[Guide]Verteron Quest

Welcome to my Verteron Quest guide.This guide continues where my Poeta guide left off, covering the lvl 10-20 range.

Once you're done with Poeta, move to Sanctum and finish your ascension quest there. Your trainer will reward you with a rare weapon of your choosing. Also, buy your new class-specific skill books from him. Now, you're off to Verteron

Verteron Map

2eai2vm.jpg

1)Level 10 solo Area

2)Level 11-12 solo Area

3)Level 12-13 solo Area

4)Level 13-15 solo Area

5)Level 14-15 solo Area

6-7)Level 16-17 solo Area\

8)Level 18 solo Area

9)Level 19 solo Area

10)Wedding ring Box

11)Suspicious Box

12)16-20 Team only

Once in Verteron, talk to all the NPCs and accept all their quests. Most of the quests you receive involve killing creatures right outside the city, gathering the things they drop.

dg5rw0.jpg

You will also have to find 5 crystals for the weaponsmith, these can be found near water, right outside or behind of Verteron. See the picture above for an example.

You will also receive two quests in Verteron that require you two find two distinct items, and the quest descriptions are vague.

The first one is the Lobnite fossil, that can be located here:

width=960 height=768http://i49.tinypic.com/1415anb.jpg[/img]

width=960 height=768http://i45.tinypic.com/2gtnl2f.jpg[/img]

Note: You will need to fly in order to get up there, so be careful about having enough flight time to pick it up. Falling in Aion can kill you

width=960 height=768http://i46.tinypic.com/20042g6.jpg[/img]

Note: The Wedding Ring quest won't be available until higher levels, arround 16.

Doing all the quests here should land you somewhere between lvl 11 and 12. Now it's time to move on towards Tolbias village. You can get there by following the road leaving Verteron. On the way there, you will encounter two NPCs that give quests. They will direct you to Belbua's farm, where you need to talk to the scarecrow.

The quests here involve gathering pumpkings, gathering Kukuru (requires 20 gathering skill points), and killing Peons. Also, you will have to hunt Violent and Hungry Zaifs.

The scarecrow will also give you a quest to find a treasure chest. The chest is actually a barrel, and can be found nearby in the thief camp, more exactly here:

width=960 height=768http://i46.tinypic.com/2ch2wye.jpg[/img]

Once you're done with these quests, you should be lvl 12.

Go on to Tolbias Village, and get the remaining rewards. Talk to all the NPCs here, then head back to Belbua's farm. You will now have to kill Thieves there. Once you have them all, return to the Village and talk Abolos to get the next phase of the Lepharist main quest. Your final task will be to return to Belbua's farm, and kill Calvin, the thief boss. He can be found in a house near the river:

width=960 height=768http://i45.tinypic.com/2r71pb6.jpg[/img]

Note: Once you kill Calvin, check inside his house for a note pinned on one of the walls. Taking this note will open up a new quest, that can be completed by visiting Spatalos in Verteron. It's one of those quests that don't require you to do anything, yet they will give you some xp whenever you pass through Verteron. Worth picking up!

In case you got a Lepharist Crest to drop for you, keep it, you will need it to complete a quest given by an NPC in the Library in Sanctum.

The next thing on the to-do list would be to hunt a few Frillnecks (dinousaurs) they are located just east of Tolbias Village. While killing them, make sure you raise your gathering skill by collecting Jute or Birch Log's. You need to raise it to 35.

Going further east, you will find a small hunters camp with two NPCs that give quests:

width=960 height=768http://i48.tinypic.com/io0sr8.jpg[/img]

Accept and complete them, and you should be at least lvl 13, if not lvl 14.

Return to the village, get your rewards, and take on the new quests. Now it's time to hunt some higher lvl Frillnecks (12 to be exact). Go into the forest and swamp to the east of Tolbias Village to find them. Be careful, the mushrooms near the trees are agressive and will hit you with ranged attacks. Once you've killed the frillnecks, return to the village and gest the last part of the Frillneck hunt quest, killing Trandila.

Trandila is located deep in the forest (you've probably seen it while hunting the 12 Frillnecks). Some professions might have difficulty soloing it (assasin for instance), but arround lvl 14-15 it's easily killable. If you don't find it anywhere in the forest, simply change the channel. Trandila has slightly more hp than the rest of the Frillnecks, and hits a bit harder, but it's not a hard boss (I've killed it at lvl 12 with my Chanter). It is a lvl 17 mob.

You can find Trandila by using the locate function in your journal, or by going here:

width=960 height=768http://i50.tinypic.com/t5r9si.jpg[/img]

If you're still in the area, there are a couple things worth doing here. First, you should do the quest given to you by Lepios:

width=960 height=768http://i49.tinypic.com/nprubb.jpg[/img]

This involves killing contaminated monsters arround him and gathering fluids. Frillneks or Plumas will do!

Now, for the more interesting, rewarding, but time consuming thing. Perhaps if you like to wonder arround the landscape, you've noticed a yellow suspicious box up on an altar, near Lepios.

The thing with this suspicious box is that it can be killed, but you hit it for 1 damage, no matter what weapons or skills you use. As it has a lot of hp, it takes a lot of time to kill. Here are a few tips:

- killing the suspicious box is worth it, as every killed box drops between 2 and 7 Head Priest's items (weapons and rings), that are insanely good, and can be sold for quite some money to other players via the broker

- the loot is random, however, it always gives something

- killing the suspicious box with a slow weapon like a greatsword would take forever; the best way to do it is by using daggers; with a pair of daggers, it takes between 2:30 and 3:00 hours. However, if you don't have a class that can wield daggers, simply use your fists, it's still a lot faster than most weapons

- the box doesn't hit back

- if the suspicious box isn't spawned when you get there, simply change the channel

- killing the suspicious box in a group is very fast, a team of 4-5 players can break it in 30 minutes, so this is a very good thing to do if you're planning on equipping your entire legion early-game

- you can get to the suspicious box and kill it at lvl 10

width=960 height=768http://i45.tinypic.com/hwjonb.jpg[/img]

The third, and also important thing to do in the swap, is to talk to the ecologists at their camp. Archaeolus gives out a main quest ( The contaminated swap ) that has a 106.000 xp reward. Illos gives out secondary quests, one involving the Baby Octasides.

When hunting the baby octasides (found near Trandila), you need to be careful. There are always packs of 3 mobs, one big Octaside, and two babies. The baby octasides die from one hit, so always kill these off fast, and finish the big one last.

Doing the Contaminated Swap quest involves running arround a lot in Sanctum, but it's not difficult...except for the last part.

Once you return from Sanctum, Archaeolus will give you two potions and send you off to kill the Deadly Poison Slacy. It can be found here:

width=960 height=768http://i48.tinypic.com/vrd9g8.jpg[/img]

The hard thing about Slacy is not that he's strong, but that he's bugged. In order to damage it, you need to drink the potions given to you by Archaeolus. Theoretically, you need to drink one potion, hit Slacey, then drink another one, and kill it. But sometimes Slacy bugs up, meaning that the potion doesn't have any effect on it. And when the potion doesn't work, you do 1 dmg constantly on it.

My advice is that you take a friend with you to kill it. That way, if your potions don't work, his/hers will. Don't get me wrong, it can be soloed, sometimes it goes easily without any bugs, but it's so random, you can never know.

I've found that it can be killed with a Ranger even without the potions (might be doable on other classes aswell), by using poison traps, that damage it normally even without the potion, and running a lot. Simply rooting it, dropping a poison trap, and running arround in circles, then repeating the process works. But it's hard, and time consuming, so I don't reccomend it.

Once Slacy is dead, a spirit will spawn. Talk to it, then return to Spatalos in Verteron to get your reward.

Once you're done with these quests, it's time to kick some Dukaki butt. You should be arround lvl 15 now. Head into the Dukaki Settlement near Tolbias Village. You will have multiple quests here, ranging from gathering supplies from boxes found arround the camp, to more important ones, like poisoning their Cauldrons.

One of the more difficult quests here would be killing Lightning-foot Tukka. He's a small dukaki, that runs really really fast, and patrols the entrance to the settlement. It's easy to kill it with a class that has slow/root skills, but it's hard without them. Tukka doesn't hit back, but

he runs alot near other dukaki mobs, so you have to be careful, or you'll find yourself being chased by half the dukaki camp in notime.

Tukka can be most easily killed here:

width=960 height=768http://i46.tinypic.com/1sdswn.jpg[/img]

After killing him, return to the village to get a new title as a reward. This title is insanely good for classes such as the ranger, as it gives 2% extra movement speed. Other classes might find it useful too.

Another annoying quest here is finding Poppy. Poppy is a lost porgus (a pig in non-fantasy worlds), that is being held by the Dukaki. He can be found here:

width=960 height=768http://i48.tinypic.com/27zvtwl.jpg[/img]

Simply talk to him, and then slowly run back to the village. He will follow you. If you get attacked on the way, kill the mobs. If by any chance Poppy gets lost or dies, simply go back to the cage you found him in, and try again.

Also, the Dukaki near Poppy drop the jewelry needed to complete Naia's quest. It might be a long grind though, the droprate is pretty poor.

Note: If you have the Language Potion quest from Sanctum, you can find the NPC to complete it in a cage in the western end of the camp.

Now that you're done with the camp, it's time to move on from Tolbias Village. Head into the Dukaki Settlement, and head towards Poppy. Once you're passed him, move on the road to the right and on towards the Pilgrim camp.

On the way there, you will find Considerate Lagos, a talking goat (or Abex, whatever you prefer). It will give you a couple quests that require plant gathering.

width=960 height=768http://i48.tinypic.com/2m6vj8k.jpg[/img]

Passing Lagos, you'll arive to the Pilgrim Camp. There are a few quests to be done here aswell.

width=960 height=768http://i45.tinypic.com/2roizp1.jpg[/img]

As you go on the road, through the canyon and the contaminated swap, you'll get to a small camp with two more NPCs that give quests. Accept these quests, and move one. Eventually, you will arrive at Altamia Ridge. This is the first camp that you can teleport to and from Verteron. Save here, and start doing the quests given by the NPCs. Most of them are simply monster hunting.

One partucular quest though, stands out. Eninte, an NPC that can be found during the day near the abandoned ruins, gives a quest that sends you to Sanctum. Once you went there and talked to the Daeva, return to Eninte. The Deava in Sanctum tells you there's a banshee that needs to be killed. Turns out that it's Eninte. The banshee you will need to kill, spawns right where Eninte sits during the day, but it has to be nightime for it to appear:

width=960 height=768http://i50.tinypic.com/1r2fdf.jpg[/img]

Note: The banshee isn't a difficult boss, but it hits pretty hard. Just focus on taking her down fast, and you'll be fine.

Once you've killed it, you need to go back to Sanctum and talk to the Daeva again. The reward is a necklace and some xp. Luckily, you can teleport to Verteron from the camp nearby, so it's not a very hard or long quest.

Once you're done with this area, head on to the Miraju's holy ground. There are a few quests here available starting from lvl 17. Most importantly, you can farm iron coins here, that can be used to buy some pretty decent gear from one of the NPCs in the shrine.

Besides that, the Atmosphere and Frost Wind spirits have nice loot, so this is a good place to farm up on some cash. Level 17 is a dead-zone for quests anyway.

If you're done here, the last area in Verteron you need to visit is the Cantas Coast region. This is a lvl 18 zone, and is a good place to solo and do some quests. You can get there by taking the flight transporter in Verteron. Also, this is the area where many of the NPCs you've encountered before have sent you with various quests (like taking a letter, and so on).

When doing the main quest with the Lepharist Shipwreck crew, there are two things to keep in mind. First of all, when you get transformed into a parrot, all you need to do is scout the shipwreck on the beach. Go inside, and find the captain, guarded by two lackeys. A cutscene will trigger. You don't need to kill him...yet. Return to the settlement, and update your quest.

Now comes the part where you need to kill the pirate captain (the one you just spied on). The problem is that it's really hard to solo the boss, due to the two lackeys that aggro when you try to take him on. Not even clerics or chanters and outheal all 3 mobs (well, they can, in good gear, but it's hard), and kiters don't have too much room to run arround. So if you're planning to kill him, bring at least one friend (possibly a healer).

When taking on the trio, kill the captain first, as he has the highest damage.

One more notable thing in this area would be Lamega the Gigantic. While not a quest boss, this giant turtle is easy to kill, and drops a nice rare (green) ring and a rare shield (a shield that is great for mace using clerics or chanters). The loot is quite valuable at the broker too, and at least one of the two items will drop.

width=960 height=768http://i50.tinypic.com/nz3zaf.jpg[/img]

By the time you're done with Cantas Coast too, you should be at least halfway to lvl 19. Now comes the part when you have two options:

a.) Grind mobs on your own without doing quests. This may be a bit boring, but it will get you to level 19. Once you're 19, you can move on to Eltnen and start doing quests there.

or

b.) Throw together a team, and do those quests that still are in your journal, but can't be soloed. That's right, time to hit the Tursin garrison. You've probably been curious and went there already, only to find a nasty surprise. For those of you that haven't, here's the deal:

The monsters there are lvl 16 or so, but they are Elites. Meaning they have a lot more hp and damage than regular mobs, and are not really soloable. Some classes might manage to solo off one elite at a time, but it's time consuming, hard, and really not worth it.

Instead, look for people like you, that need the quests done, but can't manage them alone, form a party, and start whacking. A good party should have a templar, a cleric and a chanter, and 3 damage dealers, possibly a sorcerer to cast sleep on the adds.

The xp and items found in the Tursin Garrison and Outpost are insane. You can do lvl 16-20 here in just 1-2 hours, assuming you have a good team. In any case, you need a decent group of people to quest here, if you can't seem to find one, stick to plan a.).

Hope that i helped have fun leveling and so on

Credits Drizzt