[PS3]All about updates

Hallo guyz how are u??I hope u are fine...Today i am into a good mood(Again???)and i will share smth very usefull for those who own a Playstation 3...For me PS3 is the best gaming console(Except pc) that exists....Xbox 360 is nothing compared with it...Don't tell me that it's warez 'coz it isn't!!Now let me start with the guide...This guide is seperated on the following parts:

• Prologue
  • Some infos about the updates
  • Previous updates' Features
  • Most updated operating system
  • How to update
  • Download links

-Prologue:

PS3 is the most usefull and enjoyable console that have been ever made....It provides many unique features like the playing of multimedia files(Videos,Music,Pictures),the full control of its operating system,the wirelles internet connection and many many more...However all the next-gen consoles are not perfect yet so updates must be done..Today we will talk about updates...How to update,what is an update,what are it's new features and why should we keep our PS3 up-to-date...

-Some informations about the updates:

This is the operating system software for your PLAYSTATION 3. It controls everything, including what types of content and which features you can access on your PS3.

As well as keeping your PS3 in top condition with the latest security updates, Parental Controls and display options, updates often increase what your PS3 is capable of. New settings, new features and new functionality can be included in an update; as the system software evolves, only a PS3 with the latest update installed will be able to make full use of these enhancements.

Each update is numbered so you can quickly see what the latest version is - the higher the number, the more recent the update. For example, 1.60 is more up to date than 1.50.

To find out which version of the system software you currently have installed on your PS3, navigate through the Home Menu of your PS3 to the Settings category. From here select [system Settings], followed by [system Information], and you'll see the PS3 system software version displayed here.

To find out what the latest available version is you can look for and download the software at www.eu.playstation.com !!

-Previous updates' Features:

To find out which features had been includes in the previous updates of PS3 operating system just Click Meh

-The most updated PS3 OS version:

An update to the PS3 system software was released on June 24, 2009. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 2.80 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 2.80, you will need a minimum 147Mb of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).

Main features in system software update version 2.80

* The playback quality of some PLAYSTATION 3 software has been improved.

Note:

* This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.

* The new system software will preserve any settings previously made to the PLAYSTATION 3.

* Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.

* Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.

-How to update:

There are two possible ways to update PS3..Both of them are safe and i am sure that by reading this u will not encounter any problem..Just relax and take your time to trust in me and u will find(infinity) out how to update ps3 properly ;)....

[1st Way]Update Via your Computer:

First of all we gonna need is:

• Computer
  • Internet Connection
  • Storage device(USB flash,Memory stick,Hard disk)

Now that we have all of them check the download link which is written on the next part...Download it and save it to ur desktop...

Now open ur Storage device and make a folder named "PS3"...

Now make another folder inside PS3 folder named "UPDATE"...

Copy there the update and connect the Storage device to ur PS3...Browse its setting and select "System Update" and then "Update via Storage Media"...

Once the update is saved say G/J to urself and enjoy the most updated version ;)...

Note 1:Write every word that has quotes("") without them

Note 2:Write every word with capital letters...For example:PS3,UPDATE("")

[2nd Way]Update via Internet:

Navigate to Settings on the PS3 Home Menu, select [system Update] and then [update via Internet] and your PS3 will check if you have the latest version. If not, it will download and install it for you.

Once the update is saved say G/J to urself and enjoy the most updated version ;)...

-Usefull links:

PS3's OS current most updated version:

Click meh to download

Greek playstation's official website:

Click meh to redirect u

United Kingdom playstation's official website:

http://uk.playstation.com/

I hope u enjoyed my guide and that i helped u a lot...

All the credits go to me 'coz i didn't c/p anything from those webs...I wrote the text on my own :D

But the source is the playstation official website :D

Take care,MasterDisaster

:O Ofc Playstation is the best console xbox its good but ps3 its special

thanks for guide ;)

Nop mate :D

Thx for ur good comment :D

I am glad that some1 is appreciating my work :D

MαsтєЯĐιsαsтєя™ you wrote everything in this guide?if yes i will see all your work in the section and maybe you will get +1 for your job..

Answer plz

I wrote everything except the update info which i am updating now....So wait till i update it ;)!!

//updated...

But remembah...It's just informations that i found while been surfing on the net...I just simplified them 'coz i know that many guyz as u will appreciate it :D

original source = http://au.playstation.com/help-support/ps3/system-software/updates/

add it in your 1ST post pls.ty

All the credits go to me 'coz i didn't c/p anything from those webs...I wrote the texts on my own :D

But the source is the playstation official website :D

Take care,MasterDisaster

Read better next time before u blame me...

the 80% is just a c/p :SSS

its better in the other webste, dont need karma.

LoL i didn't requested karma...And as i said i am about to re-make it and simmplify it more...Why are u that mad???

I Have both consoles,well i buy the Xbox only for the Halo online =P,but is true the Playstation 3 is the best.

Very usefull Guide MαsтєЯĐιsαsтєя™

Thx for ur good words seeya...I am happy that u appreciate it :D!!!

PS3 ownz hard ans xbox is just a bin compared with PS3...