NextDev disbanded! What will happen to L2Off development?

Aion just spanked Lineage.

rigth thats why there will be server merges in aion soon (look on aionsource new of this month)

fact is aion sux

Everyone i know from teon who played aion did quit already (me included)

fail game is fail

Don't be so suprised, 99% of the servers up are Java.

Most people put up Interlude servers and Archid/L2J has most of interlude working perfectly.

So... why do we need L2- OFF Devs?

The only reason we need them is because Even with major bug fixes L2j still not that great compared to L2-OFF.

It's just more enjoyable to play on an OFF server where its a lil more stable, and when done right more secure.

L2 is a dieing game, it makes sense people would pull out of development ... they need to grow up / get real jobs etc.... they are not gona waste their entire life deving Lineage 2 ( 7 year+ old game)

Tera/Diablo3/ all these new games coming out... who will stay to play L2? only the people with crap computers.

Most people nowadays play Xbox etc.... because their computers are out-dated and can't play anything new... while game developers have to make games run good on xbox. ( new cod will be nuts ) ...

So in the future...  you will have

Most people playing Xbox

Everyone with GOOD computers (500+ Euro) for a box , playing games like Tera/L3 if it ever comes out... diablo 3 / starcraft 2.... w/e.

Everyone with bad computers trying to find a good L2 server to play on (none exist), giving up and playing their xbox or just playing something else/ giving up on games.

I don't really understand why people in 2010 have bad computers... for 3 - 600$ you can play anything out there and have no lag at all.

You think people played Starcraft for 10 years+ because they had crappy pc's? and counter-strike?

I wasn't impressed by neither Aion nor Tera; only GW2 seems decently exciting.

...and soon l3.

lol he said 'l3' and 'soon' in one sentence xD

bout OFF devs: enjoy your retirement QQ; never played OFF anyway, except retail ofc ::)

I have the bad feeling that L3 will epic fail

i don't want it.. but i have the weird feeling :s

L2Off will fail 4sure in L3 :)

+50 not +1 only. ncsoft will be really carefull and they won't manage to steal files again. so.

I never understood NC-Softs logic, if they opened their own High - Rate 10,000's would join.

All they need to do is make 5x Boosted Drop 15x Boosted xp, 45 min Buff times.

Lineage 3 / Tera (pretty much same game) will succeed if they manage to make it Grind Free, / reasonable farming.

It's when you have nothing to do in the game but farm/grind for 6-9 months that the game becomes pointless and boring, the entire point of a game is to have fun, not be bored out of your mind and on the verge of committing suicide.

A problem with games in the past has been that they can't figure out a way to make the game challenging so they just make everything you do take extreme amounts of time, to make up for the lack in difficulty.

An aspect of Tera that I do like is that the game looks like it will be based more on action/reaction ie: you can dodge/jump and avoid attacks at will and based on skill/experience/knowledge and not just a roll of dice RNG. it will make the game atleast fun to play, even if it has a slight grind/farm, each encounter will be unique etc.

My only concern from game play footage is that the mobs/environment is slow reacting to the point where even a monkey could dodge the attacks.(things dont atk fast enough)

It should be about the difficulty of playing Street Fighter for balanced and fair game play.

The pvp must be fun though.

You think people played Starcraft for 10 years+ because they had crappy pc's? and counter-strike?

OFC not, the games where very fun, but eventually even if a game is fun people will stop playing in 800x600 resolution.

No one human being will sit there and play Starcraft for 10 years non-stop you take breaks etc... and eventually between year 5 - 10 you will quit and only play occasionally 1 time every 2 - 3 months etc. when friend brings it up and says lets play for old times sake.

I don't think I know anyone who played the game from launch to now, I know people who played it A LOT but still people out-grow games, and the game running in such a low res/low specs makes you want to try new games... and if the new games are good you move on.

People without that option will OC stick to old game because they can't even play the new one at all.

• 2 months later...

AMD Phenom x4 @ 3,6 Ghz

4 GIG ram

GeForce GTX460 1GB

Playing only L2 and CoD4 atm, probably 'cause I can't run newer games right?

Edit: oops sorry for bump, found this topic on Google and didn't check date ;D