlude Server, retail most (hopefully) working, with few custom, for a 100x pvp server.

Thank you!

So what you would suggest?;] Type would be PVP. (Rates at about 1000x, no customs)

14 answers to this question

Interlude packs are not stable except few private projects. You will always find bugs in free open-source packs

It's a way that developers earn money. Feels like developers leave some mistakes on purpose to sell fixes to people...

Imo i will buy a pack for my server, with fixes, it will save me a lot of time;]

Take care, some privates are even crappier than some publics.

Don't believe their marketing, and ask to test if possible.

Which most are. Just because a project is private doesn't mean that the people developing it are any smarter then then ones developing it in public.

I would check out aCis if I were you. Im using it right now and I like it alot.

http://acis.i-live.eu/index.php

l2jacis best choice. clean/retail like focused, Tryskell is doing a good job on it

But there is a one critical bug, and because of that bug, there are no live servers yet using this pack. About the bug :

You have to stop to move in order to see others ppls and npcs.

It came when I refactored L2Character positioning, and it's not a report from anyone, I commited it knowing the issue (I prefer to say instead of hear "failed pack").

From the moment you have the control of what you are doing, there is no real problems. The real problem would be to discover a bug and you have no idea where to search in the code in order to correct it (like packets issues, which are pretty hard to handle because of the lack of infos and possibilities of debug). This is definitively not the case.

I didn't bother until now, but it will have to be corrected before or around skills refactor end.

But there is a one critical bug, and because of that bug, there are no live servers yet using this pack. About the bug :

I was talking with him online last night and he was saying that he had fixed it. The update should be posted this weekend sometime. All he had to do was test it.

I was talking with him online last night and he was saying that he had fixed it. The update should be posted this weekend sometime. All he had to do was test it.

Great news! Lets wait his huge commits haha.

But there is a one critical bug, and because of that bug, there are no live servers yet using this pack.

When you got the role of the black raven saying only catastrophic things, I play the white dove's one and spread happiness, youth and erm... that's already good. :).

The fact there is currently no live server is because I refactor skills. It's a long work, and no one will dare to make a live server without SAs / armor sets bonus. Even if it equals to c/p an XML and write "//reload skills".

Still, we got now a test server thanks to BoDiE.

Okay, I stop to offtopic now :).

----

As I can't vote for myself, cause it's stupid to promote itself, I suggest Frozen. After all, they got some parts of my work :P.

When you got the role of the black raven saying only catastrophic things, I play the white dove's one and spread happiness, youth and erm... that's already good. :).

The fact there is currently no live server is because I refactor skills. It's a long work, and no one will dare to make a live server without SAs / armor sets bonus. Even if it equals to c/p an XML and write "//reload skills".

Still, we got now a test server thanks to BoDiE.

Okay, I stop to offtopic now :).

----

As I can't vote for myself, cause it's stupid to promote itself, I suggest Frozen. After all, they got some parts of my work :P.

Im not only saying the bad things, but i say facts;]

Omg live test server sounds nice;]