[Request]How to make new skill.

Thelasthero

Question

Hi guys, i am working on my server, and i want to make new attack skills, that everyone will be able to use, like www.l2-gm.com custom skills. Please help me find a guide, because i have searched as how to make new skill, new skill, how to make you own skill and didn't find anything. Please help me.

10 answers to this question

thats not spam.. u have to edit the patch too so u can see the new skill :P

Which patch? He made no reference to a patch.

@Thelasthero - You have to add the skill in the stats/skills's xml.

and in client??? will client support it if i don't register it on my system

ye well u gotta understand Nubs-English...

So Thelasthero what you need do' is what Horus just said: create the xml for the skill and add it in skills_tree if u want it to be learned.

Afterwords if you want the skill to be seen in game you will have to edit skillname-e.dat and skillgrp.dat, you'll have to add the id icon and stuff there..

You should post at Client Mod this part... cus l2j devs.. kinda hate client mod.. so ain't gonna get too much help here, regarding the system files edit.

ye well u gotta understand Nubs-English...

So Thelasthero what you need do' is what Horus just said: create the xml for the skill and add it in skills_tree if u want it to be learned.

Afterwords if you want the skill to be seen in game you will have to edit skillname-e.dat and skillgrp.dat, you'll have to add the id icon and stuff there..

You should post at Client Mod this part... cus l2j devs.. kinda hate client mod.. so ain't gonna get too much help here, regarding the system files edit.

ok thank you velvetvalour

Do NOT discuss client modding in this section.

There is an appropriate section for it and you do NOT have to edit your client. Skill will be seen ingame only with a generic icon,description and name.