Tips and Tricks (IDM,W7M,O&O more)

Phoenix4

Hi guys.I had long time to make a guide so i decided to make one and here it is.The title says it all , some tricks - tips about the following programs.

Internet Download Manager [iDM]

O&O Defrag Professional Edition [works on Server Edition too]

Windows 7 Manager

Media Player Classic

mTorrent

WinRar

Power ISO  [NEW~GUIDE UPDATED]

Let's begin

Internet Download Manager

fjkx0o.jpg   2mmwd2s.png

Internet Download Manager is a program that increases your download speed.IDM has many abilities one of them is to download videos like on youtube by pressing on the pop up ->

28wknf4.png

ok now let's see how we can transfer the links we want to download all of them like a pack.

Create a .txt (right click on desktop->new->text document)

Open the .txt file and get the links you want to download inside and then save something like this

2lbkhgl.png

Now go to IDM -> Tasks -> Import -> From txt file

and choose the txt you made

11twowy.png

and here there are all the links  ready to download!

2hczqd4.png

id9bas.png

Also we can use IDM with Premium accounts of Rapidshare,Megaupload,FileFactory,4Shared and more ... how?

IDM->Downloads->Options->Site Logins->New->Add the link of the site (example if we mean rapidshare add www.rapidshare.com) then add your account and your password.Bingo now then you download from these sites it will be downloading with premium.But if your account expires and you make new account you must edit it with the new account-password.

281yfyc.png

34dgdft.png

Another tip that will save you a lot of time and it's about premium users of sites like Rs,Mu etc.

First mark the links you want to download and then right click on them -> Move to queue -> Create New Queue -> Ok -> Start Now and here we are!The links we marked to download are now getting downloaded automatically ! This can say lots of hours for sure but make sure your Premium account is full otherwise the links won't be downloaded.

of8tgk.png

s42w02.png

Now let's see about

O&O Defrag Professional Edition

oo-def10.jpgxddoo.png

O&O Defrag puts is a replacement for the standard Windows defragmenter.It puts fragmented files together and maximizes your system speed and offers five different defragmentation strategies, as well as OneButtonDefrag technology for automatic adjustment of the settings best fitting for your system.

Also it is a really good program to avoid Format.Anyway let's see about it.

Open O&O and go to Settings -> Tuning -> Defragmentation Execution -> Sequential

In that way the program will do a much better defragment (deep) but it will need more time.

2mzl40k.png

2hmkcop.png

Now let's see how you can work it , it's simple

Open O&O -> Choose the partition you want to defrag (mark it) -> Start -> COMPLETE/Access

mbsfht.png

Windows 7 Manager

mv6b8n.png33wrs0i.png

33wa4ps.png

Windows 7 Manager is the powerful software tool to tweak and optimize your Windows 7, it bundles more than 30 different utilities in one and help your system faster and more stable, secure and personal!

It has many Features like:

• Information

• Optimizer

• Cleaner

• Customization

• Security

• Network

• Misc. Utilities

Example:

It is like msconfig Startup Manager (but much better than msconfig)

2gy1xeq.png

Many other features like

dbr2hv.jpg

But i will explain about the Cleaning side.Ok let's see

ekgfuu.png

Open W7M and go to Cleaner. We have 3 cleaning programs to do Junk File Cleaner , Registry Cleaner , Registry Defrag. You have to do them in row.Select Junk File Cleaner and press Scan then scanning ends press Delete.Same on Registry Cleaner.

1565qph.png

1pf5er.png

Now Registry Defrag.Before you begin it make sure you have saved your work cause it will need restart.Press analyze and then it finishes press Compact.Pc will restart zzzzzzz

22ninm.png

Back! ok we are finished with W7M it has more features but it's better to be explored by you.

Media Player Classic

11gm6wg.jpg2myytlt.png

Media Player Classic is an light-weight media player for Windows it has many features like a built in DVD player with real-time zoom, support for AVI subtitles, QuickTime and RealVideo support (requires QT and/or Real player); built-in MPEG2/SVCD/DVD codec.

It also supports SVCD/CVD selectable subtitles and lots more. The best part about Media Player Classic is the ability to modify the filters when playing your favorite video files.

Well i don't have to say many things about Media Player Classic only one that it's really helpful.I am sure many laptop users doesn't like the low sound on their laptop then they are watching movies etc.Here is the solution to boost the sound.

Open Media Player Classic -> View -> Options -> Audio Switcher and look on the Boost.Making it to the max makes Boosting sound 100% but better use it on movies that have good quality of sound cause if they don't , the sound will suck.

nwhier.png

rkbvki.png

μTorrent

utorrent_logo.pngxdb6fd.png

µTorrent is the world's most popular BitTorrent client. Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in µTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet)

Now let's boost a bit his speed.

Open μtorrent -> Options -> Preferences -> BitTorrent -> Protocol Encryption -> Outgoing -> Forced

jrticp.png

Now go on a torrent , right click and select Force Start.Now right click again Bandwidth Allocation from Normal to High. More settings exist but i don't trust them.

WinRar

1349067eh.jpgdwcdxs.png

WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.

WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).

Now let's see how we can do a better compression than the normal but it will take a bit more time at the procedure.

Open WinRar -> Options -> Settings -> Compression -> Create Default -> Compression Method -> Best -> OK

15rl7ax.png

i5ya82.png

Power ISO

poweriso-44-with-serial-key-ocd.jpg21c5j53.png

PowerISO is a CD/DVD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files, and mount these files with internal virtual drive.

In a few words we can make ISO files , open ISO files , burn cd/dvd [nero's/NTI's work] , now i will explain how to burn/open ISO files and disable visual drives.

Open and Extract ISO files

width=1024 height=612http://i47.tinypic.com/217ex3.png[/img]

Burn files

2d0jr4i.png

Disable virtual drives

s0wi9u.png

So here is the end of the guide i hope it helped some people if you find any mistake post it please.

Credits goes to -> Phoenix

Leeching that guide to other forum(s) is not allowed -.-

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...