[Discussion] Bot detection with Neural Networks.

Well what did u thought ? ha i could of just simply started wpe pro and look for the packets containing the keys xD but u gave me an idea.. each 5 bytes segments to get a key..

Anyway u can protect ur code fairly easy u can chose to spend some cash on a good obfuscator or get to compile with ur own specific algorithm or binary compilation and so on.

Also alot of ppl lack knowledge to bypass such a thing specially lineage 2.. if it was world of warcraft however the story would of been different :P

Depending on stupidity is a very very bad programming practice.

Okay, so you use public key to encrypt client -> server and server -> client packets. Yet if you want (and yes, you have no choice) to decrypt received packets, the client/launcher still has to have the private key. That means anyone can stumble upon it and start injecting packets and doing other bs on your server.

Also, if you are thinking that assembly programmers are rare nowadays: think again.

MxC Forum IQ just did skyrock :D..

interesting Idea, did understand it mostly. i was amazed what kind of people actually trolling this forum ;). hope i can Compete in the future ..

• 1 month later...

Really interesting research...My diploma thesis was in Neural Networks of Kohonen (Self Organizing Maps) and i am really surprised to see a use of them in Lineage2.We could use neural networks with supervised learning so we set a standard of what we expect from our program-algorithm to make for us.For example we can set as a standard the time that a particular skill is been used and if our neural algorithm-program finds out that this skill is been used mathematically every X seconds and for X repeats but with the absolute same time, then the player automatically disconnects and gets an IP ban.The neural network as it is trained and gives feedback it becomes better and better with the time...

Really interesting research...My diploma thesis was in Neural Networks of Kohonen (Self Organizing Maps) and i am really surprised to see a use of them in Lineage2.We could use neural networks with supervised learning so we set a standard of what we expect from our program-algorithm to make for us.For example we can set as a standard the time that a particular skill is been used and if our neural algorithm-program finds out that this skill is been used mathematically every X seconds and for X repeats but with the absolute same time, then the player automatically disconnects and gets an IP ban.The neural network as it is trained and gives feedback it becomes better and better with the time...

You can setup from l2walker or l2net what skills you want to be used first or last any player setup differents skills... so its useless... also if the character is archer? or even he dont use skills only atack?

The only thing you can do is to secure your java part... is not 100% secured but at last you have some...

for sure u wont have any success here on mxc with a topic of such content simply becouse this community is retarded(kids and really stupid ppl) what u feed them, they will eat.

That true, mxch is a kid place, that you are a kid-stiuped-mch member is true too... that we are all nabs here is true...

-------------------

im really suprized with this one... (Mr "i know all")

And for detecting bots.. wouldn't it be simpler  to make an launcher killing processes and communicating with xor encrypted packets? or simply look for specific bot behaviors in packets?

there is nothing to say about it.... it says all.. ^^....