Banksy the Well-Known Pseudo-Anonymous English Graffiti Artist

xKenji

so, how many of you know banksy?

most of you don't so i created this thread to show you some of his political street art. Most of you know his art, but you don't know who it's from... so here is Banksy.

Banksy (born 1974 in Bristol) is a well-known pseudo-anonymous English graffiti artist. He is believed to be a native of Yate, Gloucestershire, near Bristol and to have been born in 1974,but there is substantial public uncertainty about his identity and personal and biographical details. According to Tristan Manco, Banksy was born in 1974 and raised in Bristol, England. The son of a photocopier engineer, he trained as a butcher but became involved in graffiti during the great Bristol aerosol boom of the late 1980s. His artworks are often satirical pieces of art on topics such as politics, culture, and ethics. His street art, which combines graffiti writing with a distinctive stencilling technique, is similar to Blek le Rat, who began to work with stencils in 1981 in Paris and members of the anarcho-punk band Crass who maintained a graffiti stencil campaign on the London Tube System in the late 1970s and early 1980s. His art has appeared in cities around the world. Banksy's work was born out of the Bristol underground scene which involved collaborations between artists and musicians.

Banksy does not sell photos of street graffiti or mount exhibitions of screenprints in commercial galleries. Art auctioneers have been known to attempt to sell his street art on location and leave the problem of its removal in the hands of the winning bidder.

so basically, what he does is swear, puncuate or even relate political influences.

34.jpg

2.jpg

1-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

width=640 height=428http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa303/gropacas/43.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=325http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa303/gropacas/4-1.jpg[/img]

You might not care about him, think he is a retard, but he is worth knowing ;) so, please, spare some time reading this thread

more info:

@

www.banksy.co.uk

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banksy#cite_note-1

cheers

:)

Well...

I read about him but i don't see anything really intresting :)

I don't know why but someone else might find it intresting :)

Anyways... it was good of you to let us know about this guy.

Well...

I read about him but i don't see anything really intresting :)

I don't know why but someone else might find it intresting :)

Anyways... it was good of you to let us know about this guy.

he tries to change the government... he is trying to wake us up from the brainwash we have been aplied to by our governments and our leaders. Don't you think that is smth worth knowing him about?

Actually yes i do :/

I didn't understand that  (Porbably because i read it fast and had a quick reply)

there aren't many ppl in Greece that dare this kind of art. either cause they don't know or don't care ;)

he tries to change the government... he is trying to wake us up from the brainwash we have been aplied to by our governments and our leaders.

I don't know the guy, but is punk and this is good! (Maybe he listen Avril Lavigne) so the guy is good! axax j/k

Really i don't know him, but if he trying to change the governement, is Good Realy.