DDOS Protection ??

antonio102030

Question

There is some protection for DDOS attack (DOS)?

Cisco) not stand

moreover is there any more?

Fire Well) Still goin past attacks.

If anyone here has or knows of Maxcheaters please pass me Thanks.

10 answers to this question

Tons depending on the situation.

Unfourtunately you'll need to understand your situation, how networking works and how the attack is done.

Such as, is the traffic posing as legitimate traffic? is it from a single source?

and son on.

Well i have to say that the Software protection is a bit useless for DDoS i recommend you getting a hardware protection.

that depends entirely on availeble resources.

if traffic can be identified at OS/Application level and there's enough resources, why bother?

DDoS is not something automatic, people are always behind it, so ppl that are used to do it, will know what to and bypass it, i think they scan the targets before doing anything.

Excuse my ignorance, but am new to the area, but AmpeDx64.dll protects against that type of attack? Or not protect?

A filter is not exactly a firewall.

Here's a little lesson for all the kids in l2j and l2off and the ddos protection that extenders provide.

Imagine you have a tunnel that fits 2 cars at a time per second.

If you send down 4 cars to it a second, we get a traffic jam, or a "denial of service" for the tunnel.

If we however put up some police and check/stop before the tunnel that rejects cars made in america, we might however cut down the traffic to 2 cars a second.

However again, if we then get 6 cars, and the police/check/stop can only filter half or 2 cars - we again have a block.

No matter how much you put infront of that tunnel, it can be blocked and ddos can occur.

The difference is where it occurs.

If your machine has 59435094054 ram, and you use 10000.

There's no reason not to reject and control the traffic at your server - wether network level, Windows/os level or even in l2server/extender.

Sameway if you buy a super duper cisco firewall, with an amazingly fast cpu and a throughput of 500 Mbit.

If someone sends 1000 mbit - the cisco dies and so does your tunnel(l2server).

There will always be a bottle neck.

Here's a little lesson for all the kids in l2j and l2off and the ddos protection that extenders provide.

If you send down 4 cars to it a second, we get a traffic jam, or a "denial of service" for the tunnel.

If we however put up some police and check/stop before the tunnel that rejects cars made in america, we might however cut down the traffic to 2 cars a second.

However again, if we then get 6 cars, and the police/check/stop can only filter half or 2 cars - we again have a block.

No matter how much you put infront of that tunnel, it can be blocked and ddos can occur.

There's no reason not to reject and control the traffic at your server - wether network level, Windows/os level or even in l2server/extender.

Sameway if you buy a super duper cisco firewall, with an amazingly fast cpu and a throughput of 500 Mbit.

Good explanation but it don't need to be necesary cisco, there are much better protections than cisco.

I don't think so.

It was only one question, as I said I am newbie

Good explanation

Ty u for your attention