[Guide] Thunder Lightning effect ~ Photoshop

[kZ]^ZeR0*

Hello m8s! this is my first post/tutorial/guide on this forum and i'm gonna show you how to create a lightning/thunder effect inside Photoshop - easy and fast!

1) create a new image file (recommended 500x400).

2) hit the Gradient Tool [(shortcut is G) else-ways its the twelve-th icon (horizontally)].

3) make it starting with black and ending with white.

4) pull a line [(horizontal gives a vertical thunder)(vertical gives a horizontal thunder)]

5) at the menu choose Filter->Render->Difference Clouds (you see that the image changes and makes a thunder shape)

6) hit CTRL+I (brightens your image)

7) go to the menu and choose Image->Adjustments->Levels

8 ) you see 5 text boxes  at the one which is up left type 137, at the middle type 0.10 & at the top right type 255 (default), then hit OK! (our image takes shape!)

9) Pre-final step-> hit CTRL+U -> check the box 'Colorize' // choose hue, lightness & saturation-> hit ok!

10) FINAL-> hit save and you are done! you have created a thunder/lightning in photoshop in just 10 EASY steps!

Credits to me for posting/writing the guide. I learned how to do it from ooglewindowblinds.com .

PS: THIS ISN'T A COPY OF THE TOPIC I READ!

thanks guys. at this moment im running on a netbook when i get back on my tower-pc im gonna share some pics and a refresh version of the tutorial.(and maybe a video ;))

^ZeR0*" post="1671399" timestamp="1298651740"]

thanks guys. at this moment im running on a netbook when i get back on my tower-pc im gonna share some pics and a refresh version of the tutorial.(and maybe a video ;))

Looking forward for them.