[Help] two servers on the same dc?

Xtract

Question

hello guys,

wonder if the possibility to put two servers on the same "Dedicated Server" and only a L2J L2Off and the other with the same system? If you like to do, someone who has already done can you tell me how?

Enjoying the post as it does to put two L2Off the same system?

Grateful for the attention and response ...

Yes it is possible to run both but not posible to use the same loginserver (or else, would need to use L2Off loginserver and implement support on the l2j core of the gameserver to support the L2Off gameserver).

If you want to run 2 loginservers (one for L2Off and one for L2j) and 2 gameservers (one L2Off and one L2j) it is very easy, just install each as usual. But you will need at least 12Gb of RAM for full load since for full load L2Off needs 8Gb RAM and L2j 4Gb RAM.

Maybe you should be more specific of what you want to do so we can give more detailed and accurate answers.

Well my dear neyks,

And so I put two servers on the same dedicated server, only it has the detail that one will L2J L2Off and the other two and that the system works on the same client, then I wonder if this is possible, as you already said is, then I would know how to configure the logins that at the time of login, the system appears on two servers for the player to choose which to enter, you know?

Well my dear neyks,

And so I put two servers on the same dedicated server, only it has the detail that one will L2J L2Off and the other two and that the system works on the same client, then I wonder if this is possible, as you already said is, then I would know how to configure the logins that at the time of login, the system appears on two servers for the player to choose which to enter, you know?

Im not understanding what do you mean with " only it has the detail that one will L2J L2Off and the other two ", you are not explaing nothing,

you want to run 2 l2off, 2 l2j, or 1 l2off and 1 l2j or what? and you say "one will be and the other two" so you are talking about 3 servers?

anyway, i dont think that you can ran an authd and an l2j loginserver on the same host, them should go in conflict for the IP/Port's,

either, if you can run them,i dont think that the client will work, cause he have to select on wich login he have to do the login,

in this case you have to run them on different ports, so you cannot use the same system " to show 2 servers on the login " to do so, as neyks says,

you have to add the support for the AuthD on the l2j gameserver core, other wise just run 2 l2j's or 2 l2off's with theyr right login servers.

Anyway i can be wrong...

Btw lol why you want to run an l2j + an l2off?

As neky's said it's quite obviously possible - with small handy work.

You'd have to make sure that none of them use the same ports, as conflicting traffic this way would probably cause alot of booms and cocks up.

So interdaemon traffic is untouched from l2j to l2off, and that all client traffic is routed to the correct platform.

If you want to share auth confidentially/database, youd have to write your own login daemon ,or heavily modify l2j/l2off ones.

I'm quite sure there's some difference between interdaemon communication - and how it passes on socket information.

But probably not too much of a difference - not that this matters since so little know the inner workings of both platforms ;)

Information between client and gameserver, technicly should be the same no matter if its l2j or l2off.

As neky's said it's quite obviously possible - with small handy work.

You'd have to make sure that none of them use the same ports, as conflicting traffic this way would probably cause alot of booms and cocks up.

So interdaemon traffic is untouched from l2j to l2off, and that all client traffic is routed to the correct platform.

If you want to share auth confidentially/database, youd have to write your own login daemon ,or heavily modify l2j/l2off ones.

I'm quite sure there's some difference between interdaemon communication - and how it passes on socket information.

But probably not too much of a difference - not that this matters since so little know the inner workings of both platforms ;)

Information between client and gameserver, technicly should be the same no matter if its l2j or l2off.

Yes but, if he is going to put across 2 logins, he wont be able to use the same client withouth changing at least the port on the ini's  ( so 2 different inis ) or with a self done launcher, or im wrong?

Yes but, if he is going to put across 2 logins, he wont be able to use the same client withouth changing at least the port on the ini's  ( so 2 different inis ) or with a self done launcher, or im wrong?

AuthD port in the client is not in the .ini, you have to change it directly in Engine.dll (or was it NWindow?).

Lets simplify things a little...

Want L2j and L2Off to run on the pc? - Possible

Want to use one Auth server for both platforms? - Not possible, at least for any of the number changers on this forum that is.

Only way you gonna do it is have 2 Auth servers and 2 clients (or custom launcher as stated by Arsh) or pay a proper developer to make an auth server compatible with both L2j and L2Off.

And if you go for the latter option, I hope you have deep pockets.

AuthD port in the client is not in the .ini, you have to change it directly in Engine.dll (or was it NWindow?).

Mhm, nevermind, i was meaning another thing with,but it wont work.

Anyway, the better thing for you would be just to add the support for the l2off AuthD to l2j

Is it possible to run two different L2 servers on the same machine such as L2jserver for Garcia Final and L2jserver for Epilogue using two different log ins and two different games servers one MySQL and one Navicat ?  If yes where can I find a detailed set up guide?

WildAmos@hotmail.com

Is it possible to run two different L2 servers on the same machine such as L2jserver for Garcia Final and L2jserver for Epilogue using two different log ins and two different games servers one MySQL and one Navicat ?  If yes where can I find a detailed set up guide?

WildAmos@hotmail.com

Wrong Section, that's the L2off section!