[help]l2j legal ilegal?

l2j is legal....as long as...YOU...

1. Can prove that 80% of ur donations go to keep server alive (thats for every private)

2. as ur not Modding ur client

edit: its not a develop subject it should be in general

Do you know what the word Donate means?

<--- What the word Donate means --->

Donate is a gift given, typically to a cause or/and for charitable purposes. A donation may take various forms, including cash, services, new or used goods as i.e. clothing, toys, food, vehicles, emergency or humanitarian aid items, and can also relate to medical care needs as i.e. blood or organs for transplant. Charitable gifts of goods or services are also called gifts in kind.

<--- Legal --->

Donations are gifts given without return consideration. This lack of return consideration means that, in common law, an agreement to make a donation is an "imperfect contract void for want of consideration. Only when the donation is actually made does it acquire legal status as a transfer or property. In civil law jurisdictions, on the contrary, donations are valid contracts, though they may require some extra formalities, such as being done in writing.

l2j is absolutely legal because is not based on NCsoft's files

its just an e-m-u-l-a-t-o-r

But if you made any client modding i think its illegal

actually its legal because l2j its a demo of the retail lineage2 thats my opinion :)

Response from NcSoft

Response (GM xxx) xx/xx/xxxx xx:xx PM

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Lineage II Support. All Lineage II servers that are not run specifically by NCsoft are illegal. It doesn't matter if they use donations or run the server for free. Hosting a Lineage II server is a federal crime. The penalties for this crime can lead to a fine of up to $100,000 and 10 years in a federal penitentiary. If you have any more questions, please let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

The Lineage II Support Team